Vainglory Forums

RIP Petal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Petal was already on her last legs, but did this update finally end her suffering?
Yes
No
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dayofj » September 30, 2015 8:33pm | Report
I'm really hoping the petal rework is a joke. How does taking an already obsolete hero and removing their only good qualities count as an improvement? You gave her the ability to hop? Sorry to the guy that came up with that idea, but his talents might be elsewhere. What about a move that sends you nearly straight up into the air, without the ability to attack, while still being able to take damage, with no offensive capabilities, and makes you freeze at the end of the jump, makes any kind of improvment? If you wanted to give her better movement you could have just added it to an existing move (seeds grant +.5 movement speed, seeds provide resistance to slow/stun) petal wasn't ever far off from being a valid because of only 1 thing...RANGE... Range was the only thing that made the 2 useless moves, low health, low movement speed, and low shield/armor somewhat bearable. At least she potentially could stay at the edge of a fight and pester the other team if they neglected to target her, but now you guys even removed that. My dearest regards petal...RIP

Dayofj
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » October 1, 2015 12:52am | Report
I played against a saw and a Skye. Not fun at all. Those ticks are the worst idea because the minions die in half a sec. Also Joule's main attack will kill them in one hit. Sure as the match goes on they last 1.5 secs but that doesn't really matter because there is a limit on how many you can put. You run out of minions and you are screwed. Which happened to me.

You forgot to mention the glitch where the minions won't even spawn. Yes the minions won't spawn. Which was awesome because I built crystal and could do a lick of damage to the enemy team and then my teammate wouldn't let us quit.

The vault is actually cool in my book but you shouldn't need a seed to do it. If you do have a seed it should throw you further.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 1, 2015 9:50am | Report
Yep! I agree with both of you. The 6 seed limit is bogus! But there is also another annoying by-product the Petal "fix". You can no longer heal you pets to keep them alive longer in fights. The vault ability is handy, since it gives Petal an escape plan, but if you have exhausted you seed limit, ability is worthless. I was excited to see that Petal got an "upgrade", but after 2 matches it is clear that Petal can't sustain as a CR hero. Munions die way to fast and the 6 seed limit makes it impossible to keep them relevant in a fight. Back to the old WP/Breaking Point Petal.

BTW, have you guys also noticed that after you use Spontaneous Combustion you have to wait the 1.5s for your munions to respawn? Previously you could use your ult., then immediately spawn the seeds and continue the fight. Now, if you're pursuing an enemy that barely survives you Ult, and you are a CR Petal with your basic attack doing bupkis (and with the nerf to Petals attack range), the enemy is going to get away! You can't instantly respawn your munions to pursue. You are basically offensively hamstrung for 1.5s (almost the same as the enemy Catherine or Vox silencing you) until your minions respawn, which hopefully don't get destroyed as seeds while you wait for them to come back. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

I don't rant often, but I was so disappointed after playing a few matches that I checked to see if others were having the same thoughts. The new rework has potential, but the seed limit needs to be removed and the ability to manually heal/spawn pets somehow needs to be brought back. Swing and a miss on this one, SEMC.....

Edit: I know Alternating Current will increase CR Petal basic attack. But I still believe the point I am making holds true.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 1, 2015 1:59pm | Report
So I just tried crystal power petal after the update and... wow...
I think petal became worse.

I agree with federalmafia it was frusterating to not have your munions immediately after the combustion. And sometimes the munions don't even spawn at all. Like one time I had 3 seeds ready and 2 of them spawned but after about 5 seconds later the 3rd one didn't come up.

The tick thing is kinda stupid because I battled a glaive, and his basic attacks cleared my munions in 2 seconds. Which rendered me useless.

However, i haven't tried weapon power petal but it looks really good on the streams. I'm gonna try it soon but until then, petal is still a weak hero in my book.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 1, 2015 3:40pm | Report
So I played a few more rounds with CR Petal, and it might take getting used to. I tried not even dropping seeds till I knew a team fight was on. I was trying to prevent my seeds from being wiped during farming. This worked out a little better, but made last hitting a little more difficult while being pestered by the enemy laner, since the attack range has been shortened. I guess now I get why the limit on 6 seeds exist, since they are in effect little land mines, but the ticking timer on them still makes it too hard to keep them during team fights with enemies with high AOE attacks. I still think WP based Petal is the way to go, since the munions grant attack speed when your targeted hero gets munched on. So, it almost feels like a Ringo-style hero with the attack speed burst.

I still can't make much sense out of the Trampoline! ability. Why upgrade it at all? What does level 4 or 5 do in this ability that level 1 doesn't do? Does Petal jump farther? Why on earth would anyone EVER overdrive this ability? What would be cool is that when you activated Trampoline!, the seed you launched from would explode and cause AOE damage, or maybe give out and AOE slow to enemies.

Example: Activating Trampoline! causes the seed you launch from to emit a cloud of pollen, causing surrounding enemies in a 4m circle to receive a 10%/15%/20%/25%/40% slow for 2s.

Something.....but right now a level 1 jump looks just like a level 4 jump.

Anyway, I hope this is a rough draft upgrade to Petal, with a revision coming VERY soon. I still think this fix to Petal had great intentions, but fell short with the final release.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dayofj » October 1, 2015 7:37pm | Report
Yep after further trial and error I have found petal to be of no benefit to her team. The range reduction crippled wp petal and the seed regeneration, inability to heal munions, and high cost of the hop or "vault" as you guys have so nicely worded it, makes cp petal very vulnerable to nearly every hero. I'd like to see some of the ideas presented above added to petal. if she could once again sprout munions on command, have her iconic 7 range, and get some incentive to max the trampoline ability she might be revived yet.

Dayofj
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by shiyunx » October 1, 2015 9:36pm | Report
Petal has turned useless after this patch. The seed limit and useless second skill does not help at all. Petal was already very vulnerable before this change and now they made it worse. The seeds does not help in providing vision and the movement speed is still as slow as ever. Hope they do something about it soon or simply just revert it to the old skills instead of pulling such stunts.

shiyunx
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoctorDoctor » October 2, 2015 8:11am | Report
Please go back to the old ability kit. Even underpowered, it was better than this. :-(

Does anyone know where the old (1.8) stats for Petal are archived?

DoctorDoctor
Quote | PM | +Rep by Franeurysm » October 2, 2015 10:05am | Report
Hint: Petal is a jungler now

Franeurysm
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » October 3, 2015 2:49am | Report
petal is dead. so weak.
i had sorrow blade, tension bow, tornado.
enemy rona and vox feels no damage without armour or shield.
rona only mask and kills me in 2 sec.
other game i try to escape krull . no chance. he gives me damage behind me.
makes sense that he can give me damage 2 meters behind me. nice
next game . our ringo only tension bow after 18 min. as laner. thx and nice

Tonyy

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved