Vainglory Forums

Sick of afk players

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spiv » January 9, 2015 1:58am | Report
Hi I'm new to the forum my in game name is Spiv feel free to add me and maybe we could team up, i need friends bad the pugs are killing me 😝
IGN: Spiv
Karma lvl 11
Beasting with Petal, Ringo,
Like holding the lane but can help
In jungle if i have to

Spiv
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » January 9, 2015 7:47am | Report
Agreed about the AFK players. Got shafted with AFKers in 3 of 4 games yesterday.

I do have to admit that today I AFKed my team even without knowing. I was playing over phone service (non-wifi) and game froze on me. Didn't happen prior to the update, but freezes were noticeable now. But usually after a few seconds it synced me back in. My team had the upper hand, but once they were down to 2 vs 3, we lost. Afterwards I got the bad karma message. I felt so ashamed... like a dog that accidentally peed on the rug...lol.

Lesson learned... play over wifi/ good phone reception; not in the middle of a 3 story building. Some AFKs may be unintentional.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 9, 2015 8:18am | Report
Get to level in the double digits and it doesn't effect you that much. I have started seeing less of them once I got to a higher level. If you do get one, don't sweat it and work with your teammate. I have won many games 2v3 and it is that much more satisfying (These were also teams that wanted to quit once it got a little hard). Don't quit as soon as the enemy team gets the Kraken too. The Kraken feeds you 500 gold once you take it out.

Also make sure you work on your builds to compliment your team and not just yourself.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Primodatum » January 9, 2015 8:38am | Report
+Rep to @sexymonkeyking for the fighting spirit!
Always remember to have fun

Primodatum
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by pmpgod » January 12, 2015 6:10am | Report

Get to level in the double digits and it doesn't effect you that much. I have started seeing less of them once I got to a higher level. If you do get one, don't sweat it and work with your teammate. I have won many games 2v3 and it is that much more satisfying (These were also teams that wanted to quit once it got a little hard). Don't quit as soon as the enemy team gets the Kraken too. The Kraken feeds you 500 gold once you take it out.

Also make sure you work on your builds to compliment your team and not just yourself.

sorry but lvl 14 here and still get so many afkers in games. Lately i've been running into teammates that seem to be at a much lower lvl skill wise.
Saw 0-9 Catherine 0-5 just now. I died once trying to save them.

pmpgod
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spiv » January 13, 2015 2:18am | Report
Well I'm getting better had a few epic games now. But sometimes the game makes me rage so much lol any tips on taking out Taka he's 10sec super is a pain
Karma lvl 11
In jungle if i have to

Spiv
Quote | PM | +Rep by pmpgod » January 13, 2015 4:14am | Report
Spiv wrote:

Well I'm getting better had a few epic games now. But sometimes the game makes me rage so much lol any tips on taking out Taka he's 10sec super is a pain

taka is generally very squishy and can be killed quickly. Bringing a mine with you is real helpful since he has to get close to hit you. just pop one asap or hover around the mine while you are engaged in a fight. He shouldn't be able to be invisible for a few seconds after that. Flares are also useful as soon as he pops away.

pmpgod
Quote | PM | +Rep by Spiv » January 13, 2015 4:25am | Report
Thanks I'm going to have to try the mine trick, hopefully i can wipe taka a bit easier now.
Karma lvl 11
In jungle if i have to

Spiv
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 14, 2015 1:50pm | Report
In the higher rankings I'm finding that an AFK is a really harsh loss, one that has made me wish that a solution (other than just punishing the one player) would be found as 2v3 is still fine if the other team isn't too coordinated for a few minutes.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by teamsobad » January 19, 2015 8:40am | Report
just buy a flar gun if taka tried to turn invis :3 ..... pew pew pew and dead ..

teamsobad

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved