Vainglory Forums

skins cost way too much!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by rockermj » May 5, 2015 9:30pm | Report
I know skins are a premium thing, but i feel they cost WAY too much in terms of cards that need to be used. just for tier one skins we need 8 copies of four different cards. this ends up taking a LONG time because card drops are random and you will likely get a card that is not for the skin you are trying to get. from what ive seen so far you get a card about every 4 games, and because for one TIER ONE skin you need 32 cards to unlock it, this can take upwards of 150 games! not including cards that arnet for the skin you want. I think the amount of games they want you to play to get a skin is absurd and should be changed. I cant even imagine how hard tier 2 and 3 characters will be to get if this doesnt change.
ign: rockermj
smurf ign: rockermj101

rockermj
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnus0 » May 6, 2015 3:38am | Report
I agree. I think you should need 5 cards of each type to weave into a skin instead of 8. The devs said that you can buy cards with glory in future updates, so them it will probably be easier to get skins. I also think 900 ice is way too much for only one tier of one skin. I think it should be 600, maybe 400. Then a lot more people will consider buying ice.

Magnus0
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Djmikewhite » May 6, 2015 10:23am | Report
32 cards for a tier one skin? I see 3... Also I have found you are more likely to get cards for the played character, it's closer to a 66% chance of a card for your character. The rares are harder, I have 9 commons and 1 rare. But my rare is for a tier 2 glaive (which I got while playing glaive)
VAINGLORY | LEAGUE
IGN: Djmikewhite | IGN: Djmikewhite
Region: North America | Region: NA
Main Hero: Petal, Ardan, SAW | Main: Sona, Soraka, Warwick
Skill Tier: Getting There (Gold) | Ranking: Silver 4
Karma Level: 13 | Twitch: dj_mikewhite
Wins: 119 | XBONE: djmikewhite

Djmikewhite
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by rockermj » May 6, 2015 4:40pm | Report
it requires four different cards yes, but it requires 8 copies of each of those cards
ign: rockermj
smurf ign: rockermj101

rockermj
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by gfunk » May 13, 2015 9:04am | Report
I also think it's ridiculous that you need 8 of each card for one skin. Considering you get a card once every, what, 5 games? 32 cards x 5 games is 160 games, assuming you get all of the correct cards every time. More like 200+ games to get one skin.

Also, nobody wants to spend about $7 for a skin that does nothing really besides look different.I'd value that maybe at $1.

gfunk
Quote | PM | +Rep by CH4RL3S » May 13, 2015 2:44pm | Report
I disagree. I've got about 32 cards right now (27 common, 5 rare). I do play a lot, but that's still quite a few since they've only been out for a week or so. Also, a lot of us have tons of glory, which you'll be able to use for cards later. But for now getting people to chip in a little bit isn't so bad. I've had more fun with this game than most any other iOS game, paid or otherwise, so plunking down for a skin was the least I cold do. Besides, skins are purely aesthetic, so you still get to play for free with no one having an advantage because they spent money. THAT is awesome.

CH4RL3S
Quote | PM | +Rep by christo325 » August 21, 2015 4:07am | Report
I rally like vainglory and adore playing it , but there are a problem that i always wanted to be fixed and it's that vainglory heroes skins coasts too much and i really appreciate to let it be fixed thanks ;)

christo325
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » August 21, 2015 5:12am | Report
dont forget the money costs nothing to play and the developers needs also money. so its only fair if u want skin with cards u have to play a lot. patient patient patient u need. i got all my skins with cards.

Tonyy
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 21, 2015 6:01am | Report
Remember, you can cdestroy cards to create new ones. If you are lucky and pull a legendary you can get 4 blues. Never buy the bronze - they are a waste of points. Save up for the blues and destroy purples and legendaries for points. You have to grind through pack though, so I recommend saving up a bit of glory so that you can buy several in a row so you can get past all of the garbage bronze cards.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by christo325 » August 21, 2015 10:48am | Report
i bought taka and crafted all of the cards to unlock her skin but i just got bored of her and started playing with koshka i think she is great and i need to unlock one of her skins but it is so hard so please fix the problem and thanks all :)

christo325

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved