Vainglory Forums

skins cost way too much!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 21, 2015 2:11pm | Report
It isn't hard; you just need to keep patient and grind out glory to by packs. Though, make sure to by all the heroes you like first.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by exotic_e » August 23, 2015 10:22pm | Report
I play way more than I'd like to admit and just now was I able to build Adagio's first skin, after selling all the extra cards I didn't want. I'd like to think that for someone who plays/played as much as I did, I should have been able to get a few skins down. I haven't purchased any ICE, but I have purchased many cards with glory and I haven't been able to get that far. Also, to my surprise, you need to re-collect the previous cards you used to build the first skin to build the next one, which seems like an impossible task...crushed...

exotic_e
Quote | PM | +Rep by exotic_e » August 23, 2015 10:23pm | Report
Also, I had no idea Taka is female. I thought it was odd the new skin had a baby fox in the back, I was like, it's his brother? I haven't read the lores, does it say there?

exotic_e
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 24, 2015 6:35am | Report
Taka is boy
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ilass » September 14, 2015 10:07am | Report
OMG! Stop crying! It's the best game of its kind on smartphones!

It is completely free! Unlocking characters is so easy with only Glory Points. How do you expect the game to survive if everything is free?? Paying 6 to 10 dollars on a skin is Fair!!

Considern that your buying a McDonald meal! A Fat free consumable though :)

Regards!

ilass
Quote | PM | +Rep by drsarf » September 15, 2015 6:22am | Report
A good point there ilass.
Yes, you do need a lot of cards for T2 and above, but you can buy cards with both Ice AND Glory. When the skins came out, I had over 20K glory, so sent loads of that on getting cards. But I also bought some ICE and purchased a couple of skins and ICE box cards.

A couple of other things to consider:
- If less cards were needed, everyone would max out their skins so quickly, and would be left wanting more/not playing as much.
- As already mentioned; VainGlory cannot be 100% free. It's already free to play and with regular hero rotation you get to experience all of the heroes without having to spend a penny.

However, if you love the game and want to ensure it's longevity and success, buy ICE. :)

Mat

drsarf
Quote | PM | +Rep by stayradbro » September 15, 2015 11:52am | Report
With 1.8, you don't gain any glory at all. Everyone is stingy with their upvotes and abusive downvotes so everyone is never in Great Karma. Especially if you play with friends, you need upvotes to maintain your Great Karma otherwise you're getting punished for not gaining upvotes at all because you can't upvote your friends which is really ridiculous of SEMC trying to punish the toxic players with hurting the rest of the community even much more.
IGN: stayradbro
Main: Taka, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine, Fortress, Glaive

stayradbro
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » September 16, 2015 10:13pm | Report
I have tier 3 Catherine and 3 tier Ringo. I have personally spent money to also buy tier one skins for characters I like to play. But I also look at this as its a free game. The skins don't add anything but an extra look. But being that I play this game more than any other game then I can give the dev team money to continue updating the game and help them pay their rent. Just think for a second that this game doesn't have any ads. How are they making money!?

Also I think of skins in terms of "cheese burgers". How many cheese burgers do I have to not buy during my lunch break to buy this next skin. chipotle costs me about $8 every time I eat there. Could I skip that and just make myself a sandwich for lunch? Boom tier one skin.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kismutt » September 16, 2015 11:57pm | Report
Really, skins cost too much? You're playing this game for free...I don't get the complaining...the devs deserve whatever we are able to give them. I've been playing this game for a couple of months and the most I have put in is maybe $20 which is nothing if you consider what it costs to buy a game of this caliber.
If you think skins cost too much...try another moba and see what you get for $20...
This is an awesome game...try to think about what the developers have put into this game and then maybe consider paying them something for their time and effort for an amazing game!
They also support this community and listen to what we have to say...quit complaining about a free game and consider the effort put into giving this game to you...
Okay, I'm off my soapbox....thanks to the devs of Vaiglory for an awesome gaming experience no not having to shell out huge bucks to keep on playing...THANKS!!

Kismutt
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved