Vainglory Forums

Taka on free week

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » March 3, 2015 6:39pm | Report
just so we can keep other threads clear let's consolidate all incoming 'horrible Taka players' stories here for the next week since Taka is on free week now.

quick someone tell me which of the new heroes on rotation to use to build to counter Taka
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » March 3, 2015 8:36pm | Report
Catherine's shield will block both of taka's abilities & his regular attacks can't do much to her. Joule can do pretty well against him as she is naturally tanky; throw on some defense items & he's toast against her. I suppose adagio could do decent also with the right build.

But overall, definitely Catherine. Taka really doesn't stand a chance against tanky players like her.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » March 3, 2015 8:46pm | Report
If they are sooo bad, as you say, you shouldn't have trouble.
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » March 3, 2015 9:06pm | Report
BSchafer wrote:

If they are sooo bad, as you say, you shouldn't have trouble.

lol shhh don't tell anyone, but I'm actually a Taka user. I'm infiltrating the camp of people who hate Takas.
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 4, 2015 3:58am | Report
As a counter-point, had a pretty good Taka user last night. T'was Ardan (me), Joule and Taka against Adagio, Petal and Krul. We were crazy to go in all-melee, but Joule and I managed to keep the lane while Taka farmed like crazy. In the end we prevailed, mainly thanks to sticking together and flaring to gank the others: Joule jumped in, I corraled the rest and Taka bursted/went into his box/rinse/repeat. It was one of the most enjoyable matched I've had, actually. And I almost let it pass at the character selection screen! Altough I really should practise some ranged heroes...
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » March 4, 2015 7:34am | Report
with taka free i saw it a chance to practice him for future purchase but i wouldnt consider myself a bad taka ik his role ik his weaknesses ik his strengths ik his abilities and i never played him before and my first games with him i averaged about 9-14 kills and 0-4 deaths assists idk i didnt track that but the k\d ratio for my first times with taka i would say are pretty good ppl just dont know the heroes role before going in thats what makes them bad
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PhilthyPhil » March 4, 2015 11:52pm | Report
I play Taka a lot and would say I'm pretty good with him. I have my games I outright blow though. But I love when he's free if I get to use him and dominate other Taka's who don't know what to use. They follow recommendations and I destroy them. Just throw on weapon armor with a tension bow, shatter glass, and stock up with flares for when the flee. Blouses.

PhilthyPhil
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » March 5, 2015 9:11am | Report
A majority of the Takas I see are horrible, including myself...but when I get paired with a good Taka, it's devastating. Definitely a polar Hero, either stupid bad, or insanely good.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dranthule » March 5, 2015 6:05pm | Report
Played a game today, a Taka completely demolished us and carried his team with around 26 kills and maybe 2 deaths

Dranthule
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aquiday » March 9, 2015 10:57am | Report
Played a game just now as Ardan with another SAW (enemy was Taka, SAW and Adagio), with a Taka who insisted on farming despite our green pinging on the lane now and then for him to help us finish one of the other laners (they were making a spectacular job of covering each other). I could forgive that if it was a case of trying to build enough levels to demolish the enemy further on (he was the first one to reach lvl 12 when the rest of us, including enemy team, was between 8 and 10). But then we went ahead and started SPAMMING SURRENDER?! What the ****, man? The surrender got voted down, and he stood at the base while me and SAW were trying to repel the attack on the last three turrets. In the end he deigned to move, we aced and got the kraken, but the enemy team was too ahead on equipment for us to make any significant difference. Can't help but think if that annoying fox would've been more of a team player the result could've been vastly different. Oh well.
IGN: Aquiday
Main(s): Ardan, Koshka
Secondary: Catherine
Region: South America
Karma level: 13
Wins: 100+
Tier: The Hotness

"I am the Crucible and the Flare..."

Aquiday
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved