Vainglory Forums

Team play peeves

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by McPwn » January 26, 2015 10:32am | Report
DoudJr wrote:

Well, I'll defend the players who do not take the Kraken after an ace. Why ?
Well, let's say the enemies Ringo and Taka died 30 seconds before their 3rd member Catherine died. Let's say when you get the ace, Taka and Ringo only have like 10 seconds before respawning, and you lost a member too. So you're 2 to take the Kraken, with the ace buff, that's true. But with two people, you won't do it that much fast, not fast enough so that the Ringo and Taka can't steal it. If they steal it, they'll kill you because you're low on health and will lead a kraken against your lone 3rd member to defend his turrets.

That's why sometimes, it's better to not get the Kraken even with the ace buff, when you know a heroe capable of stealing the Kraken will respawn soon. It would be wiser to get a Turret and not get too much greedy

I totally agree. People honestly get Kraken-crazy. A great player will suddenly act like a noob the second the Kraken spawns. It's mind-boggling.

In addition to what others have said before this post, let me add this. Even if Kraken doesn't get sniped from you, during the Kraken fight you and/or your allies will be severely weakened, leaving yourselves open to getting picked off by any living enemy. If at least one of your heroes gets killed, the Kraken does you little good, since now you are in conflicting re-spawn cycles, which is the real endgame killer.

Also, especially don't go Kraken if there is only one enemy turret left and at least two enemy heroes are on long cool-downs. You don't need Kraken to kill half a turret, an enemy hero, and the Vain Crystal.

But most importantly, even if it seems like a bad time to go Kraken, don't abandon your team and refuse to help them try to get it. If all 3 of your team is alive and 2 of them are obviously going Kraken, GET YOUR BUTT DOWN THERE, and at least help check the bushes and ward off any potential snipers. Nothing's worse than two people showing up a the Kraken while the third person red-pings you from lane. Supporting your team to do something risky (and arguably stupid) is much better than dooming your team by refusing to help at all.

That being said... honestly, I feel the Kraken was put into the game to make sure SOMEBODY wins, but the conclusion I'm starting to reach is that if you need the Kraken to win, your team wasn't that good in the first place.

McPwn
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 26, 2015 1:37pm | Report
A new for me peeve, players who build all armor (usually Catherine). When they are on my team I've found the best option is to force our team to concede sooner than later, since eventually everyone levels enough that the defensive player no longer deals meaningful damage.

It happens often that I find an all-armor player on my team. And I have yet in my 400+ wins to notice my team managed a win with such a player.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by booyatribe » January 27, 2015 9:59am | Report
Not sure if others agree with me on this one but I would rather surrender and move to the next game than continue in a game that I know we're going to lose. Particularly when two of the players are asking for surrender and at least one of the players goes afk. VERY frustrating.
IGN: booyatribe
Region: NA
Karma level: 20
Skill Tier: "Decent-ish"
Main: Adagio
Okay: Koshka and Krull

booyatribe
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 27, 2015 12:01pm | Report
I agree with @McPwn, that the kraken is there so someone wins (assuming one team captures it). If you're pushing the lane just fine without her, then leave her be. But don't abandon your teammates if they seem intent of the kraken.

@booyatribe It can save time to surrender, but I've noticed that while I've been on the bubble of Pretty Good and The Hotness that even when it seems over, you can come from behind and win. All it takes is one great push to swing the game into your favor (although that does mean that all of your team needs to work together, which in decent-ish could be a hard thing to ask).
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by booyatribe » January 27, 2015 12:57pm | Report
wolf_hands wrote:

I agree with @McPwn, that the kraken is there so someone wins (assuming one team captures it). If you're pushing the lane just fine without her, then leave her be. But don't abandon your teammates if they seem intent of the kraken.

@booyatribe It can save time to surrender, but I've noticed that while I've been on the bubble of Pretty Good and The Hotness that even when it seems over, you can come from behind and win. All it takes is one great push to swing the game into your favor (although that does mean that all of your team needs to work together, which in decent-ish could be a hard thing to ask).

yes, teamwork is a must and lately, it seems no one is really doing it. kinda frustrating.
IGN: booyatribe
Karma level: 20
Skill Tier: "Decent-ish"
Main: Adagio
Okay: Koshka and Krull

booyatribe
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » January 28, 2015 9:02am | Report
Also, even if you Ace and they have longer respawn times, depending on how many turrets they have up, it's best to just push the Lane and not summon the Kraken. If you manage to only push 2 turrets before they kill the Kraken, you just gave their team 1500g which could put them ahead of you. I'll only down Kraken if they have 3 or fewer turrets up, if they fed us the entire game and our gear outclasses theirs by more than 1500g, or it's like the 2nd or 3rd time we've aced them - then it's obvious there's a huge skill difference and they won't be able to handle the Kraken.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » January 28, 2015 7:11pm | Report
When I'm playing Catherine and the other jungler (i think) red pings me when I go here, then red pings me when I go there, then red pings me when I go to the lane, then red pings me when I am back in the jungle.

Then I screw up and get red pinged three times.

Then at some point in the game I respawn and someone in the jungle is green pinging the kraken, but there are a bunch of minions banging on the last turret so I kill them before heading out and....you guessed it, get red pinged multiple times.

Jam your red ping where the sun don't shine. I wish it didn't exist.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » January 29, 2015 12:55pm | Report
booyatribe wrote:
    when a team is all laners or all junglers.

This doesn't happen if you don't lock in too soon.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » January 29, 2015 5:10pm | Report

This doesn't happen if you don't lock in too soon.

That's what you think. When the Koshka and Krul you thought were gonna jungle come in lane with you, it's a very sad moment. This happened to me more than I would've liked to experience.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by Devanicus » January 29, 2015 7:04pm | Report
I hate when a teammate wants to surrender as soon as the 15 minute mark hits and will just sit at the base and do nothing until we lose. It's happened to me thrice in the past two days. There should be some system after the match where we can let the developers know of inconsiderate and nonexistent team members.
IGN: Devanicus
Karma Level: 14
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Catherine
Secondary: Saw, Krul, Glaive & Skarf

Devanicus
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved