Vainglory Forums

Teams more uneven since matchmaking change?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 27, 2015 1:37pm | Report
Is it just me or has matchmaking become even more uneven?

I feel like since the update teams have been even more unfair ( I know they went for the opposite). I have only played 6 or 7 games but It has been very lopsided (although I haven't played enough to get adequate sample data) . We either win huge and I have K/D of 10-2 or 18-1 or we get wrecked and I go 8-5 or 10-6 while my teammates go 1-8 or 2-9. It kinda pisses me off because I feel like at the high ELO's (Hotness for me) no matter how well I play I can't carry and make up for bad players. So I feel like it is a 50/50 chance me being on the team with the worse player (or trying a new hero, having bad game, etc) and it is impossible for me to get past the Hotness. Even though I am almost constantly the best on my team. I know it's easy for Taka to have good K/D ratios but it is frustrating me because I feel like I am stuck at this ELO because of other bad players. I have been trying to party up but its hard to find people who are good and want to play at the same times as me.

Anybody else running into this? Maybe I just need to play more games and see if I just have had a bunch of lopsided games in a row.
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Stuffink » February 27, 2015 2:04pm | Report
I don't find it any worse that before, personally. Not that it was good before. I was in the hotness for a while but I was teamed with so many noobs that I seem to be permanently consigned to pretty good, with no hope of improvement. I guess it's pretty difficult to get the system right, but it's pretty frustrating for sure.

Stuffink
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 27, 2015 3:15pm | Report
Yeah by no means am I *****ing at the Devs. I think they have made an incredible game and listen to the community. It must be incredibly hard to balance characters and teams. Actually as I play more my games are getting a little closer. Still 50% of the time I have an idiot that thinks he can take on the whole team by himself and/or has no teammate skills. I come running in to save his *** for an even two on two and he splits for me to get my *** kicked. Or they get too extended in the lane and get wrecked over and over again. Just annoying. Because no joke everytime my team loses (at least the last 15 games) I am far and away the best on the team. So it get frustrating losing every other match at the dice of the matchmaking system.
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 27, 2015 4:40pm | Report
Yea, I get that impression as well. Been matched with some super noob tards on the same team.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kingy » February 27, 2015 10:16pm | Report
Matchmaking is cometely **** - they know this but it's not their priority ... They will never fix it and it's only going to get worse ... Since celeste came out it has got worse again .... I play in pretty good bracket and get teamed with useless players so I friend requested one and asked him what tier he is in - he replied " getting there" that's three tiers lower ... That's how much they care about solo que being fair ... No point chasing tier in this game when it's designed to make u fail

Kingy
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bertolus » February 28, 2015 11:16am | Report
Yeah, it's still ****. I just played a match as Petal on the pretty good tier with a Scarf and a Krul in my team against Scarf, Ringe, Krul. Our team was completely destroyed by the enemy because Scarf and Krul had no clue how to play. They went out 1:12 and 1:10 kills/deaths. It's impossible to win with such a poor team, even if you try like hell. Very sad. :-(

Bertolus
Quote | PM | +Rep by L1FE » February 28, 2015 5:12pm | Report
Stuffink wrote:

I don't find it any worse that before, personally. Not that it was good before. I was in the hotness for a while but I was teamed with so many noobs that I seem to be permanently consigned to pretty good, with no hope of improvement. I guess it's pretty difficult to get the system right, but it's pretty frustrating for sure.

Yup, same story here. The team pairing system is extremely ****ty, and I hope the Super Evil Megacorp cuz they have a lot of work to do... I mean seriously some of the guys I played with didn't even know how to play... I used to be in the Hotness, and now I'm in Pretty Good. What the hell, guys... This game has great potentials, and I aware of the fact that you guys are wonderful game creators.

Plus, try to improve the tutorials... They're absolute trash, in my opinion. The tutorials pretty much don't teach you anything, which is why there are lots of noobs out there.

I'm expecting more from you guys, Super Evil Megacorp.
Main: L1FE
Skill Tier: Simply Amazing
Karma Level: 17
Wins: 180+ (I don't play too much)
Region: NA

Been playing since November of 2014

L1FE
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 28, 2015 10:18pm | Report
congrats on your so called "improved matching system". The *****NG LAST 8 games I have lost because of f**** noob teammates. Thank you for degrading me from the Hotness to pretty good! Good job guys!
My average kills were 10:3, my teammaes were 0:21 or 1:14. Bravo Bravo!

Ah, and on almost every single *****ng match I had the pleasure to play with the same teammates as before. Such a pleasure! You have got a very ingenious matching system! *CLAP CLAP*

Not only that most of these goofballs seemingly startet to use Celeste (who is in my eyes a total waste and useless character) but also others who prefer to have TWO LANE characters instead of one tank or jungle player.
Also the fact that for an unknon reason, my stupid teammates could not distinguish the in game signals/pings - their interpretation of "CAUTION" or "NEED HELP" seemed like an alien like language/communication for them!

Which day do we have? The day of goofballs, trolls and mentally inchallegend people?! Jeez. I'm raging so ****in' hard now!
Game instantly deleted! Congratulations!!!!!!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bertolus » March 1, 2015 2:35am | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

I wouldn't say the system sucks.

First, you have to take into account the fact that players are going to have bad games. It happens. In simply amazing, I might have an amazing game one moment & then I'll embarass mysef the next. When a player is in the skill tier they belong in, they're going to have good & bad games; they're going to make poor decisions sometimes and great decisions other times.

Second off, if you're anything below the hotness, expect the players on your team to be clueless. It's just life. They either don't have the experience to understand some of the more complex strategies or they're just not very good. Most of the smart players wind up in the hotness+.

Last, lower tiers give you the ability to carry the team. The opposing teams usually aren't all that great and, if you play your cards right, you can make up for weak teammates. The upper tiers (hotness+) generally see less carrying but more organized, smart team play. It's a trade off.

I have an account in decent-ish & it's really not that hard. Like I said earlier, I also have an account in simply amazing; I reached the tier from solo'ing. If you're really struggling in a tier, you might need to learn how to succeed in that tier rather than ranting about teammates.

Good luck to all :-)

I've to disagree partly. You can't make up for two completely noobish teammates. If you play a squishy character, you need protection to work your way to the enemy crystal. And if you play a protective character, you need someone to stick with you and deal the damage. So either way if you teammates instantly rush towards the enemy to get themselves killed, it's game over.

Bertolus
Quote | PM | +Rep by OcelotSi » June 20, 2015 10:39pm | Report
I agee wih u absolutely. The match making is a piece of ****. Usually I won a bunch of games and then start pairing with noobs and lost a bunch... It's a cycle. There is no way of getting to the next tier and progress...
I know it's hard to create a perfect match making system but this is insanely frustrating

OcelotSi

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved