Vainglory Forums

Two in the jungle equals three in the grave

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by RavenousLife » April 5, 2015 4:06pm | Report
I know the little tip at the beginning says that you can try two hero in the jungle, but some of you guys have taken that too seriously to the detriment of the game. I have NEVER seen a game won because there are two people in the jungle, but i've seen plenty of them lost that way.

1. You don't win the game buy killing minions or getting the gold mine, you win it by killing turrets and the crystal, which you can't do in the jungle.

2. If there are two of you in the jungle, the other team will see that and send all three up to the lane to take out the one hero there and all your turrets. People are getting wise to the two in the jungle ploy and they use it to beat your team.

3. The goldmine is only worth as much as one of the turrets (300 gold) IF it is full. If you steal it five seconds after someone else got it, it's worth about 18 gold and getting fixated on it is a waste of time.

4. Even if you claim you are waiting for the Kraken, most good teams will have three or more turrets down before it even appears, so if your strategy is to hang out there, you are pretty much dead weight.

ROAM: learn to be adaptable and mobile. Your kill count isn't indicative of a winning game and having zero deaths probably means that you just didn't actually participate in the game.

RavenousLife
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 5, 2015 5:11pm | Report
No offense, but you sound like someone who can't hold the lane very well. Or, you just had an incredibly sh*tty game and needed to vent, in which case it's completely understandable.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » April 5, 2015 5:27pm | Report
. . .

1. Minion mines. Weak minions take two hits from the turret and die. Great for pushing lane, no? Jungle gives lots of gold. More gold = better items = better strength = easier to take out turrets and kill enemies for aces. You'll be waiting to take a turret early game (unless you're SAW) For probably ten minutes or more, maybe seven if all three of you are there early game.

2. If they all go into the lane. THEN YOUR TWO JUNGLERS CAN AND SHOULD TOO! Then it's 3vs3 in lane, no way should junglers ignore the lane.

3. If you secure the gold mine right away you get likely around 4/5 max payouts which basically equals the amount of turrets. Plus the more gold you have, the better the items, and the better your items the easier the game is.Plus take an enemy near the goldmine the goldminer will fight with you, so instead of 1vs1 it's basically 2vs1

4. Why would someone waste their time just waiting there? Place a mine near Kraken and have view of it 24/7.

ROAM: Depending on the amount of assists and kills, zero deaths can show you didn't do much, or it shows you carried, or should be proud of how you did that game.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RavenousLife » April 5, 2015 5:32pm | Report
Quoted:

No offense, but you sound like someone who can't hold the lane very well. Or, you just had an incredibly sh*tty game and needed to vent, in which case it's completely understandable.

You deleted your first answer?

I can hold the lane one on two, but people are catching on when you play with ****py partners that will never come up into the lane and I can't hold the lane versus three; I don't know anyone that can.

I prefer to play the lane, but I always come down into the jungle to help when called and I'm tired of jerks who won't come up into the lane when there are three people pushing against me by myself. I got saddled with the same two guys (with matching names) in back to back games and that was ultimately the reason for the rant. Worse yet? They couldn't even hold the minion mines.

I also got stuck with a Catherine that didn't leave the base the entire game; she just stayed inside and laid mines. Ultimately this rant is about people that are ****py team players in a team based game.

RavenousLife
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RavenousLife » April 5, 2015 5:39pm | Report
dream21 wrote:

. . .

1. Minion mines. Weak minions take two hits from the turret and die. Great for pushing lane, no? Jungle gives lots of gold. More gold = better items = better strength = easier to take out turrets and kill enemies for aces. You'll be waiting to take a turret early game (unless you're SAW) For probably ten minutes or more, maybe seven if all three of you are there early game.

2. If they all go into the lane. THEN YOUR TWO JUNGLERS CAN AND SHOULD TOO! Then it's 3vs3 in lane, no way should junglers ignore the lane.

3. If you secure the gold mine right away you get likely around 4/5 max payouts which basically equals the amount of turrets. Plus the more gold you have, the better the items, and the better your items the easier the game is.Plus take an enemy near the goldmine the goldminer will fight with you, so instead of 1vs1 it's basically 2vs1

4. Why would someone waste their time just waiting there? Place a mine near Kraken and have view of it 24/7.

ROAM: Depending on the amount of assists and kills, zero deaths can show you didn't do much, or it shows you carried, or should be proud of how you did that game.

I definitely agree with you on the merits of the jungle. I love playing Krull and taking advantage of these. It's when people refuse to come up and help with the rest of the game that it really chaps me.

As Saw I've gone down and placed the mine next to the kraken myself and still had guys just camp out there.

The goldmine I understand too, but when you have guys fighting back and forth for it and getting 18 gold as turrets go down, I can't really comprehend how it's a better strategy.

As Saw, I can usually take the first two turrets alone before the kraken can surface and in a good game, three. I've defeated the game with one good lane ally plenty of times even after teammates have abandoned, sometimes before the kraken comes up. Lately though, lots of newbies won't even go into the enemy base; they'll stand outside it and snipe players if they come out. Or I'll be taking out the crystal while someone is trying to get minion mines; not good team play.

RavenousLife
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 6, 2015 4:13pm | Report
RavenousLife wrote:

You deleted your first answer?

I can hold the lane one on two, but people are catching on when you play with ****py partners that will never come up into the lane and I can't hold the lane versus three; I don't know anyone that can.

I prefer to play the lane, but I always come down into the jungle to help when called and I'm tired of jerks who won't come up into the lane when there are three people pushing against me by myself. I got saddled with the same two guys (with matching names) in back to back games and that was ultimately the reason for the rant. Worse yet? They couldn't even hold the minion mines.

I also got stuck with a Catherine that didn't leave the base the entire game; she just stayed inside and laid mines. Ultimately this rant is about people that are ****py team players in a team based game.

Well the first answer was rather offensive so yea I did. My first replies on forums are usually direct and cynical, and often that isn't the most constructive way to give feedback unless someone really deserved it. Unfortunately you saw it but truth be told that's probably close to what I was really thinking when I first read your post, and even then t'was toned down.

So based on your reply I was right to edit that answer hah. Sounds like you got stuck with some shiet ignoramus players. Happens to all of us.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Sandwichuknow » April 7, 2015 6:08pm | Report
Are u in the worst skill tier bec what team dont def a 3 man push? I play lane and its not hard to stay alive and farm 1v2 and i just need two mines and boots and i wont get ganked.

Sandwichuknow
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 8, 2015 11:42am | Report
The only thing I find annoying when I lane alone is when I'm forced to go back to base to resupply, none of my teammates come to lane and defend the turrets when enemy is pushing forward with a small army of minions. Any experienced player would rush to help like its a goldmine.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » April 8, 2015 1:45pm | Report
Unfortunately, I'll have to assume you haven't played at the high skill tiers, or watched any of the livestreams that have vainglorious or pinnacle players in them.

Most high level games are won in the jungle. The lane provides safety through the turrets and, if you're getting killed a lot up there, you're definitely overextending and you aren't very good.

Yes, junglers should assist you and provide aid through ganks, but it is not their job to babysit you. A good lane player WANTS a solo lane because it allows them to level and farm quickly, eventually carrying their team.

If anything, it should be your job to run down & assist your teammates on their jungle fights.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SharpNeedle » April 13, 2015 5:29am | Report
No games actually won when bad players are playing and that is why you have been losing , cause you are not good!
1.yes games are won because of gold mine , early kills ganks and invasion , tactics and strategy and things you are a novice of!
2.oh and I have youtube and lev to back me up , you can check top matches in vainglory and vanglorious matches to see two players always start in jungle but because you don't understand what the word gank means it is not the problem of other players!
3.gold mine 300 gold to all team members 900 gold every 3 minutes to the team but since you sem don't care about the "team" you have been draining others down
4 have you heard scout traps? Those little gadgets that give vision? It keeps laner from ganks ofc you didn't!
5. So if I get what you are trying to say right you want one jungler and two laners in another meaning , you take all the gold and the other one is just standing in the bush to protect you while the third jungler get harassed by enemy team?
6.junglers clear the jungle then make either a gank in lane or a jungle invasion , in that time laners should stand their ground against ganks
I am so sick of people who think they are losing while they are soooo good well guess what if you were good you wouldn't have lost!

SharpNeedle

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved