Vainglory Forums

Two in the jungle equals three in the grave

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by urweaka » April 15, 2015 9:08am | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

Unfortunately, I'll have to assume you haven't played at the high skill tiers, or watched any of the livestreams that have vainglorious or pinnacle players in them.

Most high level games are won in the jungle. The lane provides safety through the turrets and, if you're getting killed a lot up there, you're definitely overextending and you aren't very good.

Yes, junglers should assist you and provide aid through ganks, but it is not their job to babysit you. A good lane player WANTS a solo lane because it allows them to level and farm quickly, eventually carrying their team.

If anything, it should be your job to run down & assist your teammates on their jungle fights.

agreed here. In most games, there will be a back and forth between helping in the lane and in the jungle. Always looking at the mini-map to see who needs help is definitely key.

Through most competitive battles I find myself pushing the lane as a jungler because the opposing team usually rushes lane to defeat the turrets. Other games I'd need help in the jungle because they have two junglers and rush right when the game starts.

There's many different play styles and not 1 will get you the win every time.

urweaka
Quote | PM | +Rep by RavenousLife » April 23, 2015 8:43pm | Report
I'm "pretty good" and I prefer to lane alone, but the most recent trend is for there to be a lot of people in the lane and only some selfish noobs in the jungle that don't come up when I need to resupply. A good player is versatile and knows what is happening around them.

It's always the people that are selfish that want to surrender or who don't leave the base to avoid being killed and still not get penalized for abandoning.

As long as we are making assumptions here, I'll assume all of you jungle fanatics who are saying I must be low level are probably low level players with no versatility at all.

I watch the lifestream games and the single best thing about the pinnacle of awesome players is their understanding of the game and the versatility!!

RavenousLife
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ksoros » May 7, 2015 8:08am | Report
I thought I would learn a bit of strategy, but I found more than a bit, as well as, keen tactics, humility & humor. Thx, Mates.

Happy hunting to all.

ksoros
Quote | PM | +Rep by Red Privateer » May 9, 2015 10:19pm | Report
I agree -- the Jungle is a distraction, and it is important to play it that way.

1 -- Never choose Munion Mines over Turrets. Turrets stand between you and the Vain. Munion Mines do not.

2 -- Don't attack the Gold Mine unless you know where your opponents are and (1) they are far, far away (i.e. dead) or (2) distracted by the rest of your team.

3 -- If you have Krul on your team, leave Krul to range freely in the Jungle. Krull is GREAT at close-in fighting, but stand off attacks are what you need in the Lane. Krull is eaten up there in the beginning and middle of the game. Taka and Koshka should only sporadically venture in to the Jungle, but should support the Laner primarily

4 -- OTOH if you have Glaive and Krul on your team let them ravage the Jungle and pop up in to the lane (your Laner should stick close to a turret and draw the opponent in to attacking you so the turret will target them.)

Two good laners should at the very least be able to hold the lane. Either the opponent (1) puts one or no player in the lane and you kill munions and turrets; (2) puts two players in the land and you do as well as you play or (3) puts three players in the lane and you use the turret as your third man. Two people in the lane requires the pair to seek out the opponent under uncertain circumstances. Neither levels up or accrues gold terribly quickly and the laner will get overrun. #BadIdea

Just my two bits.

Red Privateer
Quote | PM | +Rep by BurritoElTaco » June 16, 2015 8:43pm | Report
It's this awesome little thing clled roaming maybe try it some time?

BurritoElTaco

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved