Vainglory Forums

Why Should I be Penalized for not selecting?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yort_969 » February 5, 2016 5:53pm | Report
At first I thought it was a great idea to penalize those who did not select a hero during character select, but oh how wrong I was.

After playing this game for well over a year I know that there are certain combos that do NOT work well together like Ringo/Taka because both will leave you high and dry in the middle of a fight.

If I don't like the players that others pick and lock, why penalize me for trying not to go into a no win match?

Yort_969
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 5, 2016 7:44pm | Report
Well people get pissed when people don't lock in after formally selecting stuff. Sure sometimes you know you should wait it out like if I see a saw I usually just avoid them for obvisious reasons but to be honest if you want action tell me one way the developers can make a system to figure out who shouldn't be punished. It's harder then it sounds to be a developer. My point is unless you can think of a reason how the devs could implement a way to stop something like this, you should just cut the **** by either taking your one minute ban and playing out the next game or just playing with other people.

Besides your opinion isn't going to be noted by a developer here as it's a fan made site so if you do want it to be noted go and contact the devs at there website.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » February 6, 2016 2:01am | Report
Dude for God's sake, stop this FAN MADE SITE STUFF, everyone knows this is not a developer site,all we are trying to say is that when u win like 10 solos in a row, the game should be smart enough to not put u with Insta-lock, bad wifi or all the lol signalling people, like it can simply match u with guys who recently won more than they've lost.
The pings and smiley faces after an intentional suicide mission should get to karma system automatically since I thumb trolls down with intentional losing. If not They can win again a couple of times and make everything alright as it was before.
And I think most of the people who are posting about bad teammates in here are after a way to fix it themselves like getting better or something, otherwise I think who plays this game is smart enough to talk some serious **** only with developers (and hear some sorry words:).If IraqiZorro manages to go all solo q to vaingloryous why can't we?
My point is just help each other by giving tips and avoid calling the dev team and (beside going a full team match) to let us learn how to win a game with an afk (even two:)

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » February 6, 2016 2:56am | Report
Unfortunately, the game doesn't keep a track record in game, and all this depends on the players in-game to down-vote, or up-vote your teammates/enemies. Toxic behaviour can't be assessed through a technical filter, and that's how it has been for every other MOBA. You can't assess every player based on their previous games too, because there is no way of knowing what they did. With that said, posting it here won't make it better, regardless of how fed up you are, since the advice given by other players is always the same.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 6, 2016 1:13pm | Report
Frantik wrote:

Dude for God's sake, stop this FAN MADE SITE STUFF, everyone knows this is not a developer site,all we are trying to say is that when u win like 10 solos in a row, the game should be smart enough to not put u with Insta-lock, bad wifi or all the lol signalling people, like it can simply match u with guys who recently won more than they've lost.
The pings and smiley faces after an intentional suicide mission should get to karma system automatically since I thumb trolls down with intentional losing. If not They can win again a couple of times and make everything alright as it was before.
And I think most of the people who are posting about bad teammates in here are after a way to fix it themselves like getting better or something, otherwise I think who plays this game is smart enough to talk some serious **** only with developers (and hear some sorry words:).If IraqiZorro manages to go all solo q to vaingloryous why can't we?
My point is just help each other by giving tips and avoid calling the dev team and (beside going a full team match) to let us learn how to win a game with an afk (even two:)

I say that multiple times because I assume that you don't know that. Now that I know you guys know that, it tells me you have even worse problems, that problem being you waste good amounts of time ranting on about your own problems while you could be trying to fix your own problem which extends your time of rage and your problem. As for the solo queue thing, someone who has made it to vain glorious before should very well be able to clean up through the ranks with ease to get back there as they vs idiots every single match. The fact you think you can duplicate that process is the stupidest sht I've ever heard.

If you lose a match of solo queue ranked from a bad team mate obvisiously your going to be butt hurt but the truth is the next matches will only be worse as your salt/anger will make you make bad discussions without you even noticing. You wanna know my tip and obvisious winner to solo queue if you get salty from a match stfu take a break and come back in 30 to a hour or so and try again. You can't win matches of solo queue without a calm stable attitude ands it only proof that I'm write when you lose 10 times in a row.

Besides why would you be looking for a way to fix it and then waste your time telling VGF your problems if you know it's a fan made site. We have just as much power as a person for suggestions towards the devs as you do. If you really want to talk seriously towards them or even bring it up they'll hit you with multiple multiple reasons while it's not fixable. My point of that is that is why we bring up the same boring advice towards you guys.

My only tip towards carrying afks or two....... Get seriously better at the game. I'm serious if you get better and learn important mechanics you think you know but don't or you don't know at all legitimately you can just 2 v 3 away. Done it multiple times before.

You should expect losses and get over them it's natural and it happens to everyone. All you have to do is get back up and try again..................... After your break of course.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » February 6, 2016 2:37pm | Report
Frantik wrote:

Can someone translate this?
Well I atleast understood the first part and to that I would say no.
A while back ago I was almost carried all the way through PG, short just 1 match from breaking into Hotness, so winning games in general and especially such a small sample size is a poor criteria to go by to avoid matching you against nuisance players such as trolls and deserters. Besides the ingame tips and developers claim there is already such a system in place, you already know "Karma", whether it is harsh enough to your liking I doubt the developers really care. I assume they've found a comfortable set of parameters to work with people who get into "poor" and "bad" karma categories where it isn't so strict that it punishes them for 1 or 2 mishaps, it should allow players to redeem themselves and climb out of the bad karma pit yet at the same time it should weed out those with chronically poor sportsmanship.
Also, from time to time, ESPECIALLY if you win 10 solos in a row, you want to be matched with lower ELO teammates against higher ELO opponents, you will be awarded with more ELO rating should you win such a match and I believe the game already works this way to quickly get smurfs out of the lower tiers where they can unfairly obliterate the unfortunate less experienced players.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » February 6, 2016 3:00pm | Report
Make urself a cup of tea,go to mobcrush.com and look for IraqiZorro, and watch how he goes all solo ranked. He can play and win the most IMPOSSIBLE Matches with the worst teammates.
I'm not going to ask suggestions now that I know u don'tI know any special tip about how to work it out with everyone in solo but just notice it is possible.In fact I can give u some of it like u have to adapt urself as roam skye when u see there are two cp people in both lane and jungle. Or prepare for the afk and carry the game to victory.These are called tips if u haven't heard of it.

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 6, 2016 3:17pm | Report
Yeah halcius it is a little hard to understand him isn't it?

Anyway Frantik the only reason Iraqi could do that is because he has that kind of knowledge and skill of the game and I'll say this again it's stupid you think you can duplicate that process. Getting to vain glorious level of skill can take months, it's the fact he has already reached that level that he can carry at a high standard to get to a appropriate level where he doesn't need to carry that drastically as his team mates and opponents get more skilled. If Iraqi is a vain glorious player then he plays at that highly skilled play there for it doesn't matter if he loses both his team mates to afk when doing solo queue on a new account because that usually only happens on low elo so his opponents will be just as bad and he'll just clean up easily.

At his first time getting to vain glorious it would've taken a long long period of time but once he's reached that skill level he's never going to lose that level of play. So stop using him as a example of how he can solo queue.

If you wanna get that good, you'll be playing vain glory for a long time practicing.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » February 6, 2016 4:14pm | Report
http://s2.postimg.org/mogbzkwy1/Screenshot_2016_02_07_03_38_33.jpg
http://s2.postimg.org/z1t66hmmh/Screenshot_2016_02_06_07_34_49.jpg
Just think of me as an alien from the space interested in vg.

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 6, 2016 4:53pm | Report
You would think someone at the hotness would be over his rank troubles by now, but no. For the record I have seen many stupid people playing at the hotness level. Rank usually can't prove how good you are. In fact to be honest the hotness is toxicest rank I've seen so far. Anyway hopefully your not one of "those" people.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved