Vainglory Forums

Why so many non-tanking Catherine's lately?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by EXXCLUSIVE » October 29, 2015 4:35pm | Report
But even with that being said as far as locking into the particular role to show the role being played is more or less an excuse. Remember we built habits that revolve around the game itself with the roles being fixed on the heroes. Who is to say that Ringo can only lane or glaive can only jungle? Thinking outside the box is a challenge for some and thinking outside your comfort zone to adapt to your team especially when playing with randoms is a bother because again we are stuck in habits. If you see a Catherine you most immediately identify as support which in most cases depends on you paying close attention to the scoreboard and builds. I don't get why people complain alot about others and not take ownership for themselves. We are all humans and no two humans are alike. Our thoughts and perceptions will always be different. Those that take risks will learn through experience and those that are stuck in a box will only dwell on what they know. Learn to adapt and challenge yourself if you want to make it to high level competition. Surprisingly to say that we all know quite a bit about the game and we should focus on making this a positive and rewarding experience. Help others and focus on challenging yourself, teams and guilds. It will only get better when you flow like water to adapt to situations.....

Sorry if I talk alot but stop complaining and adapt to circumstances........

Exxclusive
MY IGN - EXXCLUSIVE

GUILD: SENTINEL DRAGONS
TEAM: SENTINEL DRAGONS DYNASTY RED

RANK - Doesn't matter when it is Skill that counts

EXXCLUSIVE
Notable (14)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 29, 2015 5:59pm | Report
I still think non-tank Catherine is a really strong build. Here is what I buy:

Fountain of Renewal
Warhorn or Contraption
Boots along the way
Situational Item(Atlas Pauldron, Bonesaw, Crucible, Shiversteel, etc.)
Clockwork
Aftershock

If I need two situational items for say an Adagio and a Krul, I would take out the Aftershock.
If I don't need a situational item, I build Breaking Point last. With the Fountain of Renewal and situational item(besides bonesaw) I become tanky-ish. The warhorn or contraption allows me to deal damage to Turrets. Clockwork makes me even tankier because of the shield, and aftershock makes my stun deadly.

With a crystal infusion, the bubble reflects so much damage and the stun chips off a bunch of health. Catherine doesn't need to go full tank because she has her bubble.

She's really strong right now(people want to support just to play her) so I think she might get nerfed. :(
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » November 3, 2015 11:19pm | Report
I'm sorry, but just saying adapt to the new play style is not a good response in my opinion. In my experience, both trying the aggressive builds and playing with people using them, they don't generally go well. At all. I just finished a game with TWO "supports" going for aggressive builds. All they succeeded in doing was starving me of gold (CP Ringo in the lane) which meant I couldn't build quick enough, or level up fast enough. I ended up with the lowest gold total on my team. Seriously? These guys would blow through the jungle minions super quick and be up in the lane taking every minion in sight, then running off. How do you adapt to that? Tank Ringo still gets melted quick by a full powered life steal Saw.

IF it was working more often, I would be more than happy to adapt. There have been a couple of occasions where the Catherine has carried and I've built more defense to play a more support type role for her. However, 9/10 of the matches I've played with an aggressive support character, all they've succeeded in doing is slowing down one, or both of the carries and ultimately losing us the game.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KuntFu » November 5, 2015 3:47am | Report
Veneticius wrote:

I still think non-tank Catherine is a really strong build. Here is what I buy:

Fountain of Renewal
Warhorn or Contraption
Boots along the way
Situational Item(Atlas Pauldron, Bonesaw, Crucible, Shiversteel, etc.)
Clockwork
Aftershock

If I need two situational items for say an Adagio and a Krul, I would take out the Aftershock.
If I don't need a situational item, I build Breaking Point last. With the Fountain of Renewal and situational item(besides bonesaw) I become tanky-ish. The warhorn or contraption allows me to deal damage to Turrets. Clockwork makes me even tankier because of the shield, and aftershock makes my stun deadly.

With a crystal infusion, the bubble reflects so much damage and the stun chips off a bunch of health. Catherine doesn't need to go full tank because she has her bubble.

She's really strong right now(people want to support just to play her) so I think she might get nerfed. :(

That's basically the tank build. Lmao.

KuntFu
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » November 9, 2015 11:54am | Report
By aggressive builds, I mean, Aftershock, Eve of Harvest, and Clockwork, with Travel/Journey Boots, either a Warhorn, or Contraption and either a Fountain of Renewal, or a Shiversteel. That's a lot of gold! That's gold that has to be taken from one, or typically both of the carries and usually slows both carries from leveling up, as an added bonus. If I KNEW that was the intended build, I would go a true support and happily feed. But encountering this blind is tough to adjust to. It typically doesn't become obvious what's going on until like level 5, or 6. By then, you've already invested a lot in your own build and don't have the space, or time to change your build dramatically.

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » November 9, 2015 12:09pm | Report
KuntFu wrote:

That's basically the tank build. Lmao.

Seriously? Lol my bad
I still think it can be agressive though
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved