Vainglory Forums

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 17, 2015 4:41pm | Report
Awesome, always wanted to watch someone try out my main with my build.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cosmo » December 17, 2015 10:53pm | Report
Let me know what other builds you want me to try out as well :)

Cosmo
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cosmo » December 18, 2015 6:45pm | Report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05wE3sFlj4 NEW VIDEO IS UP. Couldve been better though :P

Cosmo
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » December 19, 2015 10:34am | Report
uncrudable wrote:

Plz play Glaive :D. Try out mah build. Boots. Breaking point. Bonesaw. 3 defences.

As the video shows this build is super situational. Ardan built atlas which shut down Glaive real fast. Also you should try to outlast a Krul unless you are Criting him.
His Hero Perk:
“Glaive's critical strikes cleave in a cone in front of him.”
So why wouldn’t you build a sorrow blade and a tyrants monocle? Or even tornado trigger since it gives you crit chance? I never understood builds like these. The default critcal damage for all heroes is 150% of your normal damage. If you aren’t strong you are going to have a pretty weak critical hit.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 19, 2015 12:00pm | Report
My build is absolutlely fine and I've brought down a skill tier 8 team with a krul with this build. It's not situational whatsoever and there where numbers of mistakes throughout the video. The build is focused on being tanky as possible with breaking points damage being viable. The build doesn't work for everyone obvisiously and requires a lot of practice to maintain in all situations.

I do like that Sorrowblade Crit chance build but the problem is, what's the point of it if your not even alive for 5 seconds of the fight. With one defensive slot you'll get melted if focused and it makes Glaive really a glass cannon, while in my opinion he should be really tanky and be able to outlast fights. With your sorrow Crit build you'll never be able to outlast a krul, that'll never happen, your way to squishy, have no BP and all you damage will be regained by Krul.

That build isn't exactly not situational too. My build is weak at the start of fights so you really should've focused on getting your stacks up on a laner which you have isolated from there group.

Cosmo made mistakes and it wasn't my favourite way to showcase my unique build, my way of thinking and General playstyle. So before you start downsizing a build because of one bad match get some experience with this build, play with it maybe and do your research.

Your Crit chance will rise as you get stacks of BP. Default weapon power and critical damage will also rise. This will do more damage then your build once you've got some stacks up and it'll be 3x more tanky result.

This build is situational, if you haven't practiced it.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cosmo » December 19, 2015 3:04pm | Report
Please calm down guys, just calm discussion would be nice :) I definitely made mistakes with Glaive and should've probably tried to target their most squishiest hero first. But with Krul, its just very hard to outlast him in a 1v1 fight. It's a tanky build for sure, and I would definitely need a lot more practice with this build to get it right!

As for Sorrowblade and Tyrant's monocle, it would help for sure with Glaive's perk but then you'd have to add Tornado Trigger or BP to help it out plus boots and 1 defence. I've tried this before and it worked out about 1/2 the time - but that's probably because I'm just not good with Glaive.

If you guys would upload videos to youtube, please link here so I can watch :) I would definitely want to watch other players other than vgrumblysuperset or bentimm :D

Cosmo
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » December 19, 2015 4:32pm | Report
uncrudable wrote:

My build is absolutlely fine and I've brought down a skill tier 8 team with a krul with this build. It's not situational whatsoever and there where numbers of mistakes throughout the video. The build is focused on being tanky as possible with breaking points damage being viable. The build doesn't work for everyone obvisiously and requires a lot of practice to maintain in all situations.

Before going on the defensive take a look at the stats. If that build works for you, fine! But that’s what “situational” means. Even if mistakes were made that build is super easy to counter. One Atlas Pauldron will cut your attack speed in half which is the only thing you built for. You are basically waiting for the effect to wear off. If you do Crit (which again, is what Glaive is built for) you’ll only be doing 150% of 30+ whatever stacks you have. If the enemy steps back behind a turret your stacks will drop leaving you weak again.

uncrudable wrote:

I do like that Sorrowblade Crit chance build but the problem is, what's the point of it if your not even alive for 5 seconds of the fight. With one defensive slot you'll get melted if focused and it makes Glaive really a glass cannon, while in my opinion he should be really tanky and be able to outlast fights. With your sorrow Crit build you'll never be able to outlast a krul, that'll never happen, your way to squishy, have no BP and all you damage will be regained by Krul.

I have no idea what this meant. If you want to buy defensive items go ahead. Didn’t say you have to go all WP. I’m saying with your build you are avoiding what makes Glavie so awesome which are his Crits. Instead of hitting one enemy, every time he Crits he hits everything in front of him. It would be like going WP with Celeste. Yes, it can work but why would you neglect or counter build what the character excels at? With your build you want to outlast Krul. With a SB and TM you will smash through a Krul and also take half his teammates out.

uncrudable wrote:

That build isn't exactly not situational too. My build is weak at the start of fights so you really should've focused on getting your stacks up on a laner which you have isolated from there group.

I see what you are going for here but a skilled laner is not going to let you isolate them. But let’s say you do isolate the laner because you guys caught him in a great Gank, to reach 150wp (Sorrow Blade) in stacks you’d have to hit the target 10 times.

Keep sticking with that build. I am just saying you aren't going to see anyone good using it.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 19, 2015 5:08pm | Report
Your first point: your missing out on the utility and tankyness of this build, a Shiversteel will make slow someone so hard, you'll get your stacks so easily it won't even matter if they try and make a run for the turret, they won't make it and why would you start a engagement right next to a turret, when the jungle is a much better placement for engaging the enemy team. Also your support can use a thing called "crucible", ever heard of it? That'll get rid of atlas if timed right, which is your supports job and if not, it's then yours. Atlas Pauldron isn't the hardest thing to block. It has the weird wind up thing before it's released which is plenty of time to reflex block away.

Your second point: It made perfect sense and I have no idea why you didn't get that. Anyway moving on, I'm saying you need defence to accomplish Glaive that Glaive. You would need to go Sorrowblade, Tyrants and a Bonesaw, with defence. It makes a tanky jungler not as tanky as he should be (in my opinion) yes it'll be viable enough but I much more easily pull off a tankier Glaive. Glaive can excel so much with breaking point, because he has the highest health in game which sets him up with some huge BP potential and no a TM and a SB will not smash through a krul because any good Krul will be completely defensive with a breaking point and he'll do much more damage with his abilities and gain his health back in the process and take the beating in the process allowing him to get BP Stacks which will destroy you cuz you don't have one. If you did you'd get wrekt cuz you'd get melted with only one slot for defence, in order to do damage with a BP, if he had armour which he probably will you'll need that Bonesaw and your other core items "Sorrowblade and tyrants monocol". So yes my build has more of a chance, if you focus a laner, they'll run allowing you to get stacks and they can't kite because Shiversteel. No I'm not avoiding at what Glaive excels at, I'm just excelling at it later on in the fight with a utility tanky play style.

Your third point: Yes you can isolate a laner, groups get split up all the time, if you make a laner run, then you Shiversteel them and there screwed. If you don't want to do that just afterburn them towards your team and they'll get melted by your team and there won't be a need to isolate them.

Implying I'm bad because I use a different play style then yours, is a little over the top...... All I'm saying is just because there's a different point of valid view you don't need to say it's **** before even using this is a real match or seeing anyone use it what so ever. So before you say a build is ****. Do some research or think deeper so people like me don't have to waste all this time to prove a point.

This isn't the only breaking point build I use, I switch it depending on the team I vs. one that you may enjoy, (if you actually play it and don't give it a chance because of stats) is "tension bow, tornado trigger, Bonesaw and breaking point"

(I'm stupid with coding and dumbly enough don't know how to use the quote system so I had to use this ****ty point system for it to make sense)

- If your lazy enough not to read this, go back and read it -

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » December 19, 2015 6:03pm | Report
So:

I think the best Glaive build is the one that fits your playstyle.

If you want to dish out massive amounts of damage quickly and consistently, pick SexyMonkeyKing's build. The downside is that it costs a LOT of gold, so if you don't get enough, it's going to be rough.

If you want a lower cost build you should use uncrudable's build. Breaking Point doesn't cost much, and neither do Defensive items. The downside for this build is that you have to survive long enough until you can start to dish out damage. If you make it that far, you'll be rewarded with more damage per second.

That's all I have to say on this because I just read all of your posts and I don't remember anything at all
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 19, 2015 6:05pm | Report
K that's a fair enough conclusion, to say no build is better then the other.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved