Vainglory Forums

Advice!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by LunaticDG » September 9, 2016 11:40am | Report
Hey everyone

I'm very new to this game and fell in love already enjoying it so much and want to improve as fast as I can. I have a few questions that I would love to be answered if possible.

1. Best tablet to play on, What do the pro's use? (I have a ipad mini 2)
2. Best way to improve?
3. Does the game have many events and online tournys?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I'm enjoying it soo much I would like to improve and maybe play this at a competitive level.

LunaticDG
Quote | PM | +Rep by snoopster » September 9, 2016 1:35pm | Report
im no expert but an ipad mini 2 will work great. a good way to improve is to pick just 1 or 2 heroes that your interested in (i recommend watching a recent pro match and picking heroes that stood out to you) and then just binge play those 2 hereos and get really good with them. this game doesnt have a lot of events, only once per season and thats for the pros remember that this games is best once you reach ranked, which you wont be able to unlock unless you have 8 hereos i believe so save you glory and buy cheap heroes

snoopster
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » September 11, 2016 4:54pm | Report
Best way to improve? Play people that are better then you, it makes it easier to see your mistakes.

Play enough to get 8000 glory, it Will mean you have played many heros and by then you should have picked one out that you like

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LunaticDG » September 12, 2016 12:50am | Report
Cheers for the reply guys much appreciated! Isit worth new players trying to make it on the competitive scene? Will be playing alot this week. Lane role is by far my favourite and what iam better at! Just need more heroes lol!

LunaticDG
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » September 12, 2016 5:24am | Report
Try picking a hero that is easy to play. Once you get the hang of how the hero works, play with people who are better than you and start to learn how to game flows etc. It would be even better to have someone who can communicate to you via voice (skype, discord) so that you can learn faster.

I wouldn't really suggest playing competitive yet as you might ruin the experience for others (no offense, but true). I'm also a lane main, and your role as a laner is really important.

Some heroes you can pick up: Ringo, Celeste, and Skaarf (although Skaarf is nerfed in the current meta)

As you become better, learn to play heroes that are in-the-meta, you will win games.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LunaticDG » September 12, 2016 6:06am | Report
Yeah mate i did mean practice before taking the next step up! Do you have skype or discord so i could pick your brain on how to Lane properly?

LunaticDG
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 13, 2016 9:22am | Report
1. Best tablet to play on, What do the pro's use? (I have a ipad mini 2) - I also use the iPad mini 2. Most people tend to stick with what they start the game on. If you ever watch the championships on twitch you'll see the pros use what they are comfortable with. Some prefer a phone, while others use massive iPads. Use what you got, you'll adapt.

2. Best way to improve? - Well, I will refrain from the typical "practice" answer.
1) Twitch is a great place to learn because you can watch people play, and ask them why they did something (results may vary on responses).
2) Battle Royale is great for learning character mechanics to figure out which you can use best. Sometimes when new to a game, perhaps even when you aren't new, you are drawn to a character for whatever reason (they look cool), but the reality is that character doesn't fit your natural play style. Battle Royale picks your character for you and pulls you from your "choice" and makes you play a character. That being said, don't concentrate on builds while playing Battle Royale, because Ranked builds are very different from BR builds.
3) Read. Learn as much as you can. This site is a gem for knowledge. Sometimes you have to sift to through the many guides to find one that you understand/helps. A lot of people put in a lot of time to share their knowledge here, use it, but also don't take it as gospel. I can tell you personally, putting together one of my guides on this site has taken me anywhere from 4-8 hours for the initial release, and then weeks of additions and tinkering to get it complete. Not everyone puts that much into their builds, I admit mine can be a bit of overkill. But read, seek information
4) Stop worrying about what the pros do and just worry about playing and having fun. The pros got that way by practicing and figuring out what works best for them. Plus especially when you are starting out your matches will be vastly different than what a pro match looks like.

3. Does the game have many events and online tournys? - Follow Vainglory on twitter and twitch and you'll get all of those updates. Also nothing says you can't organize your own.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LunaticDG » September 14, 2016 2:37am | Report
Mate this really helps than you very much! Can you add me on the game we could play abit if possible.

LunaticDG
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » September 14, 2016 9:11pm | Report
Send me a request my IGN is my user name here. You can also catch me on twitch most night around 7pm MST
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by seventia » September 16, 2016 10:15am | Report
Best way to get good is simply to put in a lot of hours. I have played 2-3 hours per night for the last 2 months :p Also learn your role for each character so you will fit in well whoever you play with. AND DON'T STEAL HEALING CREEPS haha ;)

seventia

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved