Vainglory Forums

Learning the game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jpemboiv » December 22, 2016 11:44pm | Report
Hey guys I've been playing for a while, but recently got serious into learning how to be good at it! So I have a couple of questions for you:
1. I'm trying to figure out how best to learn which items compliment certain heros, as well as how to counter build your hero against the other team. Do you guys just memorize all the items or what?!?
2. I play Catherine a lot, and as a roam, i know I should be in charge of vision. How do you master that concept? What tips and tricks do you use to make sure you can see the enemy? And how do you use that info to help your team?
I think that's mostly it, I'll be back with more questions I'm sure!
Thanks guys!
jpemboiv
VG user: jpemboiv
Main: Catherine, Still learning, friend me and we can play!

Jpemboiv
Quote | PM | +Rep by ilass » December 23, 2016 12:37am | Report
The best tip i can give you, is to watch live games on twitch.
And once you catch some tips, try them by playing.

ilass
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSikness » December 23, 2016 8:26am | Report
Counter building is fairly easy but can come down to who you think will give you most trouble. If the other team is half Weapon builds and half Crystal you have to make a decision on who poses the highest threat. for example, if I am in the Lane and the other team's Lane person is building crystal I will get a shield item usually from the get go. You have to keep track of the other teams builds as the game progresses. That was a very basic example but the more you play the better you will get at it. Sometime it is easy to pick defense items because some heroes will always be one type of build. I.e. Celeste always crystal so you can build Aegis in long term against her. But again keep in mind the biggest threat. If the Celeste you are playing against is not that good then maybe you need to counter build against their jungler.

Offense is kind of the same mindset. If they are building shields you might need something like Broken Myth if you are a crystal build. My best advice is to at the very least understand your role and be patient. If you are in the lane be patient. you don't have to rush to destroy the turret. Get a feel of how the other team is playing and adjust. You won't be any use if you die quickly from trying to push too early. Granted these are just general tips. Each game can be different as you know.

TheSikness
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » December 31, 2016 11:15am | Report
What you build depends on your position. For example, if you are roam, you will likely build team items. But it'll also depend on your hero. After a while, you just let your fingers do the work. I don't even think anymore when I but items. My finger just goes to the scoreboard, then the shop, and it'll buy the correct items.
You should stick with 3 heroes first. Find out what fits them best. You should memorize their builds.
As for counter building, that depends. If the enemy team is building CP, you should build shield. If they are building WP, build armor. You're roam should mainly be the one building defense though.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » January 2, 2017 9:22pm | Report
The Captain should mainly build items that can benefit the whole team, along with some pure tank items and a Contraption. Put scout traps in places where your enemies probably won't trigger them so you have vision of them and them brush. Helpful tip on flares and scout traps, the center of them has to be inside the brush for you to see the whole brush, regardless of where the rest of the scout trap/flare is. Finally, the best items to get first as a roamer usually are Foutain of Renewal, Contraption, and Atlas Pauldron.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved