Vainglory Forums

Grumpjaw Abilities & Splash Art Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » February 16, 2017 7:06am | Report

Grumpjaw is a durable fighter, able to last in battles while maintaining stacks of his Living Armor through basic attacks. Grumpjaw can charge headlong into a fight, heavily damaging and slowing enemies at the end of his charge. Once he breaks through enemy lines, Grumpjaw can easily turn the tides of battle by devouring one of his enemies and briefly removing them from the fight.

Read on for Grumpjaw’s abilities…

Hero Abilities

Living Armor - (Heroic Perk)

Grumpjaw’s hardened carapace grants him increased defenses. Every few seconds and every time he basic attacks, he gains a stack of Living Armor, up to a maximum of 5 stacks. Each stack grants bonus Armor and Shield. Enemies can remove stacks of Living Armor by dealing damage to Grumpjaw. He loses one stack per second while taking damage from basic attacks and abilities.

Grumpy - (A)

Grumpjaw charges to a target location, dealing crystal damage and slowing enemies in an area upon reaching his destination. Grumpjaw deals bonus damage for each stack of Living Armor.

Hangry - (B)

Grumpjaw leaps toward his target and attacks them. Afterward, he gains bonus weapon damage and attack speed for several seconds.

Stuffed - (C)

Grumpjaw lunges forward, grabbing the first enemy hero in his path and devouring them whole. While the enemy is inside Grumpjaw’s belly, they are unable to move or act and their vision range is reduced to zero. After a few seconds, Grumpjaw will spit the enemy out in the direction he is facing. Grumpjaw can reactivate the ability to spit the enemy out early in a direction of his choice. If Grumpjaw is stunned, killed, or otherwise interrupted while eating, he will release his victim early.

Video Teasers

Want to see more of Grumpjaw? Check out the video below of this new hero:

Keep an eye on the in-game News section for more Grumpjaw info and guides. Grumpjaw will hit the Halcyon Fold in Update 2.2!
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » February 16, 2017 11:10am | Report
Yes! Finally! A new hero!
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » February 16, 2017 12:34pm | Report
He's going to be the Tahm Kench of Vainglory. He looks like he's going to be so trolly! I'm wondering if he can recall with an enemy swallowed though... Probably only if the ult lasts 5.5 seconds maxed.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » February 16, 2017 1:13pm | Report
Though I'm personally not terribly excited for this guy, I am interested to see how he'll fit into the game.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lattethunda » February 17, 2017 1:40pm | Report
Sounds like an awesome hero. Can't wait now that I've seen him, dang it Dash!
-Lattethunda-

Lattethunda
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 17, 2017 2:25pm | Report
He's... Interesting... I don't really like him though because he doesn't seem like a hero that will fit into Vainglory...

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 21, 2017 1:10pm | Report
Wonder if he might bring a character imbalance.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » February 21, 2017 2:39pm | Report
This game is losing ideas this is baicly tamn kench from lol(league of legends)also the passive is bad he seems more like a roam since of that passive and his ult
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved