Vainglory Forums

Update 1.1.5 Highlights

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 9, 2014 1:26pm | Report

New Hero: Skaarf
Skaarf is a little flamethrower who thrives at dealing long-range and area-of-effect damage, especially during teamfights.

Fan the Flames
Slot: Heroic Perk

Skaarf's abilities burn targets and his basic attacks deal bonus crystal damage to burning targets.
  • Burn: 12-34 (level 1-12) (+15% crystal power) damage per second for 4s.
  • Basic attacks: 2.5% of the target's max health as crystal damage.
  • Deals reduced damage to Mythic Creatures and structures.

Spitfire
Slot: A

Skaarf spits a fireball that collides with the first hero, structure or boss monster it hits.
  • The fireball damages & passes through smaller minions.
  • Each time it passes through a unit, its damage is reduced to 85% of before.
  • Deals 50% less damage damage to minions.

Goop
Slot: B

Skaarf hurls a goop onto the target location. Enemies walking through the sticky substance are slowed. Any of Skaarf's flames will ignite the puddle, dealing burst damage and burning enemies over time.
  • A flaming puddle does not slow enemies as much as a goop puddle.
  • Deals half damage to minions and Mythic Creatures.

Dragon Breath
Slot: C

Skaarf inhales for 1.5s, then exhales a huge cone of flames for 3s. Skaarf may move freely while spewing fire.
  • Skaarf gains a quick burst of move speed when exhaling.
  • While inhaling or exhaling, enemies moving against the current are slowed while allies moving with it are sped up.
  • Deals 50% damage to non-heroes.

Feature Improvements

Private Matches (Invite Everyone!)
  • Invite up to 6 players into a party and initiate private matches. You may choose any number of players up to 6, including 1v1 duels or 1v3 lopsided battles for ultimate bragging rights!
Chat: Stage 1
  • This update includes Party Queue chat. To ensure chat runs smoothly, chat will be turned on slowly region-by-region post-update.
Other
  • Vain Crystal Explosions: Mark your victory (or defeat) with an epic Vain shatter.
  • 'Dodging' Cooldown: Players who cancel a match by choosing to not lock in a hero will receive the same cooldown penalty as declining matches.
  • Latest Hero & Item Balance Changes: Balance changes to Joule, SAW, Catherine, Fountain of Renewal and the Gold Miner's defensive stats. Get the details here.
  • Performance Improvements: Misc. bug fixes and performance enhancements. If you’re having a stability or performance issue, email: [email protected].

Read the full post (with devs' thoughts on the changes) here.

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by R1ch4rd » December 11, 2014 5:49am | Report
Hi, excellent update. I love Skaar.
However, I have been left to wait some 4 times already... I choose play and then come to a black screen. I wait, and wait until I have to restart the app. Last time it happened I was informed I could not play, because I have cancelled so many games lately. But I have never, ever, either left or abandoned a game. Now I have been punished because the app seems to fail and take me to a black screen sometimes... I have noticed an increase in ppl that do not show up, and imagine this is the cause. Hope a fix is on the way.

R1ch4rd
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ann_Summer1127 » January 15, 2015 9:24am | Report
Mowen wrote:

New Hero: Skaarf
Skaarf is a little flamethrower who thrives at dealing long-range and area-of-effect damage, especially during teamfights.

Fan the Flames
Slot: Heroic Perk

Skaarf's abilities burn targets and his basic attacks deal bonus crystal damage to burning targets.
  • Burn: 12-34 (level 1-12) (+15% crystal power) damage per second for 4s.
  • Basic attacks: 2.5% of the target's max health as crystal damage.
  • Deals reduced damage to Mythic Creatures and structures.

Spitfire
Slot: A

Skaarf spits a fireball that collides with the first hero, structure or boss monster it hits.
  • The fireball damages & passes through smaller minions.
  • Each time it passes through a unit, its damage is reduced to 85% of before.
  • Deals 50% less damage damage to minions.

Goop
Slot: B

Skaarf hurls a goop onto the target location. Enemies walking through the sticky substance are slowed. Any of Skaarf's flames will ignite the puddle, dealing burst damage and burning enemies over time.
  • A flaming puddle does not slow enemies as much as a goop puddle.
  • Deals half damage to minions and Mythic Creatures.

Dragon Breath
Slot: C

Skaarf inhales for 1.5s, then exhales a huge cone of flames for 3s. Skaarf may move freely while spewing fire.
  • Skaarf gains a quick burst of move speed when exhaling.
  • While inhaling or exhaling, enemies moving against the current are slowed while allies moving with it are sped up.
  • Deals 50% damage to non-heroes.

Feature Improvements

Private Matches (Invite Everyone!)
  • Invite up to 6 players into a party and initiate private matches. You may choose any number of players up to 6, including 1v1 duels or 1v3 lopsided battles for ultimate bragging rights!
Chat: Stage 1
  • This update includes Party Queue chat. To ensure chat runs smoothly, chat will be turned on slowly region-by-region post-update.
Other
  • Vain Crystal Explosions: Mark your victory (or defeat) with an epic Vain shatter.
  • 'Dodging' Cooldown: Players who cancel a match by choosing to not lock in a hero will receive the same cooldown penalty as declining matches.
  • Latest Hero & Item Balance Changes: Balance changes to Joule, SAW, Catherine, Fountain of Renewal and the Gold Miner's defensive stats. Get the details here.
  • Performance Improvements: Misc. bug fixes and performance enhancements. If you’re having a stability or performance issue, email: [email protected].

Read the full post (with devs' thoughts on the changes) here.

Ann_Summer1127

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved