Vainglory Forums

Update 1.1.7 Highlights

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » February 3, 2015 3:03pm | Report

Update 1.1.7 includes the new protector hero, the ability to play your own music, a much-needed Party screen overhaul, IM options, crazy network traffic optimizations, matchmaking improvements and additional AFK preventative measures. Let's dig into this hefty update...

New Hero: Ardan

Julia's Gift
Slot: Heroic Perk

Ardan benefits from purchasing health items.
  • Whenever Ardan takes damage, he heals for 0.8% of his missing health, but no more than 75% of the damage taken.
  • Instead of energy, Ardan uses a yellow meter called Vengeance. Vengeance builds over time and can also be gained with basic attacks, critical strikes and abilities.
  • Because Ardan doesn't need regular energy, 5% of bonus energy and 50% of bonus energy recharge are converted to crystal power.

Vanguard
Slot: A

Ardan dashes to protect an ally, granting them a 2s barrier and a burst of move speed. This also slows and damages nearby enemies.
  • Overdrive: At max rank, Vanguard grants 50% Vengeance when cast on an ally.
  • Using this ability on himself results in only half the barrier, speed boost and no Vengeance gain.
  • Barrier scales up with 35% of Ardan's bonus health.
  • Any time this ally takes damage, Ardan gains Vengeance.

Blood for Blood
Slot: B

Ardan rushes forward and punches his target.
  • Overdrive: At max rank, Blood for Blood deals an additional 15% damage.
  • Blood for Blood can only be activated when Ardan has 100% Vengeance and will consume all of it.
  • Blood for Blood triggers basic-attack effects.

Gauntlet
Slot: C

Ardan leaps to the target location and projects a perimeter around him. Enemy heroes who touch or cross the perimeter are stunned and take crystal damage.
  • If Ardan leaves the perimeter, it is immediately destroyed.
  • Ardan instantly gains full Vengeance upon using this ability.

Features
  • Play your own music during games
  • Matchmaker improvements
  • AFK Prevention improvements
  • Dramatic network traffic reductions
  • Friends chat improvements
  • Party screen overhaul

This was a very big update and I've only hit the tip of the iceberg. If you want the whole story please read the official update notes.

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » February 3, 2015 9:33pm | Report
I've realized how I wish they had fixed Skaarf, not by giving him crystal pierce but rather by making the current crystal pierce weapon more useful for when you are not losing a fight. Far too often fights end too quickly for the extra piercing to make much difference.

Ardan is much more difficult than others. He suffers like Catherine in terms of farming, doesn't appear to have as high damage output as others, and his ultimate does 0 damage unless the opponent walks into it.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jephthah » February 4, 2015 9:20pm | Report
I don't know what happened with the latest update, but the play experience is worse. Nothing has changed on my end, but now I have the worse lag and screen tearing. At times the lag can be More than 15 seconds!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Jephthah

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved