Vainglory Forums

some questions about build and gameplay

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kenny24c » August 15, 2016 8:29am | Report
Hi my name is Kenny. I first play this game in April 2015 and i love it. In December 2015, my friend ask me to play lol and i give up on this game. Months later, i decided to play VG again and i realise something which i don't quite understand. I hope someone could answer my question. (BTW, English is my second language so sorry for bad English or if i sounds impoite)

1: According to my knowledge, Taka should be play as WP(at least before i quit the game) but I saw a lot of CP Taka recently.(I know CP Taka was ok but he is still a off-meta build before i quit the game. Most people build him WP at the time) Since the game reset your rank if u doesnt play for a long time and i need to play with people who dont have the same level of skill/knowledge as me. I am wondering is it just because i am in a low rank and new players don't know how to build him or does the meta shift?

2: Before i quit the game, i know that we should not capture the minion mine too early because it will push the lane and putting your laner in danger but people seems to want to capture minion mine really early now. Again, is it because i am in a low rank and people don't know how to play or is it better to capture it early?

3: Before i quit the game, the first item for romer/support was iron guard contract 99 out of 100 times because it gives u gold whenever your jungle kill a monster and also give u some sustain. Now that they have change how the jungle works which makes your romer get some gold when your jungle kill a monster. Also iron guard contract no longer gives u gold and only recover some health. Should i still buy iron guard contract as a romer or should i go for the hp item instead?
(forgot the english name, my game is in chinese)

4: Should vox be building WP or CP right now. I know both of the are alright(at least before i quit the game) but usually 1 of them are much stronger depending on what change super evil have done to him. My game doesn't show the scaling of vox and i dont know is it a glitch or they remove it.

I really want to know the answer to these question so i can climb the rank quicker. Thank you for anyone who are willing to help me answer these question.

kenny24c
Quote | PM | +Rep by Apocalypse27 » August 16, 2016 7:08am | Report
For questions 1 and 4, you can build heroes any way you want as long as you know how to play that build (cp or wp). Vox's abilities have NO crystal or weapon scaling, his items do not affect his abilities.

For question 2, now minion mines are worth 200 gold any point of time in the game, regardless of whether they are neutral or belong to the enemy team. You can take mines any time that is beneficial to the laner if he is getting pushed too hard or dont take if your laner is overextended.

For question 3, only get ironguard if you are with a jungler that does not have lifesteal or bonus perks early game (Reim's fortified health, Krul lifesteal, Joule's armour plating etc.) so that your jungler does not take too much damage from the monsters and die. Get the Dragonblood contract is your jungler is melee and VERY easily kited by the enemy jungler(Krul vs Skye) so that you can slow the enemy jungler and do bonus damage to them. Get Protector contract if your jungler is very squishy or the laner gets ganked easily as you can clutch save them with the barrier given.

Apocalypse27
Quote | PM | +Rep by kenny24c » August 19, 2016 8:07am | Report
One more question, how the f can I counter Lyra. I mean her passive is similar to Ashe in league. In league, Ashe slow enermy for 5-25% on each auto for 2 second and u can't run away from her late game(may be that's because I am bronze but whatever). In what world does it make sense to put ashe's passive onto Lyra and instead of slowing 5-25% depending on your level, lyra f ing slow u for 70% for 2 ******** seconds from the beginning of the game. Her auto attack range is sooooooo long and if she can auto u once u are not getting away from her. I got bully so hard playing joule in lane vs lyra. I know joule is short range so it kind of added into it but still she is soooooooo over power. I was talking to myself before the 1.21 update and thinking they must nerf her in the next patch and guess what, they did..........nerf her ******** B but not her op as f passive. Anyway, I can't explain how much I hate her. Can anyone teach me how to counter her?

kenny24c
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » August 19, 2016 3:31pm | Report
kenny24c wrote:

One more question, how the f can I counter Lyra. I mean her passive is similar to Ashe in league. In league, Ashe slow enermy for 5-25% on each auto for 2 second and u can't run away from her late game(may be that's because I am bronze but whatever). In what world does it make sense to put ashe's passive onto Lyra and instead of slowing 5-25% depending on your level, lyra f ing slow u for 70% for 2 ******** seconds from the beginning of the game. Her auto attack range is sooooooo long and if she can auto u once u are not getting away from her. I got bully so hard playing joule in lane vs lyra. I know joule is short range so it kind of added into it but still she is soooooooo over power. I was talking to myself before the 1.21 update and thinking they must nerf her in the next patch and guess what, they did..........nerf her ******** B but not her op as f passive. Anyway, I can't explain how much I hate her. Can anyone teach me how to counter her?

Lyra's weakness is that she is squishy AF and can be bursted down really easily. Glaive and Taka are probably the biggest threats to her since they can easily burst her down as long as they have good coordination with their team. Also, her B only lasts for a few seconds now and can be easily avoided as long as you hang back for a while because most lyras use it almost immediately and it has a pretty long CD.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » August 19, 2016 8:43pm | Report
kenny24c wrote:

Joule gets countered by many ranged laners, not just Lyra in particular. As for countering Lyra, bursting her down early is normally very effective, as with many other laners. If you get a chance to counter-pick, pick Phinn or Ardan, as they are extremely tanky.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » August 23, 2016 12:51am | Report
Atsurvius wrote:

Joule gets countered by many ranged laners, not just Lyra in particular. As for countering Lyra, bursting her down early is normally very effective, as with many other laners. If you get a chance to counter-pick, pick Phinn or Ardan, as they are extremely tanky.

But doesn't Lyra's B make short work of Ardan? She can silence basically his entire kit because it all technically counts as a dash. I definitely agree that Phinn is a nice counter, since her zone control is a bit useless when Phinn just pulls her into your team, but I don't think Ardan counts as a good counter.

354RRR
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved