Vainglory Forums

Character Skins

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

What do you think of the new method of skin release
Love it
Hate it
Don't Care
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » November 1, 2016 9:39am | Report
So first it was Lyra and Lance getting skins out of order. Now with Adagio and recently revealed Glaive we are getting a second collection of skins for characters that already have a full three tier set. Yet we still have characters with uncompleted sets or no skins at all. What do you think of this?

Let me first point out that we will always have characters without skins when new skins are being released, due to new characters.

Personally I don't have too much of an issue with it. I would prefer they just did away with the tier level. Don't us a sense of order, then create everything out of order. It's almost as if Tier 1 skins are disappearing with the reason being "we don't want to limit our artists", yet just when I thought that Samuel gets a T1 skin.

I think they should just give the skins different names rather than making them appear to be a progression.

Ultimately skins are about money no matter which way you twist it, which I'm perfectly okay with. After all the game is free to play, and everything is available to be unlocked without real money, so in my mind it's completely fair, and I've never understood the view point that nothing should cost money when they give you are free game to play. People don't work for free that's now how the world works. So I don't really want to get into the "it's a money grab" debate.

However, I think they are creating the "money grab" debate by giving them progressive labels instead of simply making the skins appear to be independent of themselves.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » November 1, 2016 7:30pm | Report
Don't care too much about the order the release it, although getting rid of the tier level for skins would be nice I guess. I don't really mind them wanting to make a little more money cause it's not like they make a ton of money, but giving the skins different names would be great since it would make things less confusing but I could care less, I just hope that Petal gets a T3 skin soon because she's been waiting for like half a year and still doesn't have a T3 skin yet
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » November 2, 2016 7:01am | Report
I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!! ALL BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T RELEASED AN OZO SKIN YET!!!! Makes me soooooooo mad....... All these characters getting two skin paths or completing their skin sets While Ozo doesn't even have a skin. All those Petal players need to stfu, at least they have a skin even if they don't have t3 yet. THEY HAVE A FREAKING SPECIAL EDITION SKIN FOR CYING OUT LOUD. Also, I don't really care about all that stuff about which skin will make more money. OZO NEEDS A SKIN!!!
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » November 2, 2016 9:50am | Report
Grubitsch wrote:

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!! ALL BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T RELEASED AN OZO SKIN YET!!!! Makes me soooooooo mad....... All these characters getting two skin paths or completing their skin sets While Ozo doesn't even have a skin. All those Petal players need to stfu, at least they have a skin even if they don't have t3 yet. THEY HAVE A FREAKING SPECIAL EDITION SKIN FOR CYING OUT LOUD. Also, I don't really care about all that stuff about which skin will make more money. OZO NEEDS A SKIN!!!

The reason why they don't give him a skin is because he is not played what so ever, same with petal.
Glaive and adagio (if I had to guess) are some of if not the most played characters in the game

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » November 2, 2016 9:53am | Report
vikings102 wrote:

The reason why they don't give him a skin is because he is not played what so ever, same with petal.
Glaive and adagio (if I had to guess) are some of if not the most played characters in the game

I very rarely see either of those two, but almost my entire guild knows how to play Ozo. We're all screaming for blood about his skin...

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » November 2, 2016 10:56am | Report
Outside of BR I encounter Ozo about once a month, so I'd have to agree he's not played much.
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » November 3, 2016 5:50am | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

Outside of BR I encounter Ozo about once a month, so I'd have to agree he's not played much.

I can say the same for Petal and Blackfeather... YET THEY BOTH HAVE SKINS!!! WHO GIVES A FLYING F HOW MUCH THEY ARE PLAYED!?!?! ALL CHARACTERS SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE SKIN.

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » November 3, 2016 6:28am | Report
Really? BF & Petal are possibly the two strongest junglers at the moment. Not many have caught on to Petal yet after her nerf, but I see BF all the time.

And let's keep this in perspective. I'm pretty sure Petal was an original character. Hell she was released without a Voice Over, they added her voice over in update 1.0.12

Ozo on the other hand was released in update 1.14

She still doesn't have a T3 skin, I'm pretty certain she has the two skins she has before Ozo was released, and just got a Hero Spotlight in the past couple months.

So when it comes to waiting Petal has your Ozo beat by years.

Now, let me try to explain who gives a Flying F how much they are played. SEMC does. They are in this to make money. Skins are honestly NOTHING but money. If you buy a new character you are at least getting a new way to play, when you buy a skin you get a different look for a character on a screen so small you can barely make the detail out anyways. So for the developers skins are ALL about the money.

From a business perspective they are more likely to prioritize skins for popular characters because it's going to make them more money. Ozo will eventually get a skin, no one is saying he won't. You made a statement about Ozo not having a skin, someone was just trying to point out why.

Chances are they can't think of anything clever to skin him with. I've heard lots of corny ideas for an Ozo skin, but I haven't heard one that I'd have any interest in.
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » November 3, 2016 6:33am | Report
Circus Master Ozo. And see, ^debating^. ^_^ Wrong forum but still. XP

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » November 3, 2016 2:15pm | Report
This will probably make you happy!

http://www.vainglorygame.com/news/coming-soon-bakuto-ringo/

Oh wait....
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved