Vainglory Forums

Effin' Taka....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 16, 2015 8:23am | Report
Lost the last 40 minute battle due to a constantly over-extending Taka (decent player but lost his patience) on my team. Opposing team had 1 turret standing and despite all warnings, this Taka just couldn't resist trying to infiltrate the enemy base & getting himself killed in an ambush.

IMO a Taka could make or break the team. The Kamuha players are either really bad with him or really good. The worst that can happen with a bad Taka player, since he's crunchy, would be fairly useless having him on my team and it'd play out like a 2vs3 match if he doesn't AFK. If he's good and not over-abusing his invisible skill in the last minute, well, we usually do just fine.

From what I've seen, Taka players have tendency to behave like they're OP without backup and constantly try to sneak up on the lone sniper while forgetting that the majority of his kills are picked off the team. A good Taka player with the patience to wait for his teammates to catch up rarely happens in my experience.

With that said most players I've played with are not very good with Taka. It's also a teammate I try to avoid nowadays, if I see a Taka on my team I wait for the next queue.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » February 16, 2015 8:39am | Report
Taka is fairly useless endgame anyway, much like Krul. Most of the times the longer you drag on the game, the less Taka will contribute to the team. I am looking forward to see the upcoming team-based buffs for Taka and endgame effectiveness for Koshka.
IGN: Fenelia
Region: EU
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Devanicus » February 16, 2015 10:07am | Report
Mid game Taka is so op. If built pretty decently that damn X-retsu, even if you counter build, still chops off half of your health. I had a crucible, ageis, and metal plate and the opposing Taka only built weapon power. Needles to say he could take on my spun up saw no problem with one x-retsu and one flippy blade even with all said defense items. And the take had all weapon power. Way too OP in my opinion.
IGN: Devanicus
Karma Level: 14
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Catherine
Secondary: Saw, Krul, Glaive & Skarf

Devanicus
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 16, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Well, Saw is more damage based and quite useless if you go tank cuz it defeats his whole purpose. With that said, if you replace all that armor with two masks + Sorrowblade and something with reflex block - mark my words your damage output will be MUCH higher than his if your stack is high. The reflex block + life steal + a potion will help you outlast him any day.

The only drawback is your speed... Take is made to be evasive which can be annoying if you're SAW. I'd avoid getting into a 1on1 situation with him unless you must.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » February 16, 2015 10:03pm | Report
Mid game taka is a great solo ganker, but i agree a lot of taka players fail to adjust to late game play. That is true of a lot of players though, fail to transition to the late game when u must stick together.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 17, 2015 12:36am | Report
Yea definitely...it's annoying as hell especially when ur team is winning then the whole board gets flipped on u.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 17, 2015 10:35am | Report
Had anther game with a bad Taka... Is it just me?

I noticed that many Taka players spent an insane amount of time in the jungle farming while rest of teammate(s) are engaging. They just wanna farm farm farm and rarely helps out until midgame and a lot of times the tide of battle has already been determined which makes it fairely useless.

Takas are ruining my lunch.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Devanicus » February 18, 2015 7:29am | Report
Okay awesome. Thanks for the advice long****!!
IGN: Devanicus
Karma Level: 14
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Catherine
Secondary: Saw, Krul, Glaive & Skarf

Devanicus
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » February 20, 2015 5:01am | Report
Quoted:

Had anther game with a bad Taka... Is it just me?

Takas are ruining my lunch.

lol... it's an epidemic; i just played with a bad Taka too. All was going good, with my Glaive and a SAW. Then our deaths got staggered out. When Taka came live, he ran to the other teams mine. I then came live, saw he was in trouble, and ran to him. Of course, by the time I get there, he's dead, and I'm up against 3. I die, then our decent SAW player is left solo.

Lesson learned... don't follow foolhardy players late game into a death sentence. Stick together with teammates.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 23, 2015 6:29pm | Report
Another bad Taka game. Dude kept pinging the whole team like we don't know how to play, kept stealing my minions and refused to help out when needed. Also kept infiltrating enemy base/getting himself killed.

For the record most teams we've owned has a Taka on it.

Why are Taka players so annoying and lack proper VG etiquette? They are by far the worst players I've come across.

longdongkim
Notable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved