Vainglory Forums

Effin' Taka....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 23, 2015 7:09pm | Report
finally earned enough glory to buy Taka because I've always wanted him.
read through this thing so I can avoid being an @***h0le Taka player (I want to enjoy the game with my favorite hero too) and contribute to the team effort (IT'S FUN TO WIN)

can anyone give me more pointers on not being a useless Taka from another hero's point of view?
all I know is that I need to farm desperately to level 6 and to buy appropriate items (which makes me a bit of an @ssh0le anyway oops)

I swear I'm not being desperate and trying to be a goody-goody-two-shoes
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 23, 2015 7:43pm | Report
cry_tears wrote:

finally earned enough glory to buy Taka because I've always wanted him.
read through this thing so I can avoid being an @***h0le Taka player (I want to enjoy the game with my favorite hero too) and contribute to the team effort (IT'S FUN TO WIN)

can anyone give me more pointers on not being a useless Taka from another hero's point of view?
all I know is that I need to farm desperately to level 6 and to buy appropriate items (which makes me a bit of an @ssh0le anyway oops)

I swear I'm not being desperate and trying to be a goody-goody-two-shoes

Make sure to play in the assassin role. Don't tell yourself "hey, I'm a warrior" & try to battle it out with somebody who will clearly be able to outlast you. You're meant for quick, big damage, not some intense prolonged fight. Fill your niche!

Help your teammates out. Taka does best between 5-15 minutes because he can pick people off really easy. When you see the enemy team overextending in the lane, take advantage of that & help your laner out by getting a gank on the other team. Stay somewhat close to & aware of your teammates. taka often does great paired with other good junglers because he can do so much up front damage & kill one of the enemy team off quickly.

I generally recommend weapon power takas, maybe with an energy battery in case of emergency. I've had little luck with crystal power takas because they can't do anything outside of their abilities.

You're not an a hole just for being taka lol. Just don't be a selfish teammate who runs into stupid situations & doesn't help teammates out. Really, if I could some it up, remember that 1. You have a hard time in the late game 2. You have a great time in the mid game 3. You do best with an ally nearby 4. You can pick off fragile characters easily 5. You have trouble lasting long (like me in bed)
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » February 23, 2015 7:45pm | Report
Oh, & for my taka rant- Just won a game cause there was a taka on the other team :') it was a close match up against a good Catherine & saw & an aight taka. We were about tied until those late game team fight where taka got owned. He was squishy a'f.... And he had breaking point, so he was meant for failure. The poor guy would hit my glaive, I'd slam him a few times, he'd disappear, I'd flip on my ult, he'd reappear, I'd finish him. 'Twas a glorious win.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 24, 2015 5:46pm | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

Oh, & for my taka rant- Just won a game cause there was a taka on the other team :') it was a close match up against a good Catherine & saw & an aight taka. We were about tied until those late game team fight where taka got owned. He was squishy a'f.... And he had breaking point, so he was meant for failure. The poor guy would hit my glaive, I'd slam him a few times, he'd disappear, I'd flip on my ult, he'd reappear, I'd finish him. 'Twas a glorious win.

Might as well have gotten a Mask instead hah.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by extremelolftw » February 24, 2015 11:28pm | Report
Taka is quite hard to play in solo queue as when playing him you have a big tendency to overextend or simply take down their sniper. Reminding yourself to wait for your team to join you or at least being close is essential for taka, your X-Retsu is very good at surprising the enemy team but if you don't have your team to back you up it is quite hard to actually kill or survive. Also, taka is only good as crystal if playing in a party, after your X-Retsu - Kaiten combo you need your team to back you up until your cooldowns are back. Very hard to do with strangers. I won a match as Glaive against a 13/1 Ringo because their crystal taka overextended too much and ended up 1/11

extremelolftw
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 26, 2015 10:36am | Report

Taka is quite hard to play in solo queue as when playing him you have a big tendency to overextend or simply take down their sniper. Reminding yourself to wait for your team to join you or at least being close is essential for taka, your X-Retsu is very good at surprising the enemy team but if you don't have your team to back you up it is quite hard to actually kill or survive. Also, taka is only good as crystal if playing in a party, after your X-Retsu - Kaiten combo you need your team to back you up until your cooldowns are back. Very hard to do with strangers. I won a match as Glaive against a 13/1 Ringo because their crystal taka overextended too much and ended up 1/11

All well said. However, I almost never see Taka players doing what you mentioned. Taka players are horrible human beings in general.

That said, had aother game with a Taka that I'd like to B slap.

I'm Ringo and dude constantly comes up in lane, wanders around while I knock the Minion's health down and steals the last hits for some easy money. By the time I had Tension Bow, enemy Ringo's build was already way ahead of mine.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by cry_tears » February 26, 2015 6:09pm | Report
Quoted:

All well said. However, I almost never see Taka players doing what you mentioned. Taka players are horrible human beings in general.

That said, had aother game with a Taka that I'd like to B slap.

I'm Ringo and dude constantly comes up in lane, wanders around while I knock the Minion's health down and steals the last hits for some easy money. By the time I had Tension Bow, enemy Ringo's build was already way ahead of mine.

as a Taka user I do try my best to avoid being a horrible human being. it would be pretty awesome though if people would give me a chance to show I'm not a bad Taka instead of sabotaging my desperate attempts at farming gold for my crystal items in the jungle...and then in late games I'm literally cannon fodder: throw me into the fryer => shoot the cook while he's stirring my *** in the oil
because I either don't have my boots to run fast or I didn't get all the items I need to maximize burst damage (how can I become a better Taka iF I CAN'T LEARN TO USE HIM PROPERLY)

I almost feel sorry for myself

maybe I should've bought Krul, I had a thing for him before I bought Taka - I build them the same way too
main: Taka (you can call me Taka-hero hehe)
pretty good with: Krul
needs work on: anything not a Jungle hero
saving up for: Krul (maybe Celeste if I like playing her enough)
skill tier: Decent-ish

cry_tears
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 27, 2015 11:40am | Report
I was a Koshka until I got up to Hotness and couldn't keep up with everyone (before the update). I started a new account, learned Taka, and Saw starting at low ELO. Liked Taka's play style more and got him and my new account (IllusiveNinja) to Hotness in 55 wins (not sure if that is good or not but was experimenting with different builds on the way up). Taka pretty much needs to be left in the jungle and mine until he gets level 5-7. He needs X-retsu to close and inflict enough damage to have a fair fight. Taka wrecks it mid game. Honestly if you get the build right its almost unfair. I was so surprised Taka wasn't nerfed. I guess sometimes I see other Taka's not doing so hot on other teams but I also see them dominating as well. Sometimes Taka has trouble late game but usually I have turned the tides so much mid game (if I have good teammates) that it usually doesn't matter and is hard for the team to catch up.

From my (Taka's) perspective- It is my job to help my team and control the jungle in the beginning. It is frustrating when I am mining and a laner constantly over extends and calls for help. I try to get up there fast but most the time I get up there too late and its a 3vs2, 2vs1, or 3vs1. Early on as Taka there is not much I can do if both enemy heros have full health and I still don't have much weapon power. I could die and make the situation worse. Usually I try to scare them away or at least take out all the enemy minions to give my teammates some time to get back. I don't mind this happening a couple times. But when it happens over and over. It's pointless for me to keep wasting time not getting Taka up to midgame strength. It is easy for Taka to fall behind if he doesn't get enough gold and that is good for nobody. It pisses me off when I am controlling the gold mine and our side of the jungle but the lane is getting run down due to constant over extension. If you are laning and need Taka's help. Just sit back near our team's turret and take out minions. As long as Taka isn't a **** he should be there to help and roll together as a team as soon as he gets to level 6 or 7 and can hold his own. If Taka doesn't then you are playing with a douche who doesn't realize that if you lose the lane you lose the game.

This game is a TEAM GAME and anybody ignoring their team is not going to win. Although I feel like once you get to Hotness most people realize this. Of course there are exceptions. It is Taka's job to control the jungle but also not let the lane get out of hand. After I have got to level 7 I will got up the the lane anytime there is action and pick off the other team.

I feel like since the update teams have been even more unfair ( I know they went for the opposite). I have only played 6 or 7 games but It has been very lopsided (although I haven't played enough to get adequate sample data) . We either win huge and I have K/D of 10-2 or 18-1 or we get wrecked and I go 8-3 or 10-6 while my teammates go 1-8 or 2-9. It kinda pisses me off because I feel like at the high ELO's no matter how well I play I can't carry and make up for bad players. So I feel like it is a 50/50 chance me being on the team with the worse player (or trying a new hero, having bad game, etc) and it is impossible for me to get past the Hotness. Even though I am almost constantly the best on my team. I know it's easy for Taka to have good K/D ratios but it is frustrating me because I feel like I am stuck at this ELO because of other bad players. I have been trying to party up but its hard to find people who are good and want to play at the same times as me.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like I needed to defend Taka and why some Taka players are selfish in the early game.

TL;DR
-Taka needs to mine for awhile before he can be helpful so might be selfish early game
-If you need Taka's help in lane, don't over extend and wait for Taka to get to around level 6 or 7
- If Taka doesn't help in lane after level 7 player is a douche
-Since Update Teams more unfair?
-Hard to Carry team and make up for bad players at high ELO, making leveling up more random based on team you are put on
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Stuffink » February 27, 2015 2:19pm | Report
Taka seems like a bit of a selfish hero with great K/D ratio, so selfish players tend to pick him, and behave accordingly. Mostly getting killed while they are at it. Taka is really only effective joining in when a hero is already low, or when plenty or with team mates around. Essentially when playing as a team player.

A bad Taka is a pain in the ***, because I normally go for a tanky or support hero after seeing them in the queue, trusting the Taka to do some damage, only to find that they are permanently dead.

However, you can really get in trouble as Taka if your laners demand too much assistance early game, or if you have another jungle who hogs the farm. Basically you are stuffed then because you can't get the burst damage you need to be effective. Taka needs to be understood by his team mates to be his best.

Stuffink
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 27, 2015 3:19pm | Report
Stuffink wrote:

Taka needs to be understood by his team mates to be his best.

True that.
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved