Vainglory Forums

Effin' Taka....

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 27, 2015 4:25pm | Report
BSchafer wrote:

Taka needs to be understood by his team mates to be his best.
True that.

And I would argue that many Taka players needs to better understand the term teamwork for the sake of winning. The team involves 3 players, not 1.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BSchafer » February 28, 2015 12:30pm | Report
Quoted:

And I would argue that many Taka players needs to better understand the term teamwork for the sake of winning. The team involves 3 players, not 1.

Yeah but that is true for all heros. I agree some Taka players are selfish but it is kinda the way he needs to be played. On the same hand he needs his teammates or he would be nothing.
Playing VainGlory in NA as BSchafer (fun/experimental account)
IllusiveNinja (Super serious account)

BSchafer
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by thayne2222 » July 2, 2016 10:03am | Report
I've been playing this game for two years and I've always wondered if people feel the same way. It feels good to know I'm not alone. So many takas with their rude pings and minion stealing and overextending and turret diving and trying to win 3v1s. That being said, nothing feels quite as good as a taka punish. Afterburning his sorry *** behind the turret, doing a stun star ult blast combo as Celeste when his lame *** tries to cartwheel out of the brush (nothing feels as good as blasting a taka with stars at point blank). It's been a good channel for frustration. As I'm blasting a Taka away I like to think of every ****py taka that I've ever had on my team. It definitely helps

thayne2222
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magic99 » July 7, 2016 2:21am | Report
Bro. U need a great taka anytime? Come to me! I main taka and rarely play other heroes. I love him man. Don't worry, I won't let you down. Just add me bro: Magic99

See you soon !

Magic99
Quote | PM | +Rep by FirebirdRS » August 1, 2016 2:41pm | Report
I have to say that I agree with you guys most taka players are either half decent or really bad. There are a few of us that actually play him well tho. Patience is definitely something you need on taka. Taka isn't someone who can 1v3 like krul. I disagree with @Fenelia though. Taka has a very strong endgame with the right items. Generally with WP I would get a breaking point as the first or second item as it has massive scaling value and works really well when combo'd with a bonesaw and Sorrow blade. Also the main problem with taka players is that they don't build defense. As taka has an ability which puts him right on the back line of the enemy, he needs to be able to survive until the rest of his team gets there to help. Usually taka is focused as well so just get defense no matter what. Also if anyone doesn't know yet(Somehow?) get contraption if you are roaming against taka.

FirebirdRS
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Keiba » August 2, 2016 1:50am | Report
Wow, didn't realize that it was this widespread. I just got out of a match with my ally as Taka. From the very beginning of the game, nothing but rude pings and minion steals. He waits it out until I(Catherine) start attacking the minions, and comes in for last attack to steal the heal, incessant pings to call me to mines, basically went headlong into the enemy team trying to take out Skaarf and just got nuked by the turret. He doesn't even wait for my Blast Tremor before engaging a gank.

I don't play Taka much to understand why this is such a case. I get that he's fun to play. But you should at least have the decency to wait for your teammates in a gank before you engage, and freaking stop stealing heals.

I love playing support, but that's not the case if this happens with more than half of the Taka matches that I play. It just becomes frustrating trying to keep the guy alive.

Keiba
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » August 2, 2016 11:30am | Report
Keiba wrote:

Wow, didn't realize that it was this widespread. I just got out of a match with my ally as Taka. From the very beginning of the game, nothing but rude pings and minion steals. He waits it out until I(Catherine) start attacking the minions, and comes in for last attack to steal the heal, incessant pings to call me to mines, basically went headlong into the enemy team trying to take out Skaarf and just got nuked by the turret. He doesn't even wait for my Blast Tremor before engaging a gank.

I don't play Taka much to understand why this is such a case. I get that he's fun to play. But you should at least have the decency to wait for your teammates in a gank before you engage, and freaking stop stealing heals.

I love playing support, but that's not the case if this happens with more than half of the Taka matches that I play. It just becomes frustrating trying to keep the guy alive.

Taka should take the farm but he should also hit the minions first bc he will heal all of the damage back from the treants. Also, low elo takas can be pretty aggressive mid game but you can caution ping them to get them to stay back.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved