Vainglory Forums

Krul and Taka are OP - Must be heavily nerfed for the game to be fair again

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » July 2, 2015 6:03pm | Report
Not too recently ago, Skaarf was the most overpowered player in the game. In turn, he was greatly nerfed to the point that he became one of the worst heros in the game. Since then, two underpowered players rose to the throne: Krul and Taka.

While Krul is extremely weak early game, he becomes increasingly strong as the game progresses regardless of how much you starve him or counter-build. Good Kruls can annihilate in 1v3 by late game using just two items: breaking point and shiversteel. With breaking point, krul's basic attacks do more damage than even the most powerful melee hero while shiversteel gives him health and slows his enemies. Without his abilities he can still win in a 1v1 with just these two items. Adding his abilities, he dominates the battlefield. His first makes him invincible for two seconds, his second leeches incredible amount of health, and his third is a long stun. Now, you may say that to beat Krul you can just stun him and target him at the start of the fight, or that you can just kite him until he goes down. But that isn't the reality. With his shadows empower me perk and his first and third abilities, Krul can close extreme gaps and easily target and finish the enemy damage dealer, just like an assassin would. He could also use crucible or reflex block to resist stuns. Krul then proceeds to attack the remaining enemies, and with stacks of breaking point and his second ability, deals incredible damage while gaining all of his health back. The enemies try to resist, but by that point Krul's first closes the gap once again, deals damage, and makes himself invincible for yet another 2 seconds. You might as well say gg by that point.
I believe that a viable solution for nerfing Krul is by taking away his attack speed, reducing the barrier time of his first ability, and lowering the life steal from his second. Krul has to be stopped or else the game won't be worth playing.

Now to tackle Taka. We all remember the days in which we would see him on our team and feel slightly dissapointed. That has all changed in the recent updates. Taka is one of the characters that is incredibly powerful in both early-mid and late game. People playing Taka can simply buy full attack builds and destroy almost all heros with a few basic attacks. Not to mention that he is extremely quick and can negate damage easily with his abilities. Worst of all, Taka's lifesteal makes him a durable opponent that will finish you with basic attacks while you manage to deal little damage - unless you hit him with powerful burst abilities. You can counter Taka by buying armour or building lots of crystal items, but he still proves to be OP.
My suggestion to nerfing Taka is to take away a major amount of his lifesteal. Without regenerating so much health during battle, he will finally be able to be killed by other's basic attacks. He will play less aggressively, less like a warrior and more like an assassin, the way he was designed to be played. As I said before, Taka must be nerfed for the game to be fair.

Thank you all for hearing me out. Feel free to leave comments below to let me know what you think. Please remember that Krul and Taka must be heavily nerfed for the game to feel fair and trully competitive again.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheExecutioner4 » July 2, 2015 6:35pm | Report
Dude I know Taka and Krul are annoyingly over powered. The developers have to do something about it.

TheExecutioner4
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » July 2, 2015 11:36pm | Report
I rarely see Krul as of 1.6 in SA. I do see a lot of Taka. Both of these heroes depend on attack speed ATM and when I see them on the other team, my primary defensive item is Atlas Pauldron. Since it is rare to see a CP Taka and even rarer to see a CP Krul, red defense items fit right in. My main is Ardan and by mid/late game (when I'm up against either of these two) I try to build Atlas Pauldron, Shiversteel, and Fountain of Renewal. I engage the fight, drop the Atlas Pauldron and Shiversteel, then let my teammates take them down from a distance. Slow their attack speed, then slow their movement speed. Use the Fountain of Renewal mid fight to stay alive and hopefully you have tipped the balance in your favor. I really don't have too much trouble when playing with a decent team.

One thing that is easy to remember is that Krul will almost ALWAYS be hiding in the bushes to take advantage of his Shadows Empower Me when looking to attack. Use scout traps often to limit where he can hide. Contraption is a great item that gives you a constant supply of flares and scout traps. Use the flares to keep an eye on Taka and fire one off as soon as he uses Kaku. Spam the map and take away all the hiding spots.

This is advice from someone who typically plays a support role for my team. If you are playing the lane or are the jungle carry, keep your distance from bushes in the jungle, use lots of scout traps and FOLLOW your tank into the brush. Hope this helps!
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » July 3, 2015 12:13am | Report
As a Taka player I'm not sure you would consider Taka OP-ed. When played well you can clean out the entire team in ten seconds, but he's also incredibly fragile if you know how to shut him down.

For starters, until I get X-Retsu, I'm pretty much useless against any player who is competent enough to not over-extend. In the interest of getting to Lvl 6 as quickly as possible, I'm also going to focus on farming the jungle, which in turn means that I will favor attack over invisibility. These observations mean that if you catch me in the jungle in early game and for any reason my support is not with me, I'm toast. I likely do not have very high attack speed, and my support will not have Fountain of Renewal yet to save me. Even if I'm with my support and you prioritize me over the tankier support, I'm toast. I could run away, but depending on the circumstances that would potentially mean leaving my support to die at your hands. Do this enough times, and I will lag behind in terms of level and gold. Once Taka starts lagging behind, his effectiveness at assassination decreases significantly.

Now let's suppose you left me alone (or I'm good enough to not get foiled by you) and I reach the stage where I have a bit of a level advantage and say, Tension Bow + Tyrant's Monacle. Now my goals are to occasionally stray up to the bushes by my laner, where I can take out the enemy laner in cooperation with my laner. More often than not, I'm only successful if the enemy laner over-extends. If the enemy laner is quick enough to retreat to the cover of their turret, I have to make a decision on whether I want to cloak (for the speed boost) and go in for the kill. In order for me to do that, I have to make sure that I have enough HP to take a couple hits from the turret on the way out.

What does this mean? This means that if I'm a support/jungler and I see the enemy taka appear in lane, I'm on my way there. I'm looking to catch him at the moment he uncloaks, or else to just present a fatter target for Taka to deal with while my laner warps back to base. If I'm playing lane or support, I mine the bushes and flanks of the turret as soon as I can.

In ganks, as Taka, I'm looking for the thinnest person, or the person with the highest DPS. Normally these tend to be one and the same, and I come to these conclusions by looking at builds. If there's a Saw with two Sorrowblades and one Serpent's Mask, I'm definitely going for him first because I want the additional damage from my Tension Bow and stacks to take down his HP enough for the rest of my team to finish him off. I'm also going to be staying a small distance away from the rest of my team, because if I get caught by any ults, I'm dead.

What does this mean? This means that if you're smart about it, you will catch and stun me while I'm somewhat separated from my team. Notice that Taka's skills naturally cover a lot of area. X-Retsu and my A skill both put me on the other side of the enemy. If you stun me there, there's a higher chance I won't make it, and since I'm likely the main damage dealer in my team, you can now take your time with the rest of them.

When Taka starts running away, we either flat out run for a turret, or try to be sly about it by hiding outside your field of vision (read: bushes and the area behind the minion mines). If you mine those areas, I will curse, because I was probably already low on HP and now it's even lower. Therefore when supports build Contraption and start pokka-dotting the map with mines, my life gets somewhat harder.

Skilled Taka players will still be on the look-out for a kill while running away. If my HP is low but the rest of my team has done a significnat amount of damage, I'm going to cloak and wait for my skills to recharge. While that happens, I'm going to run towards you instead of running away. You're likely trying to leave the gank (by just staying behind the rest of your team), which makes you a very good target. If I know I can take you in one hit, I might just do it to increase the odds for my team, maybe get killed, and if that really happens, pop a beer and relax for 30 seconds.

What does this mean? If you're leaving the battlefield, try not to initiate a warp out in the open. Stay within the bushes, where I can't target you without getting close myself. Every time someone has done that and I tried to follow, I tend to end up being the one getting killed by a good swipe.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » July 3, 2015 12:08pm | Report
Thanks for the input guys, I'll make sure to use it next time I'm battling Krul and Taka
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 4, 2015 12:53pm | Report
All I see are walls of texts... Which I don't plan on reading.

I wouldn't call them overpowered. They're good & painful to be up against, but they can be shut down quite easily. Taka is fragile; krul has no escape mechanism & struggles in certain situations. I'm happy where both of these heroes are at
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RandallFlagg » July 5, 2015 12:03pm | Report
I'd been on and off with Taka. Not long ago he was just way to squishy to be of any value late game because it was hard to get hits on a turret without getting dropped when pushing in general or with a Kraken. With latest updates, I've come back to him, and the biggest thing that helped me break out of Hotness was just keeping him at 5 stacks as much of the time as possible. I've gotta hope I can do some big burst damage enough to make the enemy think twice about engaging me, but if I lose the upper hand, I've got no box escape for a little bit because I've been using it to maintain my stacks while covering distance. But with a tension bow and then crit, crit, crit usually scares them into trying to escape. Playing against him I'd keep an eye on the build. If he's only completed TB then the first hit is going to be a huge burst, but the rest won't hurt too bad. TB and SB- you'd better have some slow, health and flares
IGN: RandallFlagg (NA) (read The Stand, folks)
Skill Tier: Simply Amazing
Level: 20
Wins: 950 and counting
I play 'em all- lately killing it with Taka, Fortress, and Vox

RandallFlagg
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 18, 2015 7:55am | Report
You shouldn't have bothered posting this. People will post the same ******** reply of : "BUT YOU CAN COUNTER BUILD HIM* lists over 9000 items that make you useless against everyone but that specific hero.* stfu these heroes are EXTREMELY op. Why are THEY the exception that they get to build glass cannon and not get punished for it because their abilities are THAT over powered?!?!

Also, about taka's life steal nerf you suggested, instead of hard nerfing it, they should make it only halfway apply to heroes and fully apply to jungle.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cheese Ausar » July 19, 2015 2:28am | Report
i want to die of laughter

Krul is one of my mains, and from my experience if he builds full glass cannon HE IS SCREWED. Stun and silences will also mess his life up. Stop whining about ambushes, IT'S WHAT HE'S MEANT TO DO. Flare guns and traps exist for a reason. Heck, if you have a Celeste on your team you will never be ambushed.

Taka? Pfft, counter-build him. If he's going WP Metal Jacket will ruin his life. CP Taka will be harder to kill, but if your support isn't completely useless he should be stunned/peeled/debuffed. Don't complain about his Kaku because Flare Guns exist. Not going to buy some? Too bad.

Yangusbeef wrote:

You shouldn't have bothered posting this. People will post the same ******** reply of : "BUT YOU CAN COUNTER BUILD HIM* lists over 9000 items that make you useless against everyone but that specific hero.* stfu these heroes are EXTREMELY op. Why are THEY the exception that they get to build glass cannon and not get punished for it because their abilities are THAT over powered?!?!

Also, about taka's life steal nerf you suggested, instead of hard nerfing it, they should make it only halfway apply to heroes and fully apply to jungle.

Taka is a glass cannon by default. He is greatly punished by burst damage and debuffs. How are his abilities even overpowered anyway? Taka has recieved almost no change since his release, so why is everyone whining about him now?
a no life VG player who doesn't yell "UNSKILLED PLAY" when he dies

a jack-of-all-trades, can play pretty much any hero, but not exceptional

REMEMBER, HE HAS NO LYFE

check out my cath guide: http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/caps-lock-catherine-incomplete-11533

Cheese Ausar
Remarkable (20)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Droclivity » July 19, 2015 10:32pm | Report
Both Krul and Taka are the type of hero you don't want to be attacked by on your own. If you're having that much trouble with these heroes in particular, it might speak more to your play style than their strengths.

I do think Taka's passive is a little over the top, but it's certainly nothing game breaking.

Droclivity
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved