Vainglory Forums

Matchmaking

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 14, 2016 9:46pm | Report
I reckon there should be but honestly just ping yourself it's so amazing and beautiful.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 15, 2016 9:39am | Report
The pings itself are usually not the problem, but in 99% of the cases the person who ?-pings is also the person that goes WP with Koshka or the Supporter who decides to leave the 3v3 with full life. The ?-ping is just the finishing touch.
InGame-Name: NoxTenebra
Region: EU
Wins: 300+
Highest Rank Achieved: Pretty Good Bronze
Main Laners: WP Glaive, CP Skye, CP Adagio, WP Adagio,
Main Junglers: WP/Tank Krul, WP Glaive, CP Skye
Main Supporters: Tank/Clockwork Glaive, Tank/Shatterglass Adagio

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 15, 2016 12:57pm | Report
Disappointing you have to get matched with people like this, all you can do is hope for competent team mates, carry your bad ones (which is much harder then it sounds) or play with friends. It does happen sometimes, it's just better to think of a excuse of blaming yourself not your team mate, if you can think of a reason why you failed, you can fix it and get better at the game, you can always create excuses for your team mates but it's not like that will help you improve or learn.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 15, 2016 4:16pm | Report
Well it's disappointing you've turn into a matchmaking hater as it is a amazing system. I probably won't respond back to this anymore, not helping someone until they have calmed down and released how much of a good company Super Evil Mega Corp actually is and how hard working they are.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 15, 2016 4:45pm | Report
I've tried to explain it to you in a nice way but here's the hard truth:

The matchmaking is fine the way it is. What's wrong is how you play. An AFK or a bad teammate is not a good enough excuse if you keep losing. 10 losses in a row? If you deserve to rank up you would've won at least one.

Play a carry hero or with a party. It's what everyone is saying and is simple but no one seems to listen. This is the only way if you keep losing. You've stated that you do play Skye. That's a start. Now either play with good teammates or get better with Skye so you can carry the team. It's harder than it sounds but if you really want to win you got to do this.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh and rude but me and others are getting tired of people hating on the matchmaking for them losing even though it was partly their fault. You're not as good as you think.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 16, 2016 5:35am | Report
I don't think that I'm a super skilled player, but I know I'm better than the Ringo who attacks the Kraken alone with the enemy team in the bush next to the Kraken and I'm better than the Catherine who decides to leave a 3v3 with almost full life...
I know that I can still learn a lot, sorry if I seemed like I over-estimated myself and also sorry for the last comment, happened in ragemode... I know that's not such a great excuse but well...

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 16, 2016 5:44am | Report
Just to clarify, I really like Vainglory. It's also not SEMC's fault that there are trolls and AFKs, and it might be the case that matchmaking would be amazing without those, but I feel like the number of trolls and AFKs is significantly increasing so the matchmaking needs to be adapted to this...
Sorry again for the comment yesterday, this post should just clarify in less offensive words what I wanted to say.

I don't really know why, but three weeks ago the matchmaking really changed for me, before my teammates were as good as me or even better, I had way less AFKs than now, and after that point I got matched with way more AFKs, trolls etc. Maybe this is only for me, but who knows.

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » February 16, 2016 6:54am | Report
Something seriously has changed since I joined a team. Everyone is so nice and pro. Now we are also using the ? Ping for a beautiful reason. Now in any match we play, the roamer ? Himself to ask from his allies where he should be.
Now i have found out that matchmaking isn't that bad after all. When u go solo u have to expect anything cause I just played with a ringo who had 70 cs in 27 mins. Thought he is a noob but when added him, his POA tier made me laugh.
He said he wasn't in the mood to fucos on the game and apologized. We played a Match after and he was a really poa.
Thats why I say u have to expect ANYTHING In solo q, if u don't enjoy playing with ur random guild mates(which I love :) Try to make or join a team of ur closest friends and play only with them. U will see how sweet ur games(both lose and win) will become.

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 16, 2016 7:23am | Report
Actually I am in an active guild, but sadly it seems like many times they play at different times of the day than me. I think it would be great if you had something like a guild searcher where you could define e. g. the level, the number of members etc (just like the clan search in CoC), because I think the guild feature has way more potential that could be used.

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aicfan71189 » February 20, 2016 7:18am | Report
uncrudable wrote:

I have devised the most hilarious way for winning ranked matches with toxic bad team mates, this way it make the game funny for you and keeps you calm. At least it works for me anyway.

So what I do when someone question marks me is instead of getting Ebola and losing the match I question mark my self and it makes my games hilarious question marking myself. Like if I fail, question mark myself, someone gets mad at me, question mark myself. Etc, it also calms your ******ed team mate down too sometimes because they think that they know you screwed up much makes them happy to be right and have the wrong agree. This may sound like a ****py method but it's really good for me LOL.

Anyway if that doesn't work if you get salty after a match just take a half an hour break or so then come back later when your not frustrated so your anger doesn't interfere with your gameplay. Matchmaking is a good system it just looks like you had some bad RNG, drops like this should be expected if solo queuing, so get over it and keep pushing through the ranks. If I sound a inspirational coach, then good, if not then what if I told you get a donut when you reach vain glorious.

Exactly this. If you get salty, you start making more mistakes and your teammates lose hope. Have fun, after all it is a game. If you feel yourself getting mad, take a break. Your skill tier will reset after this season and you'll start back at 1 again with your highest trophy, so no point in getting upset. Just focus on getting better.

Aicfan71189
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved