Vainglory Forums

To: Players on loosing streak

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » April 15, 2015 8:00pm | Report
Went from Hotness gold all the way down to Pretty Good bronze lol...one helluva drop.

Now back up to Hotness silver again. Been a push & pull for the last 5 games we'll see what happens.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Elandriel » April 16, 2015 8:33am | Report
If you're in Hotness bronze or below, take the opportunity to learn different characters. It's not hard to get into The Hotness if you find a hero that fits your play style, so don't be afraid of squandering what tier you have.

I carried teams with Adagio and Catherine until I got to Simply Amazing bronze, where I had a huge losing streak and dropped to Hotness bronze. Then I found a build and play style with Celeste that works for me and I shot up to Simply Amazing Silver. Now I find I win more than 75% of games I play with Celeste or Krul, but lose 50% or so in games that I play Glaive, Catherine, or Petal, which were 3 heroes I was previously pretty decent at.

There's a huge difference in skill in Hotness and Simply Amazing (maybe not every game, but overall), and it pays to have a hero or 2 (or 3) that you're really comfortable with. So my advice, that I really didn't follow myself and now I regret it, is to focus on being good at a few different heroes BEFORE you focus on climbing tiers.

Forget the tier, just experiment with different heroes and different builds. Be good at a carry and a support, because this allows you to be more flexible with solo queueing, which leads to more wins.

Also, watch videos/streams and read guides. The best way to get better, is to watch people play who are better than you. Don't just focus on what they're doing, focus on what the enemy team is doing and try finding the relationship between that and how your video host responds, and vice versa.

My biggest piece of advice, the one that I see good players follow and bad players ignore: do not be afraid to walk away from a fight. If your enemy is low health and is JUST BARELY outside your reach, do not pursue unless you can guarantee the kill without dying yourself. Sometimes it's better to force them to retreat to the base and simply enter the jungle and steal their enemies or push their lane, than it is to streeetch for the kill and end up dying yourself to "late-to-the-fight" enemies or turrets.

And last but not least, set your frame of mind to understand that you're going to lose games. The more upset you get, the worse you play, period. If you're mad, put the game down and walk away. I'll quit playing for the night after a loss because I know I'm getting tired and mad, and I'll end up making more play mistakes. Walk away.
Celeste/Krul/Glaive
Highest Tier: Simply Amazing
Wins: 375+

Elandriel
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » April 16, 2015 6:19pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

Decreased from SA to Pretty Good because of idiotic teammates. Congrats, cheers mates! Good one!

Why is it that every time you come on here, you rant about teammates??

That's a hell of a drop & I think it's safe to say that a few of the games in there might have been your fault. As a simply amazing player I've never dropped below mid hotness.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » April 17, 2015 3:27am | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

Why is it that every time you come on here, you rant about teammates??

That's a hell of a drop & I think it's safe to say that a few of the games in there might have been your fault. As a simply amazing player I've never dropped below mid hotness.

It's quiet obvious that I have also made mistakes. But in fairness I can assert that 5 out of 7 games it was not my fault and I have tried my best to help out my teammates. I know that K/D ratio doesn't count but yet my kills and assists are speaking for itself.
Actually I was quiet surprised that even at skilltier level SA I had the pleasure to match with 2 players with absolutely disproportionate skills and bad behaviour. Not to mention their terrible builds.
Maybe it's because of my region? Or maybe it was because of the certain time I was playing - in the middle of the night when usually "normal" people are supposed to be sleeping. I don't know it.
But I still keep matching (even though less now) with people who clearly don't fit with my skilltier level.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ksoros » May 7, 2015 7:43am | Report
We're only human, so good days & bad are to be expected...But, when I play (especially "badder" than usual) win or loose, it seems helpful during the end of game screens to reflect on what we're the pivotal moments - was it really my "****pie" teammates - sometimes it is - or am I mad at myself for being impatient, etc., & how would different choices by me at these key junctures have changed the outcome & most importantly, is there a take away to better my/my team's future play. If the above helps, great. If nothing resonates [used by permission, per Vox) please disregard.

Happy hunting to all.

ksoros
Quote | PM | +Rep by Amphyria » May 8, 2015 6:52pm | Report
;A; Just lost a game because someone AFK'd, and we both surrendered. Was at a Gold tier, won about 3-4 matches in Gold tier to get to the next level, but ONE MATCH...against a "Guest 23455667" whatever-number account and I'm down to Silver tier. *cries so hard on the inside* All that hard work, gone. I didn't get a loosing streak - just one game, and it took me down to Silver.

I would love to see a "payback" system - when a person AFKs, and their team surrenders, the ELO lost by the non-AFKers gets repaid back by the AFKer instead. That way the penalty isn't as hard, and the AFKer thinks twice about when or where they start playing - regardless of the reason.

Amphyria
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 8, 2015 8:24pm | Report
I'm actually all for the above, or some other scheme which is more equitable to people who put in effort, only to get busted by AFKers or absolute jokers who have no idea what they're doing. I've been on the receiving end of far too many of these things.

For one, past a certain point in the tier system it should become such that people who have not yet created an account do not get placed in the queue. Yes, from a UI and accessibility point of view, that creates an additional level in the user acquisition funnel, but if you're at Pretty Good and you're still running Guest_1234567, I have serious doubts about your ability to play the game well, even if you do ultimately do a good job. I'm more likely to incur the 10 minute forfeit penalty than get into a game with you, and in the long run this screws with the four other players in the room and fudges the matching system. Yay!

Alternatively, match people by AFK ratio rather than applying a karma penalty for AFK-ing, which honestly means nothing for people who AFK frequently. That way, people who consistently AFK are punished by being matched with people who also consistently AFK, creating a thoroughly pointless game experience for them.

EDIT: Whee, here we go. I just came from three matches in which we were originally winning, only to have a player AFK on us. Couldn't even surrender because the player just sat in the base and didn't do anything. Voting the player as AFK clearly doesn't do ****.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Greg » May 10, 2015 1:52pm | Report
Well how about guys that are on a losing streak and have afk when im on karma lvl19

Greg
Quote | PM | +Rep by Astrianna » May 10, 2015 7:06pm | Report
I feel like Karma level is an indication of how much you've played, but not necessarily how well you play (not to say that there isn't a correlation between the two, just that the strength of the correlation is not high). One could theoretically lose every single match one played in, but with enough perseverance they would still reach a high Karma level, unless I'm mistaken about the way Karma is awarded.

Losing should definitely not be punished as heavily as AFK-ing, because everyone has good days and bad. However if one sits down to play a match, I think it's fair to expect that one finishes that match. Granted, emergencies do occur, which is why you would technically not be too bothered if you had to AFK a single game. However chronic behavior of this kind adversely affects the other two players on your team, who might have otherwise been doing well.
IGN: Astrianna (NA)
Best Skill Level Achieved: Simply Amazing Bronze
Karma Level: 20
Best Heroes: Vox, Taka, Fortress
Training Heroes: Celeste, Rona

"How many Saws does it take to- one to instalock."

Astrianna
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lavenderly » May 10, 2015 10:59pm | Report
Just wondering how they determine the skill tier? I have been winning but I am still at Not Bad Bronze. One game lost and I am up at Getting There Gold. Next few games have been won too but I am down to Not Bad Bronze again. What am I doing wrong?

Lavenderly

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved