Vainglory Forums

What characters work well with eachother

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 2, 2015 6:58pm | Report
I solo queue a lot and i always soft pick my character and wait to see if my team will be a good fit. I was hoping to gain more insight on possible strategies to improve my game. feel free to add me to play Kingkush

KingKush
Quote | PM | +Rep by Killerbannapple » June 3, 2015 7:07am | Report
from my experiance the best team compositions look like this...

Saw, adagio, and a strong jungle hero like krul, joule or koshka.
-weapon saw combined with agent of wrath deals massive damage
-adagios healing provides better survivabiliy for saw who is normally quite squishy
-krul or koshka can survive on their own in the jungle if they are using a good build

catherine, krul and ringo also work well together
-carerines stun alows krul to stick to his target
-ringo is capable of holding the lane alown alowing for the jungle heros to focus on their objective, holding the mines.
-krul deals large amounts of damage often casuing enemeys to target him fist letting ringo deal damage without dying instantly in a team fight.

-avoid using teams of all lane heros as it usually results in the loss of minion mines and gold mine
-dont use catherine and ardan on the same team as you will seriosly lack damage

this is just my opinion playing so far
krul has nice facial hair...

Killerbannapple
Quote | PM | +Rep by PolaDaBear » June 3, 2015 10:03am | Report
I will agree with what was said above.

Something that I found through experience that doesn't work is a Joule and a Glaive.

I usually main as a tank Glaive and admittedly kept screwing over my teammate Joule on a number of occasions by Afterburning in and knocking enemies around. Unfortunately the Joule on my team was also trying to jump on top of them to stun them. Often I would knock the enemy out of the path of Joule and actually help the enemy. This was largely my fault and it should be noted that I was solo queueing so I really had no way to communicate with the Joule my intentions, but I have found this to be true on a number of occasions. That might be a combo I would avoid.

Lastly, I have found that Vox is a great character to lock as if you are unsure the intentions of your teammates, as far as if they are going to be laning or not. Especially characters like Joule & Petal, who could potentially play in both places, Vox offers the flexibility to play both fairly well and he has saved me on a number of occasions in balancing out a team when my teammates did not declare their location intentions on the lock screen.

My dream team would be Glaive, Ringo, and Taka with Glaive tanking and the other two going pure damage. The burst damage of Taka combined with the escability and crowd control of Glaive and the chase/kite ability by Ringo makes for a deadly combo.

Cheers!

PolaDaBear
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlottoBrah » June 3, 2015 11:45am | Report
For me, if no one picks laner, I go Petal.

If they pick Koshka or Taka, I usually go Ardan and tank for them while they go pure damage.

If they pick Catherine or Ardan, I go Koshka... same reason as above.

Anyone else, it's a toss up. Maybe Glaive if we have no team stuns.
IGN: BlottoBrah
Karma Level: 19
Region: NA

BlottoBrah
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » June 4, 2015 4:24pm | Report
A strong laner with a jungle tank and a high powered jungle player is generally what does best. The ringo, koshka, Ardan combo is always fantastic.

Saw adagio combos do not work well, despite what the previous poster said. While the damage may be great, both are reallyyyy easy to pick on. He was, however, right on the Catherine ringo krul combo. He was worried about losing minion mines, which kind of indicates less experience :/

Watch the livestreams for good ideas. Jungle players have to stick together, so having a tank+Jungler combo works great if the tank gives the jungler all the last hits. I've seen a lot of success with Celeste+ WP Vox+ Catherine or Ardan combos.

Added you btw!
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » June 4, 2015 8:47pm | Report
When I see a Saw on my team, I almost always go with Ardan. With Saw's Spin Up in the middle of a fight, Ardan's Vanguard (with a well timed Fountain of Renewal) is a great fit to either keep him alive or get him moving for a quick escape with his reduced mobility. It would probably be easier to list the heroes that don't work well together, with PolaDaBear listing the most obvious of Glaive/Joule. It sounds so cliche, but it will mostly come down to player ability.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » June 4, 2015 9:17pm | Report
After just wrecking a team with saw in simply amazing gold, I'd like to point out that nobody uses saw past the hotness, & even there he's a rare sight as you move higher up. The fact that he can't hardly move in fights severely limits him. Combos with saw aren't good period.

Also, I feel like I should mention- try to avoid combos that are ONLY crystal or WP. This can really hurt a team's damage output when the other team catches on & starts building armor or shield; I've seen good matches lost because one team leaned too far in one direction. hybrid teams always seem to be relatively successful.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » June 4, 2015 10:49pm | Report
Bootylicious wrote:

After just wrecking a team with saw in simply amazing gold, I'd like to point out that nobody uses saw past the hotness, & even there he's a rare sight as you move higher up. The fact that he can't hardly move in fights severely limits him. Combos with saw aren't good period.

I agree. I mostly play in Hotness, and he's not around much. But when I see him, Ardan is my best hope to support him for the reasons I gave. Ardan's Vanguard is the only thing other thanWarhorn(which I don't typically build) to get Saw anywhere close to mobile. The cooldown on Warhorn and boots makes this too unreliable if Saw also has his Roadie Run unavailable. My Ardan is usually Fountain of Renewal(x2) and Clockwork(x2) to drop Vanguard and healing on Saw to keep him blasting away. Its's the best thing I've found to playing with Saw to give us a real fighting chance. You can only do the best with the cards you're dealt in solo Q....
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 6, 2015 1:35pm | Report
Thank you for all the tips! The saw tips in particular. ive been maiming with him a lot but I'm good with taka and celeste as well. I hear taka isn't good in the higher levels either tho. But saw is mobile if he maxes out boots and has roadie run available. I usually use it only as an escape route when I max stacks. I love using saw. Just a little sad to hear he isn't good in higher tiers. I'm loving all the tips but it would be hard to indicate a lot of these things in solo queue tho. I've been playing in parties and doing a lot better but sometimes no one is in so I gotta solo queue :(

Any tips in particular for saw taka and celeste? I just turned pretty good bronze so I don't have to worry about super experienced players schooling me just yet lol

And we should play sometime boottyicious! I'm usually on anywhere from 2pm-7pm pacific

KingKush
Quote | PM | +Rep by KingKush » June 6, 2015 1:36pm | Report
And thank you for all the replies!!!!

KingKush

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved