Vainglory Forums

Who thinks we need a new ping?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by RxyDxy » January 10, 2017 9:50am | Report
I think we really need a clock ping. Cos right now there's no way to clearly inform my teammates that my key spells are on cooldown. I usually use the yellow/danger ping on myself hoping that they will realize I'm not ready, but more often than not teammates take a fight regardless which usually ends up in defeat. What other useful pings do you guys think we need?
IGN: RxyDxy
Region: SEA
Current Rank: The Hotness (Silver)
Favourite Heroes: Koshka, Rona, Flicker, Alpha

RxyDxy
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » January 10, 2017 11:12am | Report
Why not just use a chat system? Too many pings would make things too complicated IMO.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » January 10, 2017 11:30am | Report
I vote for less pings
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » January 11, 2017 8:14am | Report
I think that they could have a couple "Hot Phrases" like "No" or "Rotate Up/Down" Something needs to change for the better with these pings tho.
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » January 14, 2017 11:48pm | Report
I do think that phrases would be nice, but I do think that the current pings allow a pretty good degree of communication for how simple they are (especially when you want to flame someone :) )

354RRR
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Desso » January 15, 2017 3:31am | Report
Eh I'd say predefined words over pings would be good.
"Yes"
"No"
"Danger"
"Missing"
"Wait"
"Target"
They'd still be able to be applied onto the map and other players like pings, though.
IGN: Zulkarmey
Region: SEA
Guild: Insanity SEA[Sane]
Mains: Taka, Skaarf, Lyra

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Desso
Quote | PM | +Rep by inderpable » January 26, 2017 6:07am | Report
Monsterjake wrote:

I think that they could have a couple "Hot Phrases" like "No" or "Rotate Up/Down" Something needs to change for the better with these pings tho.

That's a pretty good idea. The only problem is that the words would have to be translated across other languages, which might result in their intended meanings being lost in the process.

inderpable
Quote | PM | +Rep by Lattethunda » January 29, 2017 6:09pm | Report
I think pings like "Wait" or "Heal Me" with more specific meanings that can't be left to interpretation would fix a lot of confusion and improve gameplay/teamwork. Another way to fix this would be to specify the existing ping's meanings by either changing them or releasing a, "ping guide" to help players know what pings mean. Maybe even a chat would help! I know this will never happen, and the idea is already out there, but it would be nice.
-Lattethunda-

Lattethunda
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hershey Lollipop » February 6, 2017 12:55pm | Report
I think certain pings for certain hero's would be help full such as a invis ping for flicker then everyone knows that there going invisible.
IGN : Hershey_Lolipop
Region: USA
Main: Cathrin, Taka
Practicing: Adagio, Samuel
Skill Tier : Getting There
"In order to succeed, you must first believe that you can."
"To come out of a desperate situation and make a complete return in one sudden burst."

Hershey Lollipop
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KoizumiPanayo » February 8, 2017 6:20pm | Report
Nah but I vote for less pings
(And please someone destroy that question mark ping permanently pleaseeee)

KoizumiPanayo
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved