Vainglory Forums

Who thinks we need a new ping?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » February 17, 2017 4:42pm | Report
i think we need a thumb down ping

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hershey Lollipop » February 21, 2017 9:52am | Report
Make a voting system on this thread please it would help out.
IGN : Hershey_Lolipop
Region: USA
Main: Cathrin, Taka
Practicing: Adagio, Samuel
Skill Tier : Getting There
"In order to succeed, you must first believe that you can."
"To come out of a desperate situation and make a complete return in one sudden burst."

Hershey Lollipop
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 21, 2017 10:22am | Report

Nah but I vote for less pings
(And please someone destroy that question mark ping permanently pleaseeee)

Why?

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 21, 2017 1:39pm | Report
I think WAIT is a necessary ping.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 23, 2017 10:34am | Report
Krystalline wrote:

I think WAIT is a necessary ping.

You could kind of use the caution sign for that

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KoizumiPanayo » February 23, 2017 10:31pm | Report
Wait guys, what does the purple question mark ping means actually?
Like I get that all other pings have their meanings and uses...but this purple guy here, it just being used by trollers or sometimes by players who are just trying to be an A.hole... Trust me, I played with this player, and the whole match was full of that fricking sound from the purple question mark ping, but he/she was just staying in our base, doing. absolutely. nothing!
But I do think that pings containing keywords could work well, like "WAIT" or "TARGET" would be easier to understand, but this would be hard to understand by non-English players to be honest.

KoizumiPanayo
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 28, 2017 12:28pm | Report

Wait guys, what does the purple question mark ping means actually?
Like I get that all other pings have their meanings and uses...but this purple guy here, it just being used by trollers or sometimes by players who are just trying to be an A.hole... Trust me, I played with this player, and the whole match was full of that fricking sound from the purple question mark ping, but he/she was just staying in our base, doing. absolutely. nothing!
But I do think that pings containing keywords could work well, like "WAIT" or "TARGET" would be easier to understand, but this would be hard to understand by non-English players to be honest.

Use it as a question, ping gold mine asking, are we going to go for it?
Ping when the enemy disappears from lane asking, where did they go?
Be a ******* and ping your teammates asking, WTF is wrong with you?
Ping the enemy brush to ask your support to face check
Etc

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » March 1, 2017 4:23am | Report
"No" pings would be nice. Currently I can use the OK ping but there's no HELL NO ping. The Danger ping just feels like "There's something dangerous there" and doesn't really have the HELL NO meaning to the people I play with
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » March 1, 2017 8:35am | Report
Man people are really on the fence right now. Most people say that we just need more specific pings while others are like all pings suck. Personally, although I feel like a chat system would be helpful in the higher ranks, they would just eventually degenerate into toxicity all around. More specific pings would be nice I guess although it might make things too complicated, and it would probably be pretty hard to add a bunch of new pings to the game.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ArcaneBlitz » March 5, 2017 5:29pm | Report
I wouldn't mind more pings. A Clock Ping like you mention to indicate to your teamates what actives or abilities are on cooldown is a nice idea. Either more pings or they can implement cooldowns on the scoreboard. So for example, if you open the score board it can show what items are on cooldown so your team mates can decide if it's best to wait for your Captains items to be off cooldown before initiating a fight. I've seen some fights decided by a single Fountain.

ArcaneBlitz
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved