Vainglory Forums

Baptiste Abilities & Splash Art Reveal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » April 12, 2017 8:03am | Report

Baptiste dictates battle by striking fear into the heart of his enemies. Reaping the souls of his opponents, he both sustains himself and empowers his attacks and abilities. He commands his army of shades to either lock down unsuspecting victims or terrorize entire teams, forcing them to flee from him.

Read on for Baptiste’s abilities…

Hero Abilities

Reap - (Heroic Perk)

Baptiste steals soul fragments through combat and is healed for each soul fragment acquired. Basic attacks and abilities generate soul fragments. Once Baptiste has collected four soul fragments he becomes empowered for four seconds, increasing the damage of his basic attacks and abilities. While empowered, Baptiste no longer generates additional soul fragments.

Bad Mojo - (A)

Baptiste pulls a vial of liquid from his vest and throws it. The vial explodes upon reaching its target or when colliding with an enemy. Enemies near the explosion take damage and are slowed.

Ordained - (B)

Baptiste ordains a target enemy, damaging them and creating an ethereal prison around them. If the ordained target leaves the area, they are stunned and take additional damage.

Fearsome Shade - (C)

Baptiste summons waves of shade that terrorize enemies caught in their path. Enemies struck by the shade run from the source in fear and take damage each second.

Picking A Path

Baptiste has hidden synergy with some of his abilities depending on your build style. Read below to see what those bonuses do for you.

Building Crystal Items

Baptiste is primarily a crystal mage, but he becomes most powerful with careful timing of his abilities. Using an ability while the Reap perk is empowered results in double damage, so be sure to max your soul fragments before using a lengthy cooldown like Ordained.

Bad Mojo grants soul fragments for each enemy hero hit, but the healing is delayed during the animation. Use this delay to your advantage by hitting multiple enemy heroes with Bad Mojo after gaining three soul fragments. The delayed stacks will heal you, even if you are empowered.

Building Weapon Items

Baptiste alternates between two stages while fighting:
  • Reaping soul fragments and healing with each basic attack means high attack speed both heals him faster and reduces the time before becoming empowered again.
  • Once empowered, Baptiste deals 25% bonus damage with all his basic attacks!
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » April 12, 2017 11:02am | Report
Baptiste seems like he's melee, but he's a mage, but he's got no mobility, wut? But he looks...

SNAZZY!

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » April 12, 2017 11:45am | Report
He's got a lot of abilities to help him stay near his target but no mobility to run away since he's all offense. I think he will be primarily a jungler since I think his Bad Mojo will explode against enemy minions and that wouldn't be as effective for laning.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » April 12, 2017 12:19pm | Report
I'm thinking yeah he'll be a Jungler as well but I'm stoked cause he looks really cool plus he looks like the good Dr. Facilier

Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RogueAssassin4756 » April 12, 2017 5:45pm | Report
Ima little disappointed with how he looks... I mean come on he's all about death and fear and his outfit is kinda lame :/ It should be interesting to see everyone reaction to him and how everyone plays him. I'm leaning more towards weapon power than I am crystal, but these are just my thoughts.... Really interesting hero, and great job to whoever help make him

RogueAssassin4756
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » April 12, 2017 6:58pm | Report
I can't wait to hear about his lore! Seems like he's married because of that ring on his finger or do people in the world of Vainglory not exchange rings when getting married?

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheOriginalTwizz » April 12, 2017 10:45pm | Report
TFDeathRay wrote:

I can't wait to hear about his lore! Seems like he's married because of that ring on his finger or do people in the world of Vainglory not exchange rings when getting married?

Perhaps the stolen soul fragments are stored in the ring?

TheOriginalTwizz
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » April 13, 2017 2:05am | Report
I would like him to wear a skull mask
Hope it is in the skin
IGN: Thangproz
Server: SEA
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by N0IZYB0Y » April 17, 2017 12:10pm | Report
Second black hero in the game. I like him cus hes black

N0IZYB0Y
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheMinuteman » April 20, 2017 5:07am | Report
@Noizyboy thats racist

TheMinuteman
Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved