Vainglory Forums

Dealing with AFKs: Steps Against Repeat Offenders

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » December 23, 2014 1:24pm | Report

Effective immediately, it takes significantly fewer AFKs before players are considered "repeat offenders." Once deemed repeat offenders, those players will be matched with other leavers. This lasts until they demonstrate they can consistently finish matches. If they don't, they can hang out with the rest of the AFKers away from the players who care.

Read the full post here.

Mowen
<Administrator>
Remarkable (47)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 23, 2014 3:49pm | Report
Lol win
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by echoman » December 23, 2014 5:13pm | Report
Don't know how this work, but great!
IGN: echoman
Region: NA
Main: Petel
Also good with: Ringo, Skaarf
Skill tier- The Hotness
Karma level: 18

echoman
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 23, 2014 6:05pm | Report
echoman wrote:

Don't know how this work, but great!

If players stop playing and abandon a match multiple times, they will now sooner be put in deserter queue with other players who afk to help let the players who don't afk enjoy the game more with hopefully less abandoners.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by WarStar » December 24, 2014 4:53am | Report
Aha, fantastic! The Vain Glory sorting system is shaping up very well. Love you guys! ⭐️

WarStar
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smackatudie » December 24, 2014 9:14am | Report
How about an Early Surrender option that kicks in 60 seconds after a player goes AFK? More than a minute sitting at your home base (once your health reaches maximum, or you respawn) is a good indication of AFKness, for whatever reason.

It's a waste of time to play 2 on 3 against a good team while you're waiting for the surrender clock to run, not to mention very frustrating.

I'd also like to suggest an almost logarithmic scale for penalizing AFKers. One or two times, meh; stuff happens. Three or four, begin penalties. As more accumulate, pile on the penalties rapidly.

Why would I penalize frequent AFKers so severely? They waste my time, which has value. Also, I've done WAY too many games with AFKers and PUGtards (Pick Up Group ******s) who refuse to surrender despite NO chance of victory.

Smackatudie
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » December 24, 2014 6:40pm | Report
Here's my two cents:

I feel like going AFK at times when someone on my team is not being a team player or has low VG IQ and we're losing because of it, all the while they refuse to surrender while we're forced to play a losing game.

However, it's good to know these rules as it provides me with a guideline of how to **** around while still 'participating' when I'm teamed with another *******.

Early surrender button sounds good ^

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by hidigger » December 26, 2014 1:52pm | Report
Having just played two matches essentially by myself against full-teams, this is very important to me. Thank you for addressing this.

When players go AFK for more than a minute, why not split their share of the gold among the other players, so we have a shot at least? I always prefer to keep going, even against the odds. It's fun to frustrate (and even defeat) teams that have the upper hand, especially in 2on3 battles.

That said, when two players drop out during game-time, there's really no chance of survival, let alone a possible win. Reaping their gold could make a huge difference.

hidigger
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Majed5000 » December 27, 2014 4:16am | Report
Add option to surrender will solve AFK!

Majed5000
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smackatudie » December 28, 2014 10:19am | Report
hidigger wrote:

Having just played two matches essentially by myself against full-teams, this is very important to me. Thank you for addressing this.

When players go AFK for more than a minute, why not split their share of the gold among the other players, so we have a shot at least? I always prefer to keep going, even against the odds. It's fun to frustrate (and even defeat) teams that have the upper hand, especially in 2on3 battles.

That said, when two players drop out during game-time, there's really no chance of survival, let alone a possible win. Reaping their gold could make a huge difference.

Smackatudie

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved