Vainglory Forums

Dealing with AFKs: Steps Against Repeat Offenders

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 14, 2015 1:55pm | Report
Reading Smackatudie reminded me of why I came to these forums, because having someone aft for 30 seconds is enough to ruin your chances of winning and make for a dull match. An early concede button, as well as only requiring one player (given the missing player) should be enough to end it.

Otherwise it's just encouraging that team to go AFK while waiting for the ability to concede. I am slowly but surely coming to loath not AFK players, but those who refuse to vote to concede when the match has been lost and there is no chance for leveling/earning gold anymore. And so I feel like being able to force a vote when you have a majority, such as when a player is gone or your team is down enough deaths, should be fine.

It minimizes people's valuable time being lost to a dull situation, one that often isn't fun for either side because it is so lopsided. Though, teams of players in the same room matched against those randomly paired online isn't exactly fun for most either, but the game creators seem to enjoy that sort of spite match.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SATANisGOD » January 15, 2015 9:11am | Report
I dont have too many problems concerning afkers, but my problem is kids who dont know anything about the game. I get games with kids taking petal and playing jungle the whole game, or kids who dont know what to build.
Main: KRUL
Decent w/: Adagio & Ringo
Karma lvl: 6
Teir: Decent-ish
IGN: SATANisGOD

SATANisGOD
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 15, 2015 5:44pm | Report
SATANisGOD, playing with people who don't know how to build can be harsh. Though Petal in the jungle can work fine, I've won several matches when I had a second person (Adagio) who covered lane against a Saw while I leveled in the jungle.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sbetts229 » January 16, 2015 6:22am | Report
I like the idea of splitting the gold between the remaining players. That actually even sounds like it could be fun.

I never start games I don't intend to finish. Having said that, my phone is the only device I have that supports VG and I never know when a client may call. When they do I have to answer or risk losing business. I hate it when that happens and my team has to play 2v3 until I can get back in the game. My only request is that the developers carefully consider how the penalties get implemented.

I have also started games on wifi and moved out of range causing my phone to switch connections. That can cause the game to hang and have to be restarted. My son was playing in the car while traveling and swapping cell towers can cause this to happen as well. It usually only takes a minute to get back in the game so please don't be too harsh with the penalties. Perhaps Karma level should factor into the equation as well.

Whatever the plan, I hope it's effective and appropriate.

sbetts229
Quote | PM | +Rep by Archibear » January 19, 2015 10:32am | Report
Is there any indication to if they have given a player in game an AFK for that game? I've had some stall outs where the game just stops and then all of a sudden I see 5, 10 or 15 seconds of game play scroll by real quick usually ending in my death right after I kill whomever I was chasing. Do I get an AFK for those situations?
Play for keeps, play tough, but always play for fun. When it's not fun... stop!

Archibear
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by R3D-83 » January 20, 2015 5:51am | Report
Sounds good, but I'm on karma level 20 and I still meet with an AFKer in 1 out of 5 matches. Annoying...

R3D-83
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 26, 2015 9:10pm | Report
Archibear, I believe it was announced for awhile but now it is not. If you look at your teammates names there is a green light for them being active and red for offline. I think I spotted it on the scores, otherwise not sure.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » January 28, 2015 6:41pm | Report
I just got the AFK warning last night.

My router took a dump, immediately reset it, waited for it to cycle, restarted the VG app, waited for the connection process to complete, played out the rest of the match and we won.

Got the AFK warning.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hiya360 » February 1, 2015 2:10pm | Report
I don't know about this. Before the most recent update my Ipad would crash trying to get into games so I was dropped int deserter's queue. Now that I can play I am in the deserter's queue and it is hard to get out so maybe they should make it easier to get back into regular queue?

Hiya360

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved