Vainglory Forums

Dealing with AFKs: Steps Against Repeat Offenders

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smackatudie » December 28, 2014 10:20am | Report
I'm not sure that an AFKer would have enough gold to matter, but it's an interesting idea to play around with.

I'm also skeptical that all the gold in the world would matter much in a 1 on 3 match unless the 3 were truly inept. Of course, there are lots of the inept out there, I seem to have a gift for finding them. :(

Smackatudie
Quote | PM | +Rep by hidigger » December 28, 2014 2:23pm | Report
Basically, I'm imagining gold pay-offs growing by a third for each player that AFKs, and if the gold ticker also sped up by a third, even better.

I figure that if can get my build up quicker (before the other team) I'd have a chance at pulling off some hail-mary guerrilla strategies early in the match, before surrender would be an available option.

hidigger
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sasquatch » December 30, 2014 10:00pm | Report
hidigger wrote:

Having just played two matches essentially by myself against full-teams, this is very important to me. Thank you for addressing this.

When players go AFK for more than a minute, why not split their share of the gold among the other players, so we have a shot at least? I always prefer to keep going, even against the odds. It's fun to frustrate (and even defeat) teams that have the upper hand, especially in 2on3 battles.

That said, when two players drop out during game-time, there's really no chance of survival, let alone a possible win. Reaping their gold could make a huge difference.

the gold split up would be a wicked good idea
Stay Frosty

sasquatch
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheNatural » December 31, 2014 7:32pm | Report
Snoopy lives. Afk. :(

TheNatural
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 31, 2014 10:33pm | Report
sasquatch wrote:

the gold split up would be a wicked good idea

Yes this is what happens in DotA2.

But then again, this could be exploited by some teams. I remember in the early days of DotA, when a team is losing, they will -unlock a leaver teammate to acquire their gold, which is fair actually.
But people could make a meta out of it by teaming up with a heavy jungler, afk for a bit, get unlocked, then step back into the fray to use skills whilst her teammates are the ones doing the actual carrying.
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rimpact » January 3, 2015 1:33pm | Report
For the people who continue to AFK in the game you should delete VainGlory there has to be a way in the game for other players to report AFK'ers. I'm loosing battles with these incredible losers.

Rimpact
Quote | PM | +Rep by Smackatudie » January 4, 2015 9:24pm | Report
Rimpact wrote:

For the people who continue to AFK in the game you should delete VainGlory there has to be a way in the game for other players to report AFK'ers. I'm loosing battles with these incredible losers.

Reporting AFKers sounds good to me. I realize that we all go ARK occasionally--Life Happens, the Internet is an imperfect beast, and sometimes the moron roommate resets the modem while you're playing and sadly the law doesn't consider that justification for homicide--but frequent offenders need to be flagged somehow.

I'd also like to see a 10 minute surrender option if you've got an AFKer OR you're down 2:1 or more in kills (maybe 3:1?). Also, in addition to a "friend" option at the end of a match, how about a "keep this PUGtard away from me" option as well? I want to build an UNfriend list in game, like I've already started as a Google Sheet.

Smackatudie
Quote | PM | +Rep by Drewrael » January 8, 2015 4:22pm | Report
Off topic but: whats the consensus between "fight to the end out of respect for the game / your opponents / hope for a tactics turnaround" OR "surrender at the first sight of defeat"?

I don't know how many times our team has won a game where about half way through one of our good players has been spamming surrender.

But then again you don't want to waste everyone's time.

Drewrael
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kalaber » January 8, 2015 6:49pm | Report
We have a lot of Internet connectivity problems at my house. I think its only gone down twice during matches but it takes more than a minute to reconnect. Just sayin.

Kalaber
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » January 8, 2015 8:18pm | Report
I am in favor of an early surrender button more than anything else. It could just be me, but I feel like after about the 6-8th minute you can get a feel if your team stands a chance. First off, if in the selection screen your team gets stuck with 3 laners (or junglers), you might be in trouble. Not saying that I haven't been part of winning teams when this happens, but it is not generally a good sign in my opinion for PUG's. Or if you and a teammate are playing as a team, but you get stuck with one guy who is intent on jungling, no matter how many team deaths you have or turrets getting destroyed, it's going to be a lost cause. would like to have the option to bow out early and not only save my own time, but everyone elses on a lopsided game. This would also be a great option for the AFK'er.

My skill tier is "Pretty Good", so I have a decent amount of games under my belt. I love playing the game, but hate getting dumped with a guy that I could swear has no idea that teamwork wins the game, not a one man army. There has been plenty of times that I've played the 2on3 games and done very well, but never won. I can understand an AFK here and there, but playing with a dumb*** is what really drives me crazy. It stinks to have to sink 15 minutes into a game that you know from the 6-8th minute you have no chance of winning.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved