Vainglory Forums

Another Post About Garbage Teammates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 1, 2016 6:41am | Report
Follow this rule, the 40-40-20 rule, in 40% of your games you will lose, in 40% of your games you will win, and you will play a major role in wether you win or lose in that 20% of games, so you are about even with the amount of games one and lost.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 1, 2016 10:31pm | Report
Never heard dat before but it's a gud way of thinking c:

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aicfan71189 » February 2, 2016 10:24am | Report
I'll say this, if you believe matchmaking is somehow broken (which sometimes it seems it is), you're going to believe it whether it's true or not. The fact of the matter, and what's wrong with all these posts, is that people are quick to blame the matchmaking system because they think they're pro and know what they're doing. Which could not be further from the truth. Just because someone gets good with Skye and has her "dialed in" does not mean you'll win every match. You have to be good at all heroes. Team comps are extremely important. Item builds are just as crucial. Knowing the math behind every single item is amazingly difficult but everything has a time and place on certain heroes. People tend to think one build works great for one hero every time.

The idea that you can carry a **** team isn't a fairy tale. I've had to do it when I was stuck at tier one. I was AWESOME at Krul until I went up against people who knew how to counter him. I get you probably can't win a match when someone goes AFK, but if you try hard enough, you'll get out of a **** MMR and your Elo will begin to rise and you'll start seeing a reduction in AFK's and unskilled teammates. Trust me, I play solo queue all the time and worked out of it from the bottom. SEMC wrote somewhere that your odds of winning in a day are 50/50. Which means if it matches you 10 times in a day, 5 you better win, and 5 against higher skilled opponents, based on collective Elo. Losing 15 times in a row means you should probably step away for a while because you're likely getting mad, losing patience, and therefore making dumb decisions. (Whether you realize it or not) It's a grind man, but you can do it if you play your cards correctly. Watch some YouTube vids. I'd suggest ShinKaigan (probably my favorite with his approach to items and math) or RumblySuperset or gabevizzle. There's so many, and you can even see how one mistake of engaging at the wrong time or being in the wrong place can lose the game completely.

Aicfan71189
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » February 2, 2016 8:14pm | Report
Just finished a Solo Ranked at SA Gold, where the Celeste on my team went Tornado Triggers and Oakhearts, and the Krul on my team went Alternating Currents, and Reflex Blocks. And I was the poor Adagio trying to support them while the enemy team was a Koshka, Fortress and Saw.

I was literally that close to ranking up. And I thought this cancer only happened at lower ranks
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 4, 2016 2:03am | Report
Nice 0.0001 chance match making lol.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ba2dounes » February 24, 2016 4:06am | Report
Well it seems as though thats the general tone of Yolo Queue. I dropped 2 skill tiers in a single day once ( almost had a stroke :p) since then i haven't really recovered. So i feel your pain friend:p anyway try to play with people you know are good players and if no one is available just don't play its not worth the rage.

Ba2dounes
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 24, 2016 6:33am | Report
I find that solo que is a pretty good way to see if you should be able to advance, if you can't carry your team to a win then you are about your skill tier, of course there are exception

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sOmEbboDY » February 24, 2016 10:01am | Report
The thing is that sometimes you're paired with garbage teammates against semi good opponents. And if they instalock and you're stuck with roam, obviously it's not your fault that you lost

sOmEbboDY
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 25, 2016 6:59pm | Report
I can feel you bro. Just lost last 12 games, dropped until pretty good silver. 60% trolls, 30% AFK's and 10% low skill players.

#FML

#ragequitting

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 25, 2016 8:38pm | Report
I just wouldn't start another ranked match after I've lost one even if I don't get I'd go get something to eat or watch a video or something. Sometimes all the bad players play at one time in the day.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved