Vainglory Forums

can anyone explain to me the stats?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Soleus » December 25, 2014 2:32pm | Report
im prety new and still not sure about the stats and bonuses..
1.Armor - reduces dmg from basic attacks. but how much per 1 point?
2.Shield - reduces dmg from abilities attacks. but how much per 1 point?
3.Health regain - +10 mean 10 hp per second?
4.Energy recharge - +5 mean 5 energy points per second?
5.Shield pierce - +15% means ignore 15% defence from the shield? what about the armor?
6.Critical Damage? and Critical chance?
7. if the abilities use 100% of the weapon power + X0% of the crystal power
why not increase the weapon power only? (only few abilities use them 100% of crystal power)

sorry for my ignorance (and poor the grammer)
plz help me understand this game better tnx (:
IGN: Solues
Region: Europe
WINS: 80
Main: Ringo, Koshka
Skill Tier: Decent-ish

Soleus
Quote | PM | +Rep by Soleus » December 27, 2014 4:53pm | Report
up

Soleus
Quote | PM | +Rep by Soleus » December 28, 2014 12:29pm | Report
no one..?

Soleus
Quote | PM | +Rep by Acooookiejar » December 28, 2014 12:30pm | Report
They're are very good questions... But I just don't feel like typing it all right now.. Just call me instead
Character: adagio
Karma level: 13
Need a serious team.
Text me 623 340 9041
Ps.. Domt text me for fun. Text or call for serious game discussions. I'm tired of wasting my time with randoms and unserious players

Oh and for everyone posting their kill death ratio... Post yer assists as well. They probably suck. You probably go jungle with war horns. And let yourself lose the game so you can come on here and say.... Guys! I went 50-0 with koshka
Also... Anyone bragging about karma level and amount of wins..... I dare you to make a new account and only play adagio... See how badly you get raped

Acooookiejar
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 29, 2014 8:48am | Report
http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?threads/i-need-game-calculation-info.1681/

I hope this helps. :)
IGN: Zaffre
Region: Southeast Asia (SEA)
Main: Catherine, Ringo
Skill tier: Pretty Good
Karma level: 11

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » December 29, 2014 10:06am | Report
That link looks like a ton of reading. Here's a bit quicker explanation:

1 & 2) Shield and armor should reduce damage from abilities and basic attacks, respectively, on a 1:1 ratio. To do the math you add up your hero's base armor or shield, plus any bonuses. Do the same for the attack (base attack plus any bonuses), and then find the difference between the two.

3 & 4) Should be on a per second basis. Lifespring, for instance, should give 13 health per second.

5) Just like the rest of the math, this is just as simple. Armor and shield pierce (as found on Tension Bow and Broken Myth) do exactly what you would think. It ignores a % of the enemy hero's armor/shield. Enemy has 100 armor, Tension Bow will take off 15 points; 200 armor means 30 will be ignored.

6) Haven't looked into this too much so I can't say how crit damage works, but it's obviously more than normal :P As for crit chance, there has to be some starting amount, but there's no documentation that I've come across. Based off the fact that only weapon power items give extra crit chance/damage, crits may only be possible by basic attacks. So heros like Taka, Ringo, and Glaive will benefit from Tyrant's Monocle.

7) Using a build that might seem counter-intuitive to how a hero is normally played can give you an advantage over opponents who do not check the score board to see how enemies are building. Other than that, it comes down to preference, sometimes the added effect from one item might outway the fact that it's not in line with the rest of your build. Petal players often times grab a Frostburn and then go straight weapon power. Or it could even be you're playing novice players who haven't spent the time to learn their hero :P
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Soleus » December 29, 2014 1:29pm | Report
tnx wolf_hands

Soleus
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 29, 2014 4:44pm | Report
+rep to wolf_hands, thanks for simplifying it bro! :)

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Zaffre » December 29, 2014 4:45pm | Report
By the way, Crit (edit) Damage begins at 50% of basic attack as stated in @Lucky Strike.

P.S. How do you link heroes/items? XD

Zaffre
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » December 29, 2014 6:07pm | Report
Zaffre is almost right right. Crit chance starts at 0% for all heroes. But 50% for crit damage. So, unless you snag yourself a Tyrant's Monocle or have a skill that ups crit chance you won't be doing crits (which are show a bit flashier and with a '!' after the number).

Based off the tweet below, you can see a lvl 1 Petal showing 0% crit chance. The question mark is to show that it is most likely not possible for abilities (which rely on crystal power) to crit. What a shame, right?

P.S. To link to stuff from this wiki site put double brackets around the name. [ [fountain of renewal] ] with no gaps will give you Fountain of Renewal.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved