Vainglory Forums

Regarding current match-making system, open to constructive suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

What do you think of the current match-making system
I am casual player, and I think current match-making system is perfect.
I am serious player, and I think current match-making system is perfect.
I am casual player, and I think current match-making system needs improvement.
I am serious player, and I think current match-making system needs improvement.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by AcesSoul » March 16, 2016 1:31pm | Report
Match-making needs a fix!I'm almost Hotness and Im so afraid of playing Ranked right now.Most of my friend's lost 1-2 tier in 4 days not because they are bad players but because of the people they got matched.I myself withnessed that.After one of my ranked matches I added one of my team mates, which I thought did the worst in the game, and his rank was GETTING THERE!!!!!How in the world I can get matched with a Tier 3 player while Im playing against Tier 6-7 players.Its the same in casual matchups.Fix that as fast as possible please SEMC.

AcesSoul
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 16, 2016 1:53pm | Report
You know what, I think I'll just ignore people who hate matchmaking now and let them sort it out for themselves. It's not like SEMC will ever see any of these posts anyway.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 16, 2016 6:58pm | Report
I played rank mode a lot but then I switched to casual mode :P

Personally, I don't like the draft mode which is why I switched to casual mode.

The matchmaking system is decent in casual mode if you can carry the team. If you're decent with Blackfeather and you play him in casual, winning is going to be easy.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bytar » March 16, 2016 8:25pm | Report
Biggest complaint is grouped / guided vs pick up groups. If your grouped you should play other groups. Plain and simple.

Bytar
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » March 16, 2016 9:38pm | Report
Honestly, it would be really hard to rank skill through numbers, especially throigh KDA. I know some excellent roamers who have really horrible KDAs, because they sacrifice for their carries. Furthermore, many teams actually work this way where the jungler and roam have bad KDAs and creep score so that their laner can have the farm and kills.

Furthermore, there could be some really great players who are just toxic. Rage-pings, not following team flow etc. There are also players who are really great as roamers, but horrible otherwise. All these are isolated examples, but cannot be quantified unless you really analyse every individual player's match history and stats. Otherwise, it will just be as broken as before.

However, some of the stuff you mentioned will be great to see highlighted to SEMC.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 17, 2016 7:32pm | Report
Atsurvius wrote:

Honestly, it would be really hard to rank skill through numbers, especially throigh KDA. I know some excellent roamers who have really horrible KDAs, because they sacrifice for their carries. Furthermore, many teams actually work this way where the jungler and roam have bad KDAs and creep score so that their laner can have the farm and kills.

You got a good point here, which is actually what I also considered after criteria A.- C. in my original post, which is why I added criterias D. and E. regarding improvement of current definition of "assist-kill" for each class along with that of "kill".
Atsurvius wrote:

Furthermore, there could be some really great players who are just toxic. Rage-pings, not following team flow etc. There are also players who are really great as roamers, but horrible otherwise.

I think one of the reasons why people are toxic in using ping is that current match-making system fails to assign players into "correct group" where skills of teammates are matching, where players in the same team can establish more rapport and less conflict in terms of teamwork.
Another reason why people are toxic in using ping is that there are players coming from places where people have less curtesy and sensibility of mind.
Last reason why people are toxic in using ping is that current pings(?!+^, and emoji) are not a constructive communication themselves as they lack needed definition for clear and agreeable communication to take place let along constructive; as a result, communication using pings(?!a+^, and emoji) is non-constructive, which naturally become mutually toxic.

Atsurvius wrote:
All these are isolated examples, but cannot be quantified unless you really analyse every individual player's match history and stats. Otherwise, it will just be as broken as before.

Yes, there are a lot more to be done.
But it would be great if you could provide a valid and detailed proposal.

Atsurvius wrote:

However, some of the stuff you mentioned will be great to see highlighted to SEMC.

Thanks. I hope SEMC can listen to us players. However, I never came cross any SEMC employee posting here in this forum, and I wonder if anyone knows if there is better way to reach them?

Fedric
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 17, 2016 8:02pm | Report
Go to Vainglory's website and go to support and send a ticket, it will have all the necessary steps to send a email which will be over viewed by a employee of SEMC.

You can access there site here: www.vainglorygame.com

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » March 18, 2016 4:46am | Report
@uncrudable lol bro you should've done this in the first place :)
Btw why can't the site change server or something to stop this annoying Japanese spam-guy?

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 18, 2016 1:59pm | Report
No idea. I'm still confused why he's spamming us with stuff no one can understand.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedric » March 18, 2016 4:20pm | Report
I have sent a ticket under the category "suggestion" with link to this post.
But I am not sure if they will respond.
If they do respond, I will let you guys know the update.

Fedric
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved