Vainglory Forums

Regarding current match-making system, open to constructive suggestion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

What do you think of the current match-making system
I am casual player, and I think current match-making system is perfect.
I am serious player, and I think current match-making system is perfect.
I am casual player, and I think current match-making system needs improvement.
I am serious player, and I think current match-making system needs improvement.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by ProphetJ » May 17, 2016 1:57pm | Report
I haven't even reached ranked yet, so I'm assuming that might have to do with it, but a good 90% of my matches have been fools who have no idea what they're doing. I'm hoping once I get into higher levels/ranked I'l be matched up more effectively.
NA Server: ProphetJ
Help me Improve!

ProphetJ
Quote | PM | +Rep by UnearnedPeis » May 18, 2016 10:34am | Report
The current matchmaking system obviously isn't perfect.

I have a question to your matchmaking idea.
The thing with team compositions is that for example a tank or healer will obviously be a support. The problem is that other heroes can play as the support role, for example support petal, skaarf and glaive. Also Adagio can be jungle, lane and support.

I believe you should choose your hero AND your role instead of that the heroes will be categorized by normally played roles. There should be no categories because every hero can be played differently. Therefore it is better to choose yourself what you are going to play.

Also the support better buy an ironguard early in the match or the player should get a strike.

I'm tired of people that doesn't know how to ironguard. Any solutions to this problem?

UnearnedPeis
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » May 19, 2016 5:59am | Report
UnearnedPeis wrote:

The current matchmaking system obviously isn't perfect.

I have a question to your matchmaking idea.
The thing with team compositions is that for example a tank or healer will obviously be a support. The problem is that other heroes can play as the support role, for example support petal, skaarf and glaive. Also Adagio can be jungle, lane and support.

I believe you should choose your hero AND your role instead of that the heroes will be categorized by normally played roles. There should be no categories because every hero can be played differently. Therefore it is better to choose yourself what you are going to play.

Also the support better buy an ironguard early in the match or the player should get a strike.

I'm tired of people that doesn't know how to ironguard. Any solutions to this problem?

Get better, that is really the only solution to your problem, and thanks for stating the obvious.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Eonnaire » May 21, 2016 3:59am | Report
To solve the issue of bad team comp's, couldn't they just build in a recommendation box on the prematch screen when your choosing your characters that says something like "Lacking support" ,"Lacking Damage" ," Lacking tank" or even Lacking Crystal or Weapon power at some points and give the group a warning right before they lock in notifying them on these things. Or even have a chat box in the pre match screen where players can say phrases like "Should I choose" so and so or "I'd recommend picking" this and that or "I don't have ----" or even "Pick ----". But more importantly, if someone (directly regarding trolls with this) disregards the teams comp recommendations and goes against what there team needs AND you get a thumbs down from both of your team members at the end of the match then I think they should get some form of punishment. It's simply to enforce the main point of team work, think of your team before yourself.

Also I think their should be an option for hybrid (WP/CP or CP/Support) in the icon where you select what build you'll choose because on many occasions where I wasn't quite sure as to what some people were picking and at the end of the match they explained that it was a hybrid build or a test build. The main issue to address I believe is not the interface of Vainglory but the Players, so if they can find a way to filter out players without appearing strict, then at the end of the day, I'll be happy with it. But the means of doing so is difficult so I can see why they are having difficulty, anyone would be if they were in their shoes.

Just a suggestion though, take it with a grain of salt ;)

Eonnaire
Quote | PM | +Rep by anvil » May 21, 2016 6:28pm | Report
In my experience as a player who has been playing for about 6 months and started as a total n00b and now have climbed up to Got Swagger and hopefully up from there ... My impression is that the system has been working well. When I was clueless, everyone else was clueless.. But once in a while I had a teammate that knew what they were doing that led the way. I tried to learn from them (as well as YouTube/twitch videos).. And then move up. If you are the player who knows what to do, your responsibility is to lead the lesser skilled players -- generally through pings. You level them up and help assure victory for yourself. Even today I'll get matched up with teammates and opponents clearly more competent then me and I feel terrible being the one dragging the team down. But I just try to learn

The biggest pet peeve I have with the system is people duo-queuing. I normally solo queue and whenever I get stuck with 2 people in a guild-- it's a terrible experience. Often, they don't use pings because they are on voice chat so the comm breaks down -- and many times these players only care about themselves and have 0 desire for true teamwork. They often believe they are the **** and ignore instructions -- because in reality they are clueless. It is very frustrating especially as a roam player. I would love the ability to opt out of being stuck with people duo-queuing.

anvil
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » May 22, 2016 2:45am | Report
Reguardless of anyone's opinion. The matchmaker itself cannot actually be improved without a much more non - ******ed player base and just more players in general. Either that or a bunch of employees learning people's play styles and matching the accordingly (which would never happen). What we can do as players is take the ******** and play anyway, play with friends, or friend our ******s and give them a few tips reguardless if there swearing their ***es off at us like a bunch of jack ***es.

So yeah, All stated is above. If you seriously can make a algorithm to improve matchmaking, tell it to the devs not to me.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved