Vainglory Forums

Too Many noobs

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » May 3, 2017 11:10am | Report
Just party up with players you trust or don't play ranked at all... If you SoloQ, then that is the typical matchup.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » May 3, 2017 11:13pm | Report
Here's the problem with this as I see it. First, everyone here was once a noob. You have to learn. Some learn faster than others. Some take the time to read up on guides, builds and strats, and others don't. Second of all it's always someone's fault isn't it? The problem with the argument being made here is that everyone will rant about noobs, or stupid players because they didn't play the way that the person complaining wanted them to. When people complain about the others they are matched with I often wonder if they ever lose and blame themselves. I wonder if they ever lose and say "yanno what, we were just bested." Not that I've ever seen, usually it boils down to the fault of someone else on their team. I've been in a match, literally gone 14/2, while my teammates (who were partied together) went a collective 3/20 between them, I almost carried us to victory despite their lack of talent, yet I was apparently down voted by both of them and was warned for toxic behavior by the system after the match. The thing that this community needs far more than a better match making system is to learn how to lose and move on. I imagine that most players won't be happy with matchmaking unless they win every game and make it to vainglorious.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » May 4, 2017 4:53pm | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

Here's the problem with this as I see it. First, everyone here was once a noob. You have to learn. Some learn faster than others. Some take the time to read up on guides, builds and strats, and others don't. Second of all it's always someone's fault isn't it? The problem with the argument being made here is that everyone will rant about noobs, or stupid players because they didn't play the way that the person complaining wanted them to. When people complain about the others they are matched with I often wonder if they ever lose and blame themselves. I wonder if they ever lose and say "yanno what, we were just bested." Not that I've ever seen, usually it boils down to the fault of someone else on their team. I've been in a match, literally gone 14/2, while my teammates (who were partied together) went a collective 3/20 between them, I almost carried us to victory despite their lack of talent, yet I was apparently down voted by both of them and was warned for toxic behavior by the system after the match. The thing that this community needs far more than a better match making system is to learn how to lose and move on. I imagine that most players won't be happy with matchmaking unless they win every game and make it to vainglorious.

Though I would agree with most of what you said. I have to still point out there are Noobs.
Yes. We were all Noobs when we joined the game. I wholeheartedly agree. But why is the system making us fight with them.

Hear me out, I was a trying to complete a chest where I needed one Win in any PvP event. So i Naturally thought hey, one or two Battle Royale would do. And it took me 5 Battle Royale and 6 Blitz, about 75 mins later, to get that win. Why? Not because it was a great fight and the best team won.
BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL NOOBS WITH TROLL BUILDS.

I think they need to create a system, where they could classify the players.
a more extensive Karma+ Rank+ Experience criterion/algorithm or a character KDA+ Win-Loss Ratio that helps to classify people on different grades and queue people with them.

I wouldnt mind waiting some time for a worthy match and worthy teammates, instead of getting frustrated and depressed by playing alongside people who thinks its all a joke.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » May 4, 2017 5:42pm | Report
Since we're all complaining about noobs, why don't we just start something like a mentor-ship program in order to teach players how to get better, thus cutting down some of the large numbers of noobs and making the community better.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » May 5, 2017 12:08am | Report
Krystalline wrote:

Though I would agree with most of what you said. I have to still point out there are Noobs.
Yes. We were all Noobs when we joined the game. I wholeheartedly agree. But why is the system making us fight with them.

Hear me out, I was a trying to complete a chest where I needed one Win in any PvP event. So i Naturally thought hey, one or two Battle Royale would do. And it took me 5 Battle Royale and 6 Blitz, about 75 mins later, to get that win. Why? Not because it was a great fight and the best team won.
BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL NOOBS WITH TROLL BUILDS.

I think they need to create a system, where they could classify the players.
a more extensive Karma+ Rank+ Experience criterion/algorithm or a character KDA+ Win-Loss Ratio that helps to classify people on different grades and queue people with them.

I wouldnt mind waiting some time for a worthy match and worthy teammates, instead of getting frustrated and depressed by playing alongside people who thinks its all a joke.

Well the mistake you're making is that there is no ranked matchmaker with the brawl modes. In fact I don't even think there is one for casual. I could be wrong, but I'm routinely matched against tier 1,2, and 3 in casual, so I doubt it. Ranks apply to the mode in which they get their name, Ranked. Ranked does not apply to all modes.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » May 5, 2017 9:23am | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

Well the mistake you're making is that there is no ranked matchmaker with the brawl modes. In fact I don't even think there is one for casual. I could be wrong, but I'm routinely matched against tier 1,2, and 3 in casual, so I doubt it. Ranks apply to the mode in which they get their name, Ranked. Ranked does not apply to all modes.

Hmm. For Ranked matches I hardly solo queue. Got my teammates.

But don't u think that system should come in place for the other modes too?
Casual and other Brawl Modes?

I do think in League of Legends its based on a system like that. (I could be wrong.)

Its downright frustrating when people just buy random stuff.
Recently came across a Celeste player with pure weapon build and a Nullwave Gauntlet!!

---- Unfair champion-matchups of Battle Royale is another thing to add on to this ---
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xpertpredator » August 20, 2017 1:36am | Report
Omfg,im also always being teamed with fking annoying people.i played 4 matches and lost all four of them in a row,the first match had an afk player,the second had two noobs(one of them used weapon build for taka...who the fuq does that)the third had a (superman) which literally just tries to 1v3 the enemies and the last one had yet another afk ahole.
Am i just too noob or are vainglory getting filled with fking noobs

Xpertpredator
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » August 20, 2017 9:54pm | Report
Get better and just carry your team then. Also, please use better grammar lol.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved