Vainglory Forums

Hybrid Baron Builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Grubitsch » October 28, 2016 5:28am | Report
How do you all feel about playing Hybrid Baron. I mean he technically was made to be built hybrid as what he builds doesn't cancel out like Hybrid Kestrel does. If any of you agree/disagree with me could you explain your reasoning please?
"If you can, kill me. If you can't, RUN." -Reim.

IGN: Grubitsch/L0rdLoss/WoopPoopScoop
Server: NA
Guild: Big ***es-GTFA
Team: Steal Yo Glory- SYG
Youtube: WoopPoopScoop

Grubitsch
<Editor>
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » October 28, 2016 7:47am | Report
Someone asked me about a hybrid Gwen recently so I'm going to give the same answer here because it still applies.

There are several heroes that have hybrid possibilities. Kestrel, Baron, and Gwen come immediately to mind. However, I've never found any combinations that I personally am a fan of. I think that Kestrel comes the closest to feasible because of achieving both long lasting stealth and being able to go stealth in the middle of combat.

I think it goes back to that saying "if you're good at everything you can't be great at anything". Without 3-4 items dedicated to WP Gwen's basic attack isn't really strong enough to matter, and the same can be said about her Buckshot Bonanza with CP. When you build CP Gwen her basic attack is a joke, especially when it's not powered by Boomstick, and if you aren't doing serious poke damage you're just kinda... kinda there, making loud bangs every once in awhile.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » October 28, 2016 9:50am | Report
I absolutely LOVE playing hybrid lane Baron because he has a long range for all of his abilities and a short charge time with his Jump Jets. I just typically get a Sorrowblade, Shatterglass, Broken Myth, Clockwork, boots and a defense and let my allies tank for me. Sometimes I may switch out Shatterglass or Clockwork for an Alternating Current or Tornado Trigger though, because the CD for Jump Jets is way too long and it's easier to farm and poke the enemy. Also, it allows me to have a short enough charge time on my B so I can get away pretty easily and farm easily, yet do tons of damage with my abilities. You're really squishy but as long as your allies tank for you, you should be fine.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by 354RRR » October 29, 2016 4:36am | Report
I don't think it would work? For the CP and WP specific perks (increased range on B verses reduced/removed cast time on B, for instance) all have a threshhold amount that you need to cross. And it's pretty hard to get those perks going unless you fully commit to one.
Also, a critical problem with building hybrid on any hero is that until you are extremely weak until you have all the items set up; If you went a Tyrant's right after your Sorrowblade on Kestral, you'd be gaining more WP, Crit Chance, and Crit Damage, which all boost the effectiveness of your earlier perchase, whereas if you go CP and build a (let's say) Shatterglass, you basically fail to capitalize properly on the WP you purchased earlier. Until there are hybrid items, I'd say it would be very challenging to build hybrid on any hero.

354RRR
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved