Vainglory Forums

Review about the matchmaking system

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoahsNotHere » March 10, 2016 4:35pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

Oh dear,

I can assume from all your written posts (I have read some of them now on the forum) that you are a squishy noob. Sorry to say that.
If you would have EVER played with any skilled player, you would totally know that you are talking ********. Like full of **** and wrong information spread by you. (besides going to use your language standard)

You have obviously NEVER reached a skilltier level ABOVE Simply Amazing and so haven't you played with any skilled players yet. And back to your argument:

YES - I can easily solo carry my whole team even VS 10 total noobs if that is necessary. But it isn't because you keep to average getting matched with enemies who are at least your skilltier level while your teammates (and I swear I am not lying here) keep running into the enemy's turret and base and it is clearly that they do NOT meet your skilltier level standard.

Just a few examples to show you how "pro" the matchmaking system is:

-Catherine buys Tornado Trigger and Sorrow Blade
-Our Ringo lane player buys 3 boots and keeps running into traps and turrets

-Krul buys Sorrowblade and Tornado Trigger. Not a single defensive item. (seriously)
-Krul keeps attacking Koshka early game. (?!?)
-Skaarf goes full ****** and buys WP.

-Catherine buys Alternating Current and Barbed Needle (LMAO WTF?!)
-Catherine keeps attacking enemy's minions and Boss solo

-Our Joule goes full ****** and starts to farm steal everyone's gold (lane player's gold)
-Skye goes full Weapon Power (lol)

There are SO MANY examples I could show you and I was at SA GOLD skilltier when I experienced that! So **** your ******** and stop telling lies about the matching system dude. I have them all on my screen I could show you, but I am too lazy to blurry all the names out. Just for your consideration. Maybe where you live (I guess somewhere in America) you must be extremely lucky that you always get matched with total serious pro players, you lucky lucky boy. My life is not that eudemonic, I keep getting 80% paired with total idiots and dumbf*cks. Even our vainglorious and pinnacle of awesome guild mates NEVER NEVER do solo ranked matches because of these dumb idiots. Period.

That must be pretty messed up man, i have matches just like you, i try and get as much gold as possible, then i let the dumb players be decoy and then smash the other team.

NoahsNotHere
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 10, 2016 4:53pm | Report
@FireWolf250

That's an extremely interesting theory. Perhaps people do it to get easier wins. But that's not worth it if you have to sit through hundreds of matches.

@MaximusP

the matchmaker isn't broken but it also isn't perfect. the majority of matches are well-balanced and people are matched together well. However, their is a percentage of people who claim to experience a "broken" matchmaker which is why SEMC installed the survey system. The matchmaker is the best we have so far and if you don't like it stop playing VG because the developers are working EXTREMELY hard to make VG better everyday.

I've seen proof that you've reached Simply Amazing before, maybe even higher, but that might be outdated. Have you ever considered the fact that your visual skill tier isn't your matchmaking skill tier? In the patch notes from a previous update it stated that you will be matched up with players similar to your skill tier from last season, but your visual skill tier might not be the same because you start at the first rank. This explains why some highly skilled players are still at Decent-ish, and weaker players are at Simply Amazing. Which brings it back to you. Your matchmaking tier might be so low that you are getting paired up with weaker teammates, hence the "trolling." Your visual skill tier might say Pretty Good, but your matchmaking skill tier might be Not Bad. You said that your opponenets are really strong? I remember you stated once that you stopped playing VG but came back to it. Maybe that's why - people have simply gotten better than you. Even if you came back to VG a year ago, people still could've advanced further than you.

I'm sorry for this long rant but you don't seem to appreciate VG as much as others do. You might be a better VG player than I am, but that doesn't make you a valuable part of the VG community. If you really want your voice to be heard, don't be salty and just ask a developer about the subject instead of complaining.

@sOmEbboDY

I think we played together before. I was Kestrel, you were Celeste? Sorry for being horrible with Kestrel. I was trying to get used to her again. But you got great Celeste skills, keep it up.

@uncrudable

Don't be offended by this guy you aren't a noob you're a huge contributor to the VG community. Keep up the hard work you've been putting into the forums.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 10, 2016 7:59pm | Report
Veneticius wrote:

@FireWolf250

That's an extremely interesting theory. Perhaps people do it to get easier wins. But that's not worth it if you have to sit through hundreds of matches.

@MaximusP

the matchmaker isn't broken but it also isn't perfect. the majority of matches are well-balanced and people are matched together well. However, their is a percentage of people who claim to experience a "broken" matchmaker which is why SEMC installed the survey system. The matchmaker is the best we have so far and if you don't like it stop playing VG because the developers are working EXTREMELY hard to make VG better everyday.

I've seen proof that you've reached Simply Amazing before, maybe even higher, but that might be outdated. Have you ever considered the fact that your visual skill tier isn't your matchmaking skill tier? In the patch notes from a previous update it stated that you will be matched up with players similar to your skill tier from last season, but your visual skill tier might not be the same because you start at the first rank. This explains why some highly skilled players are still at Decent-ish, and weaker players are at Simply Amazing. Which brings it back to you. Your matchmaking tier might be so low that you are getting paired up with weaker teammates, hence the "trolling." Your visual skill tier might say Pretty Good, but your matchmaking skill tier might be Not Bad. You said that your opponenets are really strong? I remember you stated once that you stopped playing VG but came back to it. Maybe that's why - people have simply gotten better than you. Even if you came back to VG a year ago, people still could've advanced further than you.

I'm sorry for this long rant but you don't seem to appreciate VG as much as others do. You might be a better VG player than I am, but that doesn't make you a valuable part of the VG community. If you really want your voice to be heard, don't be salty and just ask a developer about the subject instead of complaining.

@sOmEbboDY

I think we played together before. I was Kestrel, you were Celeste? Sorry for being horrible with Kestrel. I was trying to get used to her again. But you got great Celeste skills, keep it up.

@uncrudable

Don't be offended by this guy you aren't a noob you're a huge contributor to the VG community. Keep up the hard work you've been putting into the forums.

Hi,

thanks for your long post. One of the few who gives back a constructive feedback. I am not blaiming the dev's only for that. I was just stating that there is still improvement needed for the ranked system (someone earlier had posted a ban system for all those players you don't want to play with for example). I appreciate alot the dev's work and also that this game is absolutely for free. I was just ranting because people such as "random name" calling people out without even giving a good argument to issue the statement. Nevertheless thank you for your comment and I will consider the fact that maybe my visual skilltier does not chime with my actual skilltier.

And yes I did have a break for one year but that doesn't mean that by now I haven't studied the heroes and their attributes yet. Also my guild helps alot in giving advices and tips how to carry or solo win a match (as I said most of them are PoA players)

Greetings

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by mrapsinker » March 10, 2016 9:31pm | Report
if you're constantly getting **** players then your karma is probably **** too because you dodge games or go afk/stand there like a douche bag when you feel like the game is pointless in playing anymore. Yes the system has flaws, Yes it's frustrating but it is what it is for now. As for different Servers from NA,EU EAS or whatever else is out there I'm sure there is a huge difference in the quality of players/trolls. So until you guys actually play on another server and test it out as in seriously test it. like 1,000+ games keep your negative comments to yourselves please. While *****ing and crying on a fan site may make you feel better it pisses everyone else off or just attracts more trolls.

mrapsinker
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 11, 2016 3:49am | Report
Again:

Skilltier: SA GOLD

No. It has nothing to do with my karma. I have reached PoA already playing with mates now.
Now tell me again this system does not have flaws. I would have never be able to reach PoA if I went for solo ranked matches.

Kudos to my guild mates and the ones who helped me getting PoA skilltier.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » March 11, 2016 9:45am | Report
Ok, this is going to be fun.

Just to state I have read about 2/3 of the posts on this thread so I I missed something or miss quote it don't get too butt hurt

1. If your having so much trouble in SOLO que, play with a group, find a guild that has lots of active players that are on at the same time as you. Oh and how about that, there is a GUILD FORUM ON THIS WEBSITE.

2. A lot of people, or just one person multiple times, have stated that their teamates are always below their skill tier, if it is around 90% of the time this happens, then that is YOUR skill tier.

3. And I assume from the people that play so many games after your losses, stop playing after 2 or 3 losses, go on YouTube and watch some funny videos or something, if you continuously play you will just get worse and worse.

4. From what I read I see most people here are suffering from a god complex in game. It is when you think that you cannot do anything wrong and everything is always your teammates fault, This normally appeares in the middle to middle-high skill tiers when people know that they have climbed some skill tiers and think that they know everything about the game, even though it is fairly obvious that they don't, I'll admit I suffer from this sometimes.

5. And finally, I haven't really done much ranked this season but in the last season, I played almost exclusively solo queue, and yet I found it possible, hard but very possible, to rise above the bottem ranks fairly quickly

Sorry for the wall of text

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 11, 2016 3:03pm | Report
"Hi,

thanks for your long post. One of the few who gives back a constructive feedback. I am not blaiming the dev's only for that. I was just stating that there is still improvement needed for the ranked system (someone earlier had posted a ban system for all those players you don't want to play with for example). I appreciate alot the dev's work and also that this game is absolutely for free. I was just ranting because people such as "random name" calling people out without even giving a good argument to issue the statement. Nevertheless thank you for your comment and I will consider the fact that maybe my visual skilltier does not chime with my actual skilltier.

And yes I did have a break for one year but that doesn't mean that by now I haven't studied the heroes and their attributes yet. Also my guild helps alot in giving advices and tips how to carry or solo win a match (as I said most of them are PoA players)

Greetings"

Good to know that many types of people respect the devs work. Actually, for me, I have problems with the Draft System instead of the matchmaking. Remember when we said play a carry hero to rank up? That's impossible now that everyone has to take turns and there's a 14 minute ban the first time you dodge. Back in the old days, I just had to soft lock and people would respect my role.

The only viable way to solo queue in ranked for me is to play in a party. That way, everyone is playing the best role they can play. And I think it's fine if you review the matchmaking, just don't be too salty or else everyone will rage out.

P.S sorry I couldn't quote stuff so I had to use quotation marks

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 11, 2016 3:06pm | Report
Everyone never goes support now in rank, this happening straight after the draft system :/, played against buff comp today and we lost after this guy locked taka when we already had jungle and lane locked.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » March 11, 2016 4:47pm | Report
MaximusP wrote:

@Halcius:
45 games in a ROW
That is a problem right there, no one plays 45 games in a row, it is an unrealistic representation of the average players gaming habits.It also increases the likelihood of having multiple run-ins of the same teammates/opposition.
(together with some of my guild mates - our guild average skilltier is PoA)
Like it or not, this could also be reason enough to disregard your tests as "Solo Que" when in fact, you played with guildmates who's skilltiers you have existing knowledge of.
within 24 hours is a very reliable sample size.
Imagine if drug & pharmaceutical companies could make the same argument?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have added almost everyone of my teammates after a match
I can't take your word for it, and I'd wager anybody else would also find it difficult to believe that you added more than 200 of the 270 players in your matches in just ONE day.

to see which skilltier they were AND I have written down everyone's IGN + their skilltier level. Believe me or not Definitely not. I have a full list of these players (because of no name shaming I am not going to publish it)

And again. 45 dropped matches within 24 hours. Very possible if you do it for a whole day. It was a pain in my *** and it was very tiring but absolutely makeable.
Just more reason why your test is an unrealistic representation. People often STOP when they get tired.
I am just saying that solo ranked system is broken. I still don't get it why so many of you are defending it whilst you have clearly no idea about the game nor real skilled team plays. Instead keep on insulting people with different opinions. That's a joke.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 11, 2016 6:43pm | Report
uncrudable wrote:

Everyone never goes support now in rank, this happening straight after the draft system :/, played against buff comp today and we lost after this guy locked taka when we already had jungle and lane locked.

same here. the only reason I won a match today was someone roamed, and that was with a Koshka. we were losing badly at first, but with awesome teamwork and one big Kraken push, we managed to win the game.

it seems the only way to win these days is with skill and teamwork, and that's pretty hard to do when everyone is playing their favorite hero and not their best hero.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved