Vainglory Forums

Review about the matchmaking system

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 9, 2016 8:55pm | Report
Damn son you must be really salty, at least I have a positive attitude towards the games I play and I know when to calm the **** down and take a damn break, you should consider that, while I may have not reached simply amazing, I still try my best to help people out, while I don't give the most positive advice sometimes atleast it's something and I actually have played against and with people in simply amazing before, have you heard of hidden rank?, funny how it works like that c:

So:

- Yes I have vsed experienced players and I was actually mentored by one in skill tier 8
- Solo queue isn't broken at all. It's just your self control.

Oh and FYI I live in Australia. While I may get more ping because it's a south east Asia region we get drawn into, it seems like sea doesn't have much self accessed *******s roaming around trying to prove the devs do a horrible job on the match making system. And no I'm not lucky to get matched with good people, I play with bad people too sometimes but if do I don't rage my head off and rant about it on this site, I get salty and play casual or stop playing all together, haven't dropped a tier since I started that.

You might be going through a stage of not solo queueing, I remember doing that in skill tier 3, never solo queued ever after that till about 2 - 3 more full tiers up until I decided to give it a go and decided that it was possible to play with self control.

Now I can agree my advice isn't exactly the sweetest of sugar you can taste and I'd probably to defcon 1 if I saw it myself coming from you or anyone else if I was looking for advice, now I could give advice and tips from out of my *** without criticism but that's part of the fun of this. Helping with some criticism, is how I deal with people who hate matchmaking.

Now if your going to keep arguing with me, that's fine. I won't give a **** because like I said before your still salty, I had something new I would've shared with you to help but I guess you would think its "********" and coming from a "squishy noob". So I'll leave you to your own thoughts. I seem to be beating a dead horse anyway. You might be too. So even if you keep arguing I'll just look at it and let it pass. Key words "Self Control".

- You should message me when you start solo queueing again, It will happen one day or another -

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 9, 2016 9:14pm | Report
ShadowBeatz wrote:

@above

holy ****, if you are playing with these kinds of teammates, you must be in skill tier 3 or something.

I play ranked matches in skill tier 5(gold) - 6(bronze) and I get **** teammates like 1/4 matches.

quit making up so much BS lmao

Not BS.

I was in skilltier 8. Dropped to skilltier 6. Why should I make up some BS story here? No benefit at all. At least not for me.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 9, 2016 9:26pm | Report
uncrudable wrote:

- Solo queue isn't broken at all. It's just your self control.

Wow! Greatest advise probably this year already.
Guys that's it! That's the ultimate solution for all solo ranked players:

SELF - C O N T R O L.

I am pretty sure that "self control" can lead me to victory in every match and slingshot me in a jiffy to PoA or even VG level. Thank you so much for your varnished counsel!

*irony off*
Seriously. To cut a long story short. You haven't got anything to prove me wrong but instead of repeating yourself over and over and over again. Yeah I got it. I am 'salty'. And I need to calm the F* down and take a F* break. Haven't played since yet. As I wrote in the beginning I had one day (24 h) off and tried out the system. I took notes and wrote it down on this forum to tell people who are stuck with the same issues as I do. Nothing more, nothing less.

And for everyone:
This issue did NOT occur while I was at skilltier 3 or 4, but I was at Simply Amazing (gold) level when all of those things happened. But maybe I am just wrong and here in Europe we are just surrounded by dead-living numbf*cks and all of my guild mates (most of them are Pinnacle of Awesome) share the same issue, or we are just all salty, dumb and ignorant. (based on previous speaker's theory).

If you don't like the fact that there are indeed many trolls even at high level ranked matches, then please do not read and write further more in this thread. Thanks.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 10, 2016 12:09am | Report
Or maybe all Europeans are numb ****s....................... You as proof?.....................

Nah I'm just kidding lol. Sorry I couldn't resist saying this.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » March 10, 2016 2:57am | Report
Well if the people you meet all build such ******ed items, perhaps it isn't the matchmaking system that is at fault, but the general player base. If a small proportion of the population is 'skilled', then chances are you won't get matched with them that easily. This is true for any other MOBA, and the only way around it is to make friends and star them when you get to play with them.

Furthermore, most players I meet at SA Gold aren't toxic and ******ed as you described, even if they pull off 'unconventional' ****, they try to make it up with skill. It could really be your region, no offense.
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 10, 2016 3:13am | Report
Atsurvius wrote:

Well if the people you meet all build such ******ed items, perhaps it isn't the matchmaking system that is at fault, but the general player base. If a small proportion of the population is 'skilled', then chances are you won't get matched with them that easily. This is true for any other MOBA, and the only way around it is to make friends and star them when you get to play with them.

Furthermore, most players I meet at SA Gold aren't toxic and ******ed as you described, even if they pull off 'unconventional' ****, they try to make it up with skill. It could really be your region, no offense.

That's hat I think. Funny fact: I never get matched with people at my rank. Always with people 2-3 skilltier levels below mine. But experts such as my previous writers still claim that 'you can solo win a match "if you are skilled" enough' lol. LMAO. Best joke ever. We having the 1st of April already?

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Atsurvius » March 10, 2016 5:17am | Report
MaximusP wrote:

That's hat I think. Funny fact: I never get matched with people at my rank. Always with people 2-3 skilltier levels below mine. But experts such as my previous writers still claim that 'you can solo win a match "if you are skilled" enough' lol. LMAO. Best joke ever. We having the 1st of April already?

I wouldn't say it's totally impossible, as if you are really skilled in a hero that CAN CARRY, you can literally 1v3 the enemy. Of course, you must be sufficiently fed and have a decent idea of where their team is, but it happens more often than you think, even in VIPL. What I really mean is that if you are truly 'better' than your displayed rank, i.e a POA-skill player playing at Pretty Good, you can carry sufficiently
Skaarf is my bae forever

Looking for a guild that uses social groups to just discuss about VG-related stuff

Atsurvius
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FireWolf250 » March 10, 2016 6:25am | Report
Guys, lets just say for a moment the matchmaking is in fact broken (I'm not saying it is, but lets just say it is for the sake of this comment).
In that scenario a lot of your games involve players on your team buying 6 tornado triggers or whatever while the enemy team gets amazing players. BUT, you would have many games where the enemy team does the same thing (6 TT's). Making it, most of the time, a fair fight. And, for every game you had a disadvantage you would have a game with an advantage. So realistically, the matchmaking system can't be broken. Also, no one has addressed WHY people do this stuff. It could be because they like to troll people, but it also could be that they want to get to a lower skill tier. The only way to do that is to lose. I realize that this is a fan site, but it would be nice if the devs made a systm where you could move down in the ranks at will. ONLY down, just to be clear. That MIGHT solve the issue.

=)
IGN: FireWolf250
Laners: CP Skaarf, CP Phinn, CP Adagio
Junglers: None
Supporters/Roamers: CP Adagio, CP Shatterglass Phinn
You think I have to much CP!? That's what AC is for!

"Everyone has multiple personality disorder, its called having emotions." -Anonymus

FireWolf250
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by sOmEbboDY » March 10, 2016 10:20am | Report
I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen every single game, probably like a game per day. However, you can't soloqueue and expect the two other random people to play at your pace. Everyone is different, if they suck and are absolutely terrible, just downvote them for unskilled play. There's no need to rage about it on the forums or spam pings in game. If you're annoyed because they are the ones spam pinging you, there is a mute button so that you can play in peace.

sOmEbboDY
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowBeatz » March 10, 2016 11:37am | Report
MaximusP wrote:

You know what? I will use this thread also as some kind of diary/blog of everyday's ranked/or casual match.

I just had two casual solo match. One lost. One won (because I carried ALONE, but read further what is written down)

10.03. first match:

-Lane Ringo buys tornado trigger first and no sorrow blade. Journey Boots as second item. Seems legit. Keeps running into enemies lane and gets killed minute after minute. At minute 7 he already died 12 times.
-I was Rona and tried to jungle as much as I could.
-Catherine just stood the whole time next to me and did NOTHING
-Lost after 14 minutes.

10.03. second match:
-Catherine is AFK since the beginning. Rejoins after 3 minutes. Goes AFK again. Comes back again.
-Comeback of Catherine: Buys Tornado Trigger and Serpent Mask. Ok. Legit. Totally pro. (WTF?!)
-Catherine goes AFK again at minute 6.
-Catherine coms back at minute 10:24
-Catherine tries to buy sorrow blade (I mean come on. I think even my dog has more intellect than that player)
-Catherine keeps standing behind the turret
-Minute 15: Catherine keeps running in circles

-Taka is the only beeing consequent. He bought an ironguard and keeps invisible next to me while I farm the lane.
-Taka slowly but progressively gains gold and becomes stronger (crystal power)
-Taka helps and assists me at lane to finish off enemies.

-Myself: Saw. Weapon Power.
-Spam pinged that mofo stupid catherine. Nothing helps. Ok I give up. No I don't. Don't want to lose another f* match. So I keep going trying to carry that taka players as much and best as I can.
-Go full risk: Sorrowblade, Journey Boots and one Atlas Pauldron against Krul
-Rest of my build: Full Serpent Mask in hope that Taka can distract the enemies enough so I can lifesteal and stay alive while finishing off the enemies (enemies didn't buy any atlas nor plate of armory)

-Victory after freaking 29 minutes.
-Conclusion: 2vs3 Victory.

Now tell me that this matched system is not totally screwed. LOL.

I'm in skill tier 6 bronze, and I never see stuff this serious. not gonna believe you till I see damn proof. and if you say you're too lazy to blur our the other player's names, then you should also be too lazy to type out these novels for everybody who disagrees with you lol
IGN: 6ixthTheory
Region: North America
Skill Tier: Pretty Good, bronze
Mains: Ringo (CP + WP), Glaive (WP), Skye (WP)
Secondaries: Phinn, Fortress, Rona

ShadowBeatz
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved