Vainglory Forums

Review about the matchmaking system

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » March 13, 2016 9:59am | Report
Also as everyone already pointed out, you most likely got paired with the same people if you played constantly, and your performance got progressively worse and worse as you kept playing and kept losing, and your obviously playing in a very low skill tier, follow a 40-40-20 rule, I found it in a guide I don't remember which, 40% of the time you win, 40% you will lose, and 20% you play a big role in whether you win or lose.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 13, 2016 2:59pm | Report
@MaximusP

sorry, forgot your rank went down. good luck getting your rank back.

@Vikings102

I suck at following that rule for me it's more like 60% I lose, 40% i win. That 20% becomes the I lose because i usually mess up under pressure.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 20, 2016 3:13am | Report
Short update:

I have been dropped back Decent-Ish because of solo ranking. Highest achieved sklltier was PoA. Playing with team mates and against organized teams I mostly win. Just saying that maybe my region is not the best and ideal place to play solo ranked games. I could tell stories you won't even believe ;)

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » March 20, 2016 4:38am | Report
MaximusP please stop crying like a six year old child, I'm also in EU so I know what you are talking about, but please stop crying. If you are really such a great player as you think, it should be the easiest thing in the world to get a guild. By the way, if you get only matched up with noobs, I wonder how you made it to PoA :)
InGame-Name: NoxTenebra
Region: EU
Wins: 300+
Highest Rank Achieved: Pretty Good Bronze
Main Laners: WP Glaive, CP Skye, CP Adagio, WP Adagio,
Main Junglers: WP/Tank Krul, WP Glaive, CP Skye
Main Supporters: Tank/Clockwork Glaive, Tank/Shatterglass Adagio

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frantik » March 20, 2016 12:33pm | Report
Wow how did I miss all this? Damn u spam-Japanese guy ...
Ok...
@MaximusP do u remember me? I were ur guild mate and we played couple of times together and as @uncrudable said I think u might be salty And now I realize the matchmaker is fine-ish.
@uncrudable bro ur totally right, the fact of getting salty after a horrible loss just makes u prepared for another loss. Actually I'm gonna say this loud that I was one of the noobs u guys say, I left the match whenever I felt it's pointless coz my vox didn't come to help us in a 2v3 jungle invade , or my krul wont back door enemy jungle creeps when the enemy leaves nothing for him or watching my teammates fight helplessly against a krul without any atlas, but now i know how to rotate to lane when there is a 2v3 jungle invade incoming or running to steal enemy jungle's gold when im roaming or make atlas my priority as lane ringo :)
Its called Super E-vil Mega corporation so have got to expect evil beside having fun that's what evil does:) .I already have like more than 2000 ppl in my friend list but i only trusty top 10, why is that? Coz she know each others playstyle, thinking methods and have in-game communications. I play looooooooooots of casual games with them (I don't know if it's crazy to say it out loud but I play like 40 games per day that I have free time which is rare ) and we lose like 10-30% of them each time, the funny thing is none of us blames himself and always have something to say, and that my friend is our problem, the fact that no one admit he is wrong or says he is a pro instead makes it all mixed up like hell and causes more problems such as leaving ur friend and solo q.
I'm saying it again don't trust ur eyes dude, I'm telling u I have more than 50 friends who's skill tiers are below 5 but they play like vainglory God's, rank is srsly not a good measure.
And final word is that matchmaker is not broken, AT ALL, the one and only problem in solo q is that none of the players trust what the others doing so they start blaming others, base suicidal run, trolling or leaving u alone in a 2v3 fight. For example I get salty when i get in position of 22v3 jungle fight and vox doesn't come to help just becoz he is late game and have to farm or has no dmg, even though it is wrong for me, maybe it works well for that guy so i try to adapt thin solo q with everyone, just imagine a soccer team that have a 20 years of experience as a coach as team A and 12 random ppl gathered from random places to play together under commands of a 30 years hard work of a coach as team B, now imagine them playing against each other, any one who does know what soccer is will know who will win after watching the game for 10 mins. Team B
Bcoz ur SA and get random ppl u get the opportunity to coach them with ur intelligence and experience. That's all I can say about matchmaker..
hope it helps:)

Frantik
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 20, 2016 2:31pm | Report
Well I went down to hotness silver, worked my way up to just behind SA, did another ranked match and a petal trolled the whole game because she didn't get a carry rank, I could've been stably in SA now but people be shat. Yes I got salty but Imma just keep on playing and working on my elo.

So yeah these people are there but there are ways to get around them, you just have to figure which method suits you most, and btw Frantik, some advice for those trust worthy people you play with, when you lose, if you did lose the match, say how you did and say my bad guys or something like that, if you guys can accept each other's mistakes you can fix them and create a better environment when losing.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 20, 2016 3:46pm | Report
@uncrudable

nice job getting to Simply Amazing Bronze!

what heroes did you play the most to get there?

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » March 20, 2016 9:44pm | Report
@Venecitius Thanks dude, I mostly played ringo, sometimes I took the risk of support and made it work out, bit of koshka sometimes, all sorts of things. It really depends on what heroes the enemies pick and the best counters towards them, because I'm actually more of a all rounder sort of player, while I do have mains that doesn't mean they would be my best choice in situations there more sort of a guideline towards who I play the most skillfully or like playing the most.

I also reccomend trying out buff comp with your team or reliable friends, me and my team have been playing around with all sorts of buff comps and been getting good results.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » March 21, 2016 1:30pm | Report
Cool. I might try some ringo in ranked then :)

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » March 21, 2016 1:41pm | Report
Frantik why did you leave?

Oh btw. I don't really care anymore. I got dropped back to pretty good bronze now because of solo ranking. But I have also played vs PoA and VG people. And yes I can compete with those high skilltier players. I think it is just the lack of communication during solo ranked matches and different experience of each players. So I still believe that it is very difficult to get to high skilltier levels by only doing solo rankings. Playing with teams though is so much easier. Especially after we were using discord ;)

MaximusP
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved