Vainglory Forums

Taka is stupid over powered

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tonyy » September 3, 2015 12:53pm | Report
nerf that tension bows makes for some heros 300 damage. a joke that the cheapest weapon makes for some heros 300 damage.

Tonyy
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » September 3, 2015 12:58pm | Report
Ikr that 180 bonus damage so ****ing ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as atlas!
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » September 3, 2015 1:00pm | Report
1v1?
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 3, 2015 1:29pm | Report
It is actually bonus 460DMG with Taka's Perk, his Perk is a solid match for Tension Bow. If your Taka is ahead of everyone and he rushes this item, early game that Taka will 1KHO many heroes with just 1 X-Retsu, following up with Kaiten will finish off Ardans and Glaives.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Danlav » September 4, 2015 1:44pm | Report
I like lamp

Danlav
Quote | PM | +Rep by brainkill » September 5, 2015 2:56pm | Report
Lol @ anyone saying there is no counter to taka.

Celeste's auto attack free flare?
Contraption?
A glaive with brains?

The only thing that seems OP about taka to me is how is evades all Dmg and effects when he is in the air, which is like 40% of the time he's out. It's like he starts with a couple reflex blocks already equipped, and then can actually get a reflex block on top of it, AND he gets a vanish lol, just seems like a skooch too much. But as far as there being no counter? One of the greatest things about the game is they give you so many tools to try to come up with unique builds/play styles AND ways to counter them!

Oh I forgot a huge one on the list....Ardan ultimate. The most solidified taka killer in the game in my humble opinion. Catherine crushes it in every other facet IMO ", but for a gauranteed taka kill that doesn't require reflex skill of popping off flares, this is your guy.

brainkill
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Nishy123 » September 5, 2015 10:41pm | Report
brainkill wrote:

Oh I forgot a huge one on the list....Ardan ultimate. The most solidified taka killer in the game in my humble opinion. Catherine crushes it in every other facet IMO ", but for a gauranteed taka kill that doesn't require reflex skill of popping off flares, this is your guy.

I wouldn't say guaranteed kill because I'm a taka player and I've evaded his ultimate by reflex blocking through it, and then going invisible or running away. But yes, it is a hard counter to taka

Nishy123
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » September 5, 2015 11:35pm | Report
Tonyy wrote:

nerf that tension bows makes for some heros 300 damage. a joke that the cheapest weapon makes for some heros 300 damage.

That's the main idea of taka, being able to deliver huge burst and get away with it, he'll only be able to get away if you're stupid enough to not get flares
VG in-game name : KvK
Main : Skaarf(lane)
Joule(Jungle)
Fortress/Catherine(Support)
Level : 20
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing Bronze
Region : SEA
Please stop spamming out the question mark pings

KvK4
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KvK4 » September 5, 2015 11:39pm | Report
Yangusbeef wrote:

I am better than most people on the forum, but the lack of skill in the forums isn't the issue, the issue is that taka is over powered and saw is under powered.

Now that's just sad, i assume the person who think he's 'better than most people in the forum' will have one or two answers to most question here, including his own question.
VG in-game name : KvK
Main : Skaarf(lane)
Joule(Jungle)
Fortress/Catherine(Support)
Level : 20
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing Bronze
Region : SEA
Please stop spamming out the question mark pings

KvK4
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » September 6, 2015 10:15am | Report
I agree that he's OP. All crit hits, 20% lifesteal on them, a free reflex block through his first ability, invisibility, a very low ult cool down, frequent bursts of speed, high ability damage, and so on- it's all a little too much.

You can't really counter him with AP or aegis because he uses both burst and basic attack damage. All you can really do is alleviate the situation through players who can take his damage- krul, Glaive, joule, Rona- and have supports like cath or ardan to stun or trap him. Also, as many have said, flares and scout traps will completely throw him off. Taka players rely on their 2nd ability more than anything, so stop it as often as possible.

Don't pick a squishy team- vox ringo adagio combos won't last a minute against a good taka. Glaive joule ardan combos (which is what I just beat a rather good taka with) will shut him down. Also, remember that if you're laning, the taka will always go for you first, so have a reflex block, flare, boots, etc ready to go
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved