Vainglory Forums

what annoys you while playing vg?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by booyatribe » December 11, 2014 12:21pm | Report
I understand that you can lane or jungle if you want to. however, there are characters that are better built for certain tasks. it really annoys me when an inexperienced jungler is laning or vice versa. problem is particularly painstaking later on when you actually need the junglers to take care of their business. for example, adagio is not a great jungler. if i choose him, and the team is all laning, i cannot effectively kill for the mines, let alone krakken.
IGN: booyatribe
Region: NA
Karma level: 20
Skill Tier: "Decent-ish"
Main: Adagio
Okay: Koshka and Krull

booyatribe
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 11, 2014 12:40pm | Report
What annoys me as a Petal player, is when there is a second laner on my team whilst the opposing team only has one laner. Then I decide to jungle since Petal's a flexible player, and the lane will not support two laners at once, and someone sends a "Avoid" single on me constantly. I used to not like it myself if I was playing Cath when a laner would stray, but then once I started playing Petal, I realized it has reason as to why SOME players start in the jungle. It's another thing if there is only one laner on your team and they just go into the jungle anyways.
IGN: dream21

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by VaNdle » December 11, 2014 1:22pm | Report
What annoys me is when other players pick all of the same type and then fight for positioning sapping either the lane or jungle of resources while pounding the avoid on each other. I played in a game where I chose Catherine and my two team mates chose Krull and Glaive. Fun times in the Jungle.
IGN: VaNdle
Karma Lvl: 12
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Glaive, Catherine
Training: Petal

VaNdle
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » December 11, 2014 5:28pm | Report
VaNdle wrote:

What annoys me is when other players pick all of the same type and then fight for positioning sapping either the lane or jungle of resources while pounding the avoid on each other. I played in a game where I chose Catherine and my two team mates chose Krull and Glaive. Fun times in the Jungle.

I can only imagine.
IGN: dream21

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ShamanSurf » December 11, 2014 9:03pm | Report
I love VainGlory. Even a frustrating team is better than not playing at all.

Most annoying thing is: when a teammate is spamming the ping in any way, I want to surrender and never play with that person again. I wish I could tell which teammate was spamming ping. I wish there was a cap on how many pings a single player could use per minute. A ping codlin, if you will.

Second most annoying is an AFK teammate.

Third most annoying is a teammate who constantly wants to surrender. SOOOO many times I have been able to come from behind and win a round because we stuck it out even though one team member kept trying to quit on us. Fortunately, they kept playing the game as best they could even if they were ready to surrender.

You never know when your teammate might be 50 credits away from completing their build that will render their hero unbeatable. Fighting to the bitter end makes the game more fun. I kind of wish there was no surrender option. It is much more fun destroying an opponent team's crystal than having them surrender.

I play Ringo, so it is also annoying when I have to lane with SAW, because he steals all my last hits. But he's a good teammate nonetheless.

ShamanSurf
Quote | PM | +Rep by booyatribe » December 12, 2014 5:58am | Report
ShamanSurf wrote:

I love VainGlory. Even a frustrating team is better than not playing at all.

Most annoying thing is: when a teammate is spamming the ping in any way, I want to surrender and never play with that person again. I wish I could tell which teammate was spamming ping. I wish there was a cap on how many pings a single player could use per minute. A ping codlin, if you will.

Second most annoying is an AFK teammate.

Third most annoying is a teammate who constantly wants to surrender. SOOOO many times I have been able to come from behind and win a round because we stuck it out even though one team member kept trying to quit on us. Fortunately, they kept playing the game as best they could even if they were ready to surrender.

You never know when your teammate might be 50 credits away from completing their build that will render their hero unbeatable. Fighting to the bitter end makes the game more fun. I kind of wish there was no surrender option. It is much more fun destroying an opponent team's crystal than having them surrender.

I play Ringo, so it is also annoying when I have to lane with SAW, because he steals all my last hits. But he's a good teammate nonetheless.

Agreed
IGN: booyatribe
Karma level: 20
Skill Tier: "Decent-ish"
Main: Adagio
Okay: Koshka and Krull

booyatribe
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Getafix » December 12, 2014 2:02pm | Report
Just played a game where my ringo teammate ran into the lane and stopped short of the turret. He stood there doing nothing but take hits from the enemies Adagio and a few from an ever visiting Koshka. Don't know if this was an act of defiance or just childishness, but it definitely was annoying. This went on for 10 minutes. My other teammate, Krull, saw this a few times and then joined the lane, where he was not really needed but appreciated none the less and then decided to stop playing after a few frustrating deaths and then resorted to be a pinning spectator. Ringo after watching me duke it out with the enemies adagio, koshka and krul all on my lonesome, decided to finally give me a hand and all the while getting the no go ping from the now semi retired krull. Finally krull gets back into action only to spam pings and surrenders.
IGN: Getafix
Main: Saw, Glaive
Also good with: Ringo
Practicing: Krull, Catherine
Karma Level: 16

Getafix
Quote | PM | +Rep by iiBlue » December 12, 2014 6:02pm | Report
Oh pet peeves in vg?

1.) When a usual jungle champion goes in the lane. I don't understand the logic of a Glaives in lane, or vise versa, a Ringo jungle.

2.) Teammates that don't listen to pings. That wonderful moment when the enemy team is taking the Kraken, and your team is in lane. It makes me pull my hair out.

3.) Not surrendering or surrendering at the appropriate time. Alright if the team just took the Kraken, it doesn't mean the game is over, but if a majority of your team is 0/16 then please end the suffering.

I still will play the game regardless. It's a great feeling when you get a great team though.

iiBlue
Quote | PM | +Rep by Aristophanes » December 16, 2014 6:07pm | Report
iiBlue wrote:

Oh pet peeves in vg?

1.) When a usual jungle champion goes in the lane. I don't understand the logic of a Glaives in lane, or vise versa, a Ringo jungle.

2.) Teammates that don't listen to pings. That wonderful moment when the enemy team is taking the Kraken, and your team is in lane. It makes me pull my hair out.

3.) Not surrendering or surrendering at the appropriate time. Alright if the team just took the Kraken, it doesn't mean the game is over, but if a majority of your team is 0/16 then please end the suffering.

I still will play the game regardless. It's a great feeling when you get a great team though.

+1 to all this.

Until these are corrected I play the freemium model as a free rider.

The game takes too long and rather than play well, sore losers sabotage the whole experience.

This is not just a part of MOBA games (been there since the beginning). It is a correctable problem.

Aristophanes
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Simkin » December 16, 2014 6:53pm | Report
I detest nothing more than petulant children who go and sit at the start after two minutes for no good reason. Did you not get your favorite character? Did you die in the first exchange?

Boohoo, get out there and give the game a chance to shape up. You can't surrender that fast anyway, you might as well do something useful with your time.

If there is a valid reason and the game is going bad enough that it is expeditious to surrender I'm fine with that. But if I see you moving and you aren't playing as some stupid act of defiance, I promise I will refuse every surrender and make the game last as long as absolutely possible.

Waste my time and I'll waste yours.

Simkin

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved